• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon: Soul Seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Anonymour

In pain and Insane.
Reaction score
Pokemon: Soul Seekers.

The sign up is here

----------------------------------------

???
Mount Moon
Sunrise

It was a peaceful morning in Kanto. Even now, the sun was rising in the east, greeting it's residents with it's bright light. As the sunbeams settled over the horizon, three hooded figures looked down upon the town below them. They stood high above the other people of the land, perched on the very pinnacle of Mt. Moon. The first was a very small figure, whose black robe was trimmed with edges of blue, . This person sat upon the shoulder of a much taller, more menacing figure, whose robes sparked with yellow trimming. The last seemed to be the leader, a figure of average size who stood in front of the others. His robes shone with a hint of red.

"Oooh! Pretty! We should come up here and watch this more often!"

"We aren't here for sightseeing"

The Blue-robed figure made a raspberry-like noise. "Aww! You're no fun!"

"We're not about fun."

The Yellow-robed figure remained silent.

"Then why are we up here? All I can tell is that it looks pretty."

"To bask" Red-robes replied "In the glory of our future kingdom. Our ancestors may have been foolish enough to grant the humans such power, but we know better." He waved his hand. "You see that? Everything the light touches-"

"What about Pewter?"

"What?"

Yellow-robes said nothing.

"Pewter Valley!" The blue-robed figure insisted. “It's in the shadow of this mountain we're standing on, so-"

"It was metaphorical, you imbecile." Red-robes gave an annoyed sigh. "Come. Let's send a greeting card to our friends in Kanto..."

With that, the thre figures vanished, and as she arose, Queen Carmen felt a cold shiver down her spine... Is this the calm before the storm?

----------------------------------------

It's a peaceful morning in the Kingdom of Kanto. Everyone is just now waking up and going about their day. For your beginning post, your character is just waking up, unless they have been up before sunrise. The day seems normal, but there's a small bit of tension in the air everywhere...

Robert
His hut in Viridian Forest
Sunrise

Robert was woken by the light of the morning sun. "Nemus, get up. The Sun's rising", he said with a yawn. Nemus yawned as well before he stood up. Robert got up out of his hammock and got dressed. They walked outside of the small hut made of fallen branches. It wasn't big but it was home. They took a few berries for breakfast, but they were sure to plant more.

"So Nemus, what are we studying today?" Robert asked. "Butterfree perhaps? No, we've already done that haven't we. Pikachu?" Nemus shook his head. They had completed a full entry for the Mouse Pokemon in Robert's journal last week. Robert opened his journal to see what Pokemon he had finished studying. "Weedle? No. Metapod? No. Pidgeotto? No." Robert flipped through the pages. "I seems as if we know everything about every Pokemon in the forest. What do we do now? Maybe we'll have to move on to a new location to study Pokemon". Robert turned to the next page. "Carnivine! Of course we haven't studied it much". Robert left to the area where he believed the Carnivine lived. In the back of his mind something told him this would be the last Pokemon he'd get to study in the forest.

Last edited:
OOC: Woot, it's finally up! And anyways, I'm going to be typing in first person, just so you know.

IC: I bounded through the forest, jumping over a fallen tree and into a clearing. I was chasing a rogue Arcanine who had been terrorizing some areas of Viridian for months, stealing food and burning houses, and i had finally gone after it when it woke me up in the very early morning, before sunrise. I finally caught up with the beast as it created a wall of flames, obscuring my view as it escaped. I moved around the fire and sprinted on. Upon next seeing the Arcanine, it made a fatal mistake. It stumbled and tripped on a root, slamming into a tree, and fell over. It picked itself up clumsily and sprung over a ditch too large for me to jump, turning back to me and growling intimidatingly. I whistled a low tune, and my Charmander partner, Charr, came running to me, jumping onto my back.

"You know what to do," I told Charr, and he nodded, jumping into the air. Charr transformed into a long staff with a sharp end and a flame hovering above it. I placed the staff into the dirt and used it to vault myself over the ditch, carrying the staff with me into the air and landing right in front of the Arcanine.

"Any last words?" I asked the Arcanine, raising the sharp end of the staff to it's neck. The Arcanine growled a low growl and pounced.

"Ah, the best part," I said, and dropped to the ground, rolling as I went. The beast went sailing into the ditch, trapped momentarily inside.

"Slash," I said, and swung the edge of the staff as hard as possible at the Arcanine's head. Then again, and again, until the beast was dead. I jumped into the ditch and put a hand to it's chest, whispering a prayer. I began walking back home to Viridan, my work complete by the beginning of sunrise.

Last edited:
Devon Allen
Cerulean Port

Devon had just finished fishing for the day. He needed the extra cash to set out on his journey. Scyther had many fish skewed through his claws while devon carried a makeshift spear and net full of fish. He went up to Kalber's stand and set down his load. Kalber looked at the fish and nodded. He took out 5,000 Poke and handed it over. That brought Devon's grand total to 37,460 Poke. Devon thought that was just enough for a journey so he headed back towards his hut on the cape........

When they got to the hut, Devon gathered the bag he had packed before he had gone fishing the night before. It contained sleeping mats, cloths, healing berries, his armor, and cooking instruments. Devon picked up his scythe and picked up his bag. He wanted to check out the far away places that there were and become the best fighter possible. He motioned to Scyther and they headed for Lavender Village.

I walked home triumphantly, hauling along a large chunk of meat and a long mass of Arcanine fur. I had salvaged all possible from the Arcanine, planning to eat the meat and sell the fur. I arrived at my small hut and walked in, placing my staff on a chair, which morphed back into Charr.

"So, how do you think this turned out?" I asked, laying the meat and fur down. "The fur's even heatproof."

"Charmander! Charr!" Charr agreed, lying down on the fur, somewhat exhausted. He looked hungry.

"How about I get some breakfast ready?" I asked, and went back outside. I had several Berries and spices growing, and gathered a small amount. I chopped up the berries with a stone knife I had lying around, laying them on the floor next to Charr, who began eating. I started up a fire in the fireplace to warm up the place. Once it got hot enough, I decided, I'd cook some meat for my own breakfast. It eventually got so hot I could hardly bear it. The perfect amount of warmth for Charr, and the perfect fire srength for my cooking. I added some spices to a chunk of meat and put it on a slab of stone, laying it all on the fire to cook.

OOC: Sorry, I wasn't able to post at all yesterday. Damn you, Friday the 13th!

Zaar
Saffron Junction
Sunrise

Zaar had already been up and about before the sun wandered over the horizon. Waking up extremely early was his specialty. Since he hadn't received any orders from the Kanto Knights, he was currently wandering around the Saffron Junction, and the crowds gave him a wide berth. He had an infamous reputation as the assassin of the Kanto Knights, and for his sadistic and psychopathic nature.

His Spiritomb, Raaz, was currently floating alongside him. Zaar was looking for something entertaining to do. Of course, he couldn't outright break the law. That would be plain suicide. But there are workarounds. For example, hunting Pokemon out in the wildernesses.

He gazed off to the east. Those swamps had eluded him for quite some time now. He had always been itching to go in there, but everyone else warned him otherwise.

He sighed. He was utterly bored, hoping for something, anything to do. He walked out of the city, into the route that connects Saffron and Celadon...

Jordan Summers II
Saffron Junction - Outside Jordan's House

So early in the morning when few people were outside, Jordan took the opportunity to practice with his Ralts, the ideal way to quickly wake up as he sae it. Waking up earlier then the usual was nothing that bothered Jordan being the son of a fisherman, he was really just in it for the fun.

Jordan swung his wooden training sword, double-edged just like his regular one, at Ranger who would then block the attack with his telekinetic powers. The spar had been on for a few minute salready, but they both had the intent to end it. After getting one of his sword blades pushed away by Ranger's Psychic, Jordan brought the second one down from above with too much strength. Though it was meant to fall next to Ranger as to avoid injury, it was still suprising to Jordan when Ranger protected himself right before the attack, causing the sword to glance off of the green barrier. Ranger quickly dropped the barrier and charged forward as another one formed, a blue one over his head that signaled the begining of the Zen Headbutt attack.

Caught off-guard, Jordan couldn't react before Ranger rammed his head into Jordan's shin, the power of the psychic force pulled Jordan's legs out from under him, causing him to flip over and land painfully on his head. Jordan rolled over on his back to find Ranger levitating over him, smiling deviously. "Fine, you win this one, Ranger," Jordan told him, smiling back as he stood up. Once he was on his feet, Jordan flexed his neck back and picked up his swords, the wooden one and the regular one. "Honestly, you didn't have to knock me to the dirt."

"Ralts, Ralts," Ranger responded when Jordan picked him up and put him on his shoulder.

As Jordan and Ranger both started walking down the road towards the Saffron Dojo, their conversation continued. "Aw, you just like flinging me around like a bag of arrows, admit it."

Eliot Nadel
Saffron Junction
Sunrise

Eliot, meanwhile, wrapped in a red scarf to conceal his identity, hade begun to follow Zaar as he left town. He knew Zaar's reputation, and was planning on stopping his evil once and for all. Hass in gauntlet form, he followed Zaar until they were a few yards from the city, and spoke.

"Halt, evildoer! I challenge you to a duel to the death! I will end your reign of terror once and for all!" He says, the subtlest hint of fear in his voce. Now that he had delivered his challenge, he realized how foolish it was. "I mean...Uh...If it's not too much trouble...Sir." He says, stepping back a few paces. "I mean...Uh...Lovely...Weather we're hav...No! I will defeat you!" He says, fire in his eyes.

Zaar
Route Connecting Saffron and Celadon
Shortly after Sunrise

Zaar turned to face Eliot, a smirk on his face. "You're really more idiotic than you sound. I could rip you to shreds faster than you could raise an eyebrow," he said, bringing out Sanguezanna, his scythe.

"I don't really have much better to do, and since you formally challenged me, killing you wouldn't be breaking the law, now would it?" Zaar said, his smirk slowly turning into a sadistic grin.

"Care to take that back?"

Last edited:
Eliot Nadel
Saffron Junction
Sunrise

"...No. I have to do this." He says, gritting his teeth behind the scarf. "I need to beat you. Then I'll have beaten my fear of death, then I'll have beaten everything in my way...My way of becoming a hero!" He turns his gauntlets into drills and charges at Zaar, the drills spinning.

Zaar
Saffron Junction
A bit after Sunrise

Zaar sighed. "I tried to warn you."

He rolled out of the way, and held out his scythe. Raaz's ethereal energy then collected in the scythe, morphing it into his Soul Weapon. Zaar then raised his weapon in the air, sending out a Shock Wave in a dome-like shape around him, just in case Eliot tried another attack.

Last edited:
OOC: His pokemon's name is Hass, and my characters name is Eliot, not Hade XD

Eliot Nadel
Saffron Junction
Sunrise

Eliot misses him, and falls to the ground. He rolls over and turns one of his drills back into a gauntlt, shooting the knife at Zaar on it's chain. It electrocutes Eliot, stunning him, and causing him to jerk, the knife veering off course. "Dammit..." He says, barely able to move, as the knife winds itself back up, reattaching itself to his gauntlet. He gets up. slowly, shaking.

The Arcanine meat continued cooking until it was a delicious-looking brown color. I attempted to grab the slab of stone, but it had heated up too much. My hands were badly burnt.

"Oh, Charr," I said, throwing a bucket to my Charmander. "Go fill this bucket up with the purest water in Viridian you can find for this burn."

Charr nodded and grabbed the bucket, then ran out to go fill it up with water. In the meantime, I pulled on some leather gauntlets and grabbed the slab of stone, pulling it out of the fire so the meat could cool a little.

Charr returned with the water, and I split it into two jugs. I poured one on my hands to heal them, and the other on the fire to put it out.

"Whaddaya was we head south to Pallet Fields?" I asked Charr, who nodded.

I made sure the fire was extinguised and began packing supplies in a strip of leather tied into a bag. I put a few berries and the meat in, along with a spear and a hatchet for cutting trees. I put a tinderbox in there, too, in case of any cold nights, and set out south.

Jordan Summers II
Saffron Junction

"So what do you think, soul weapons?"

"Ralts...," Ranger replied wearily.

"Yes, never before have I seen weapons like that," Jordan continued, watching the battle between Zaar and Eliot from afar. "Maybe we should join for whoever loses, do you think?"

Ranger jumped off of Jordan's shoulder, transforming himself into the blunt-edged blade of his soul weapon form. "I was certain you wouldn't object," Jordan said, catching the white hilt in his right hand.

Zaar
Saffron Junction
A bit after Sunrise

Zaar chuckled, and released the flow of electricity. "Really? Those are the best maneuvers you can pull off? You never did, nor will you have even the slightest chance of defeating me in combat.

"Especially after you're dead."

He lunged at the stunned Eliot, attempting to slice his neck in half with his blade...

Jordan Summers II
Saffron Junction

As soon as Zaar jumped for Eliot, maybe a moment earlier, Jordan threw his blunt soul sword towards Zaar. Quickly after Jordan released it, the red blade spontaneously combusted into a dark purple and black flame.

Zaar
Saffron Junction

Zaar ducked under the sword, rolling backwards until he was a safe distance from the two. "Two on one is simply unfair," he said. "This was supposed to be a one on one challenge. Me and him. Not you. But, then again...the only way he'd avoid getting chopped to bits is if you joined forces with him."

He pointed his sword at Jordan, shooting out many of the spirits that inhabited Raaz, charged full of malevolent energy.

???
Saffron Junction

“ENOUGH!” roared a voice. A young boy, no older than sixteen, rose out of the earth in front of them, his arms raised. He had black, long hair with bangs that covered his eyes, and a beige wand was in his hand.

“How dare you foul the land of my father!” he roared. “Have you no respect?”

Eliot Nadel
Saffron Junction
Sunrise

"I was going to leave, actually. Like you said, two on one is unfair." He says to Zaar, and then sees the boy ho rose out of the earth. "Uh...We were just settling a dispute. We both agreed, y'know. We're not violating any laws, and now that Mr...Uh...Person...Saved me, the duel's kind of void? Oh, uh, and thanks." He says to Juliet.

Zaar
Saffron Junction

Zaar narrowed his blood-red eyes. "And right when we were getting to the good part...oh well," he said, clearly disappointed, and he then turned to the boy.

"You know me. I like to be able to have something to do if there's no assignments that require my attention. Speaking of which, there seems to be tension in the air that I can't quite place. Hopefully it isn't of importance. But knowing the state of things recently, it probably is."

With that, he swept off, heading toward Celadon Castle. Perhaps there could be an assignment for him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom