• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Special Colorization

Jared DiCarlo

Grovyle Fan
Reaction score
While I’m not a big fan of the manga itself, I really love the artwork in Pokémon Special. I’ve always thought it could use an extra something, so I decided to try colorizing it.

I started out by colorizing the Diamond and Pearl chapter.

These earlier attempts of mine are pretty bad. For one thing, I had to work from crappy Vietnamese translated scans. Sometimes, I didn’t even keep in the backgrounds.

Eventually, I got the hang of it, and I found better scans to use.

I admit that they still aren’t perfect (the backgrounds are still monochrome for the most part), but at least they’re a lot better than just leaving it blank.

Back
Top Bottom