• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Let’s Go with Marie Iitoyo! The World of the ‘Pocket Monsters’ Anime! ~Anipoké Complete Commentary Special~

Reaction score
Airs November 10. It's not yet clear whether this will be a special for the end of SM or for the start of the new series.
y7HU72S.jpg

Is it 30 minutes as usual?
Yes. The variety show 「モヤモヤさまぁ〜ず2」 (which you can barely see the top of there) airs after Pokémon every Sunday at 6:30 pm, so Pokémon can only take the time slot of the previous show (Boruto) like it'll be doing on November 17 for the start of the new series.

I hope it's a Serena special, she's the only pokegirl that has not reappeared not even in a special (Iris got one!) but I guess it could be about the Alolan boys and girls, maybe solving Lillie and Mallow stories.

I'm pretty sure this special has absolutely nothing to do with Alola or Sun & Moon. It would be under the "Pocket Monsters: Sun and Moon Special!" Brand if it was. But its just "Pocket Monsters"... Its either something to tie-in with the new series, some recap of Ash's journey ( >Road to Kalos flashbacks trigger ) or something like Origins.

Serena is so irrelevant at the moment. Anything but Serena is likely for the time being. If it is a special sort of show, I suppose it'd regard Lillie and Gladion's unclosed case or Mallow and Shaymin's.

I don't care if she's "irrelevant", I'm being neutral here, she deserves at least one more re-apperance like all pokegirls before her, it's only fair.
-
-
-
Someone said this "special" could be a tie-in with the new series? Maybe set up in Pallet town? I would be the most happy person if it was an Oak's lab special, omg, one can only dream...

If it's related to Sun & Moon then it will no doubt be a side story related to Lillie/Gladion/Mohn...

buuutttt if it's related to the newer series then perhaps it could potentially be some kind of prologue or something.

A special isn't exactly the best place to resolve a major plot point. Specials up until now have always been side stories showing the beginning of a companion's adventures without Ash.

Specials also tend to not be aired internationally. A resolution to a major plot point would be something they'd want to include in the series proper, to ensure that people see it.

You might as well blatantly admit that you hate her.
lol? She is one of my favourite companion girls. What is this immature "if you don't expect to see her this is not because you think so, but because you are a hater" attitude out of nowhere?

Cilan was irrelevant to XY, he still made an appearance there, didn't he?
Difference is Cilan's special came right after Unova saga ended while he was still relevant. XY saga is like... 3 years behind the schedule now and we are moving onto second next region if you haven't realised yet.

Last edited:
What will Serena do if she returns anyway? She has most possibly the best character ending to an arc even though I necessarily didn't like the way she was handled overall. I wouldn't want her to return just for the sake of returning. That was my problem with Cilan's Special as well since it offered nothing in the long scheme.

Yeah, I agree with DynamicFusion. I don't think this is Sun and Moon related or past companion related.

I am going out on a limb here and think it will be a special about Ash and Gou's encounters with Ho-Oh and Mew prior to the start of their respective journeys. Basically a prequel/tie-in to the new series.

These specials generally don't offer very important story content, at best just a slice of what the companions get up to after the series ends. I don't think something major like the entire conclusion to Lillie and Gladion's story arch would be confined to a special. If such a conclusion exists it would be an actual episode, or in this case it could even be featured in the new series. At the same time I don't think it will feature any vital story tidbits for the new series either, as they would just put that in the first episode. The special is more likely to be a filler about the rest of the classmates getting on with their lives. Either that or it's a recap episode like previous series have had. Come to think of it, if the new series is a continuation and we will be seeing older characters and locations then it is probably necessary to have a lengthy recap like this.

I hope not as that would be a waste of time for me

I'm hoping it involves Mallow/Shaymin and/or Lillie/Gladion/Mohn/Magerna, maybe even meet up with another of Ash's former companions

It wouldn't be for the new viewers who would be starting with the new series, or those who started with SM and don't know any of the past companions besides Misty and Brock. With Ash traveling to all regions and presumably seeing former companions, new viewers will need to be brought up to speed.

It wouldn't be for the new viewers who would be starting with the new series, or those who started with SM and don't know any of the past companions besides Misty and Brock. With Ash traveling to all regions and presumably seeing former companions, new viewers will need to be brought up to speed.
However, this might not be a continuity-heavy series and in that case a clip show wouldn't be needed.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom