• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon (species) headcanons

LGPE-style Eevee's gender differences only exist in Switch/SwSh-verse variant Eevee.

In other universes like 3DS/Mega-verse/Ultra-verse or DS-verse, all Eevee look the same regardless of biological gender.

I brought this up in the Gardevoir vs Hatterene thread, but I sorta headcannon that Hatterene is basically a fungus with magical powers, a mushroom witch if you will, mainly because the hat and upper blue part of her body remind me of a mushroom due to the shape and white spots. The white dress part on the bottom also looks a little like the gills of a mushroom too.
Hatterene_EpEc.gif
Hatterene_espalda_G8.gif
iu

The prehistoric version of the Magikarp that was known to be much stronger than the current Magikarp was the equivalent of the Dunkleosteus of the Pokémon World living under the seas, but as time passed and its preys went extinct, the Magikarps were forced to leave from the seabed and take a herbivorous diet to survive and with changes in oxygen and etc, its size was become very small and then it became "useless", the original Magikarp had no evolution because it was a great predator at its peak, but the harmless Modern Magikarp needed some way to defend itself and that's when its evolution to Gyarados came about, this evolution is nothing more than a way to awaken the characteristics of prehistoric Magikarp as a defense mode for the current Magikarps.

There used to be a male Salandit evolution, but competition with Salazzle harems led to it slowly dying out while specimens with non-evolving genetic traits thrived under the protection of Salazzle’s. Slowly, the evolution was wed out of the gene pool and modern male Salandit are rendered a non-evolving species.

(The game explanation of malnourishment kinda makes sense in the wild, but then it should be able to evolve when hatched by a trainer...)

* Several conspiracy theories classify Zeraora as an Ultra Beast, although the exact origin of it is unknown.

* Zangoose, alongside rivalry with Seviper, has been known to catch some rodent-based Pokémon. Pikachu and Rattata were common preys for them, but other preyed rodents like Pachirisu and Minccino are also not unheard of.

Larvesta seek incredibly hot places such as volcanic isles or geyser valleys when they are ready to evolve. They nestle in the extreme heat and cocoon up to build the power needed to evolve in a few months.

The newly evolved Volcarona bursts out of the cocoon with a huge blast of pent up firepower, a phenomenon that has been popularly named “Blooming Blaze”.

Eevee and its Eeveelutions are powerful predators in nature, due to their possible "alien invader" origin.

While Eevee itself hunts its prey from a stealth angle, and will eat them if they want to, most of its Eeveelutions will hunt down other Pokemon aggressively. There have been reports of Sylveon eating a Hydreigon or a Kommo-O after killing them. Predation, for them, is just natural like other wild Pokemon.

Some Absol actually do have the ability to cause disasters, rather than just forsee them. However, this is incredibly rare; probably less than 0.5% of all Absol. Absol with this ability tend to be cast out by other members of the species due to distrust (people who are aware of this have been known to comment on the irony of the situation). There are a small number of recorded incidents of the cast out Absol responding by wreaking havoc on the area the specific group of Absol cast them out from.

Chikorita's evolution line is able to photsynthesize food. Chlorophyll is one of the pigments that makes Chikorita's body entirely green, and in combination with the large leaf on it's head, a Chikorita with proper exposure to sunlight and plenty of nutrient-supplemented water able entirely or nearly entirely on photosynthesis. After evolving into Bayleef, the smaller leaf and less chlorophyll throughout its body is not able to provide enough food for it, so Bayleef has to eat regularly- none of the Chikorita line can digest meat properly, so most Bayleef trainers let them out to eat grasses and leaves on the trail, and sometimes give them fruits as a treat. When Bayleef evolves into Meganium, levels of chlorophyll and some other green pigments increase again, though most Meganium can't entirely sustain themselves through photosynthesis.

While there are various theories, nobody's sure why chlorophyll levels fluctuate during Chickorita's life.

Grimmsnarl and Hatterene are the same pokemon since they both have to do with small creatures being wrapped up in hair. There is probably like a secret inside the egg form that either stays round (Hattena) or grows a body and limbs immediately after hatching (Impidimp) depending on what gender it is. Nobody has seen inside the eggs so they just think they're two different distinct species.

Relicanth is the ancestor of all the Fish Pokemon and is also the only one who hasn't changed a bit during the course of years, since it can adapt in multiple environments due to its Rocky nature and as such, never went extinct, despite being as old as many fossil Pokemon.

How fire pokemon moves works biologically
Okay, so I literally just made this up, but bear with me. Fire pokémon have an internal gland of some flammable substance (let's say oil though I'm not set on it) and release some of this oil into whatever body part they launch fire out of (or some part connected to it- possibly from their stomachs to their mouths since that's where most fire moves for most fire pokemon are used from), and when they do this, this part of the body is a higher temperature than the oil gland (idk how the oil stays cool, but it does- I guess it just needs to stay lower than its burning temperature which I don't know but might not be impossible?), so the oil spontaneously combusts- the fire doesn't harm the fire-type or at least not notably (maybe overusing fire type moves is probably bad) given that they're naturally developed to resist it, so as it burns it kinda just spews out, possibly forced forward by an outward breath when it gets into there throat. (breathing in during use of a fire type move could also maybe be some that is probably bad).
Note that I don't know much about biology so if this makes no sense ignore me.
Also note that I have thought enough about it to know that I think some Pokémon with external flames just make those bigger and launch those. Probably given that above explanation I just made up the overall process is similar but safer.

I'll have to do a bit more thinking to answer the other two and how it works non-fire Pokémon (and some shark research for the Garchomp one).

...Were all of those posts moved from various other threads? Because otherwise, I've never seen this much multi-posting before.
Those aren’t even their own writing, they appear to be copied from different forums/threads. For example, their posts on Eevee and the Eeveelutions were taken from this GameFAQs thread.

Edit: This is also apparent by the fact that the original poster writes very differently from the comments they’ve posted here.

Edit 2: Also, several of their posts mention usernames that don’t appear to belong to anyone on Bulbagarden, such as Darkfall or Iveechan.

Last edited:
Some Garbodor managed to find ways to evade and even fight back against Muk, like separating and then consuming a Muk's sludge.

...Were all of those posts moved from various other threads? Because otherwise, I've never seen this much multi-posting before.
Those aren’t even their own writing, they appear to be copied from different forums/threads. For example, their posts on Eevee and the Eeveelutions were taken from this GameFAQs thread.

Edit: This is also apparent by the fact that the original poster writes very differently from the comments they’ve posted here.

Edit 2: Also, several of their posts mention usernames that don’t appear to belong to anyone on Bulbagarden, such as Darkfall or Iveechan.
I think it's a bot. Or maybe they were moved from somewhere else and they somehow eneded up published by this account

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom