1. Episode 14 of Bulbacast is now on YouTube. You can watch it right here.
  2. Hey everyone, confused about all the staff name changes? Want to get in on the villainy? Well then stop by here to see a list of staff name changes and to let us know what villain you will be theming this month! Happy Halloween from the forum staff!

Pokemon Specific Items

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Grimbad, May 16, 2018.

1. Grimbad

Grimbad PokéManiac

Blog Posts:
    I recently did a USUM play through with an alolan marowak, and it was hitting like a champ with the club item. This gave me an appreciation for this rarely used aspect of the games: pokemon specific items. Reminds me more of an rpg characteristic to these games.

Any cool sets you have used that utilize this type of thing? Would you like to see more pokemon specific items?

I am working on making a clamperl using the deepsea tooth to boost special attack to crazy high levels. Always loved clamperl and I think with this it can be usable in online battle

TechSkylander1518 likes this.
  2. Sir Cookie

Sir Cookie PK Normal

Blog Posts:
    Eviolite is fun to play around with. Besides the obvious Eviolite Chansey or Eviolite Gligar, I've fooled around with Eviolite Vigoroth before.

Don't remember the exact set, but I ran bulk up, return, slack off, and something else that I don't remember. Had Max speed and attack and was adamant nature (or jolly I don't remember)

3. Team Gaara

Team Gaara Borderland Sword

Blog Posts:
    I would like if there were more Pokemon specific items. Not too many that it seems to not be unique anymore, but at least for some novelty Pokemon that could be better. Like can we get a Mimikyu Cloth to boost that thing's Defense or something? IDK~

He's asking about Pokemon specific items. Like Light Ball or Lucky Punch. Eviolite can be used by any Pokemon that isn't in it's final stage

TechSkylander1518 likes this.
  4. Grimbad

Grimbad PokéManiac

Blog Posts:
    Mimikyu would be a good contender for items. It can get a cloth or stick

5. Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla "You thought Dugtrio and Magnezone were asshats?"

Blog Posts:
    I tend to avoid those items, actually. As a guy who occasionally dabbles in online play, Knock Off feels too prolific nowadays for me to get confortable with these species-specific items. Lots of Pokémon are capable of removing your incredibly powerful tool and subsequently crippling one of your team in one fell slap. If they acted like Mega Stones and Z-Crystals in that they can't be removed from the holder in battles, then it'd be ok, but...

Maybe they work really well for you, and that's brilliant, but I'm just too wary and paranoid of item loss to put so much of my hopes in them. Going into the Eviolite route, that's why I prefer Blissey over Chansey.