• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stadium 2 - Little Cup/Egg Cup

ZeekSlider

never finished Gen. 2
Reaction score
THIS.

TOURNAMENT.

IS.

DRIVING.

ME.

MAD!!!

Seriously, what does it take to beat this cup? I've powered through the others, and I can't breed Pokemon of my own right now because I'm still gathering all the things I need to restore my Gold/Silver/Crystal cartridges. And this is the only cup left for me to beat in the R1 version of the game before I unlock the Rival and R2!

How did everyone else beat it? Did you breed your own team? What did you use? Did anyone try just rentals? Which rentals did you pick?

The only way I was able to beat it was breeding my own poke's. Something like...
Geodude @ Berry
-Defense Curl
-Roll Out
-Magnitude
-Selfdestruct
For my lead and then

Abra @ Nothing
-Psychic
-Thief
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Wave
Basically a frail special sweeper. Thief the opponents item away and proceed to pummel them. And finally...

Dratini @ Bitter Berry
-Outrage
-Slam
-Toxic
-Thunderbolt
Physical mostly and Thunderbolt to help counter the duel Water/Ice types.

Seems to work good for me. And decent type coverage.

Well, I'm looking up a lot of information on this cup again now that I can breed my own team, but I'm curious as to what you guys recommend.

Right now, I know I'll need Abra for speed and Spec. Atk, as the rental that has Psychic was able to get me to Round 5 but not any farther than that. I may use the moveset in the post above, as it seems to have two really good moves that the rental does not have.

I also know I need a strong Fighting type, as apparently there's a Chansey in the R2 version of the tournie that has caused many FUUUUU! moments to players. What do you suggest I breed?

As for the rest of the team, I'm pretty much clueless. For some reason, I like my Level 5 Pokemon to be cute but know powerful attacks. But the cuter they are, the less battle-ready they are as soon as they hatch.

I'll be doing all my breeding on Crystal, and there are some EGG moves unique to that game. Any help would be great. :)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom