• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Stadium arrives on Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass worldwide on April 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
NSO_Stadium.jpg
Thanks to trailers posted on Nintendo's official Japanese and Australian YouTube channels earlier today, we finally have a date for when Pokémon Stadium will be available for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack subscribers. Players around the world will get their chance to return to this classic title from April 12th.

While the Australian trailer does explicitly confirm that multiplayer modes will be available, neither the Australian nor Japanese trailer elaborates on if players will be able to transfer Pokémon to this game from other Pokémon titles. The description of the Australian trailer does state "Please note you cannot transfer Pokémon from Game Boy titles in this version.", which may suggest that the original game boy connection functions are present but non-functional, however we'll have to wait until we can get hands on to confirm if other transfer methods may be made available. If these are not present at launch, there is still also a potential that these could be added in as part of a later update to the Nintendo Switch Online app.

Archaic

Archaic

As I said in other places, and a lot of others have, no point with just the rentals, and minigames only go so far. It's possible, unlike how certain websites like to claim it about Stadium 1, just look up some speedruns for example, but it's suffering. (Stadium 2 is definitely way more doable that said. I even had an official Nintendo miniguide that had R1 strats!) Doesn't seem from a quick glance that they buffed the rentals either, so a whole new generations of fans - those who care to buy the expansion pass and play the early gens anyway - will get to experience the pain of using extremely underpowered Pokemon against a computer who can cheat!

I was actually expecting the reason no Gen 1 games as rumored on Pokemon Day and Stadium taking a while to confirm release is because they were working on getting functionality in, but I guess not.

As I said in other places, and a lot of others have, no point with just the rentals, and minigames only go so far. It's possible, unlike how certain websites like to claim it about Stadium 1, just look up some speedruns for example, but it's suffering. (Stadium 2 is definitely way more doable that said. I even had an official Nintendo miniguide that had R1 strats!) Doesn't seem from a quick glance that they buffed the rentals either, so a whole new generations of fans - those who care to buy the expansion pass and play the early gens anyway - will get to experience the pain of using extremely underpowered Pokemon against a computer who can cheat!

I was actually expecting the reason no Gen 1 games as rumored on Pokemon Day and Stadium taking a while to confirm release is because they were working on getting functionality in, but I guess not.

I at least hope they fix the movesets (Since it actually belony that a Squirtle has a better moveset than a Blastoise and then still gets destroyed by fully evolved mons because of the stats).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom