• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Star Squad: Sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngster_Joey

Hurrrrr...
Reaction score
POKEMON STAR SQUAD​
"Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we'll be there!" ~Motto of the Pokemon Star Squad police force

Story:
It is the year 20XX, the future of the Pokemon World. Old customs are met with new, advanced technologies, new ways to travel, new ways to live your life, and new ways to capture and raise Pokemon.

The Pokeball… What is THAT thing? Such a device has now become obsolete in the art of Pokemon training. The device everyone uses nowadays, invented by none other than Silph Co., is the PokeScanner. It’s a PokeBall, a Pokedex, a PokeGear, and a storage system all in one hand held device. It fires the same beam used in PokeBalls to capture and send out Pokemon, but unlike the Pokeball, if a wild Pokemon breaks out upon attempted capture, it will do no damage to the PokeScanner, whereas the ball would break and become useless. Such a great invention immediately became standard for managing Pokemon, and the PokeBall’s only use now is to be displayed at the history museums. It even removed the hassle of carrying the mentioned items separately all the time, as all six of your Pokemon party, as well as their PokeDex entries, can be stored in the PokeScanner, and deposited into the PC wirelessly. While this invention proves to be superior, it still has its limitations, which are mostly intentional. To retain the challenge and spirit of Pokemon capturing, Wild Pokemon can still break out of the PokeScanner if they aren’t weakened, and each breakout decreases the scanner’s battery power, forcing trainers to have to recharge it after use. Also, it only has the power of a regular PokeBall, and people have to purchase upgrades to build its capture rate. There is only one scanner in existence, however, that is completely devoid of these problems: the Master Scanner. With this, all Pokemon shot by the beam will be captured without fail, the Master Ball of the new age. Unfortunately, such a great invention did not go unnoticed by the public. Unfortunately, it is now in the hands of evil.

Much like the past, a new team of Pokemon Thieves has arisen in the nation. There only goal is to steal valuable and unique items in the world, including rare and shiny Pokemon. Named based on the cunning, devious Pokemon, Murkrow, this criminal organization became known as the Dark Wing. The Dark Wing, lead by a man named Nathaniel Burglor, have infiltrated the office building of Silph Co. and successfully stole the Master Scanner, giving them the ability to duplicate it with the help of their professional scientists and technologies. The Dark Wing then went on a rampage, capturing all sorts of powerful, rare Pokemon with ease, and using their power to terrorize and steal from civilians all over the nation. No one could stop them, not even the police, until now.

A scientist, who developed the PokeScanner for Silph, decided to take a stance against the Dark Wing, who are misusing his own invention. His name is Dr. Ein Robertson, and he gathered some of the best trainers in the nation to form a police force capable of countering the Dark Wing. He named them after the great hunter species of Pokemon, Staraptor: the Pokemon Star Squad. With their protection, the nation finally breathes a sigh of relief that someone can stand up against the thieves, but Burglar is aware of this, pleased to finally have a challenge.

Currently, the Pokemon Star Squad's base of operations is located in the city of Ununbium, on an artificially made island called Dream Island, located near the coast of the Kanto/Johto regions, and are actively receiving calls from people of the other regions to aid them in the fight against the Dark Wing. Will you put an end to Burglor's reign of terror?

It's a little long, sorry. I got the inspiration for this RP watching the Bomberman Jetters anime, and I thought "Pokemon + travel + fighting thieves? GREAT IDEA!" So whoohoo... My first RP on this site.

Info:
Since this takes place "in the future" of the Pokemon World, I'd thought I'd like to give some pointers:
  • Everyone, young and old, has a PokeScanner. The people also almost forgot that the PokeBall even existed, with regards that older people actually recall the time they used Poke Balls to capture Pokemon. So if there is any mention of a Poke Ball your character comes across, unless he/she is near elderly, you should probably be surprised and curious about the mechanism.
  • Despite the setting, most areas located in the regions (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn. NOT Isshu, because there is currently a lack of info on that region so far) aren't changed too much as far as the position of their landmarks. However, most regions have improved themselves by a technological standpoint, some even having more machine assistance such as robots to perform daily tasks. As the RP roles along, I'll explain this further.
  • The Poke Scanner contains features similar to gadgets shown in the games, combined into one unit. You are not only capable of capturing pokemon, but also storing a party of six within it. You can also call people with a cell-phone feature, and scan pokemon both inside and outside the PokeScanner to check their PokeDex entry. As stated earlier, everyone has at least one of these. However, Star Squad and Dark Wing members will have specialized PokeScanners. Read further.

Location Info:
This is specific to the major landmarks in the story:
  • Dream Island is the world's first artificially-made land mass located roughly 20 miles off the coast between Johto and Kanto. It's only city is called Ununbium City. It is heavily industrialized and bustling with people who originally came from the other official regions. This is where the Star Squad's base of operations is located. The city is also rigged with special access points which members of the squad can activate using their custom PokeScanners, allowing them to be transported directly to the base from almost anywhere.
  • The Dark Wing base is located on the peak of Mt. Silver, in the Johto region. It appears like a massive, elliptical capsule that is floating just above the peak. The outside of the base is built with multiple lasers that project images from their surrounding area, allowing the base to camouflage itself with any area it is located. Thus, the base cannot be seen, and it's engines are silent enough as to appear nonexistent. Nobody but the members of the Dark Wing know where it is located, for obvious reasons. The only flaw with this camouflage system is that the base can be detected through the use of radio waves. Pokemon like the Magnemite family, the Zubat family, and Luxray can also detect it through their natural abilities. To counter this, the entire base has a system that allows it to teleport to a new position within the nation, so if it is ever discovered, it can relocate itself. Inside, the base has a variety of accommodations to both members and Pokemon. In addition to the countless hallways, there is also a swimming area, a bar, a cafeteria, and an indoor golfing facility. Pokemon that are stolen are placed in an area within the base called the Dark Wing Safari, an artificially made park containing a variety of areas to help the pokemon live comfortably. Each Dark Wing Grunt lives in a large room with several bunks, while Burglor and the admins live in their own, more spacious rooms. Another important room in this base is the treasury, a large room spanding over a mile from all sides, with shelves that contain stolen valuables, ready to be presentable or sold off. There are also a large number of robots in this base, as well, accomidating for almost every need such as serving food, cleaning, delivery, maintaining the Dark Wing Safari, and extra security.

Gear and Vehicle Info:
If traveling with your Pokemon isn't your thing, you can ride with stuff!
  • Star Scanner: A specialized PokeScanner for the Pokemon Star Squad. It allows them to use access points located around Ununbium City. It also has an extra feature of being able to communicate with other teammates directly within an area, similar to a 2-way radio.
  • Dark Wing Scanner: This is modeled after the Master Scanner. It has the same 2-way features as the Star Scanner, but it can capture any pokemon without fail. Every Dark Wing grunt and admin has this.
  • The Jet Raptor: A large airship, modeled after a Staraptor, used by the Star Squad to travel to one of the four regions (as given by the games). This is the main vehicle the team uses to travel, as it has seating for more than 10 people and can store important equipment for missions. It has a built-in navigation system and self-piloting system to allow it to go to precise locations, though it can be switched to manual control in case of emergencies. For defense purposes, it is equipped with reflector shields and is capable of firing heat-seeking missiles. It can also carry sub-vehicles, used to travel through different terrain. These vehicles include: The Land Raptor, for fast travel on land; The Sea Raptor, for aquatic exploration; and the Dirt Raptor, for drilling underground. Each sub-vehicle can fit four people, and each come in two of each kind. The Jet Raptor is incapable of carrying all of these vehicles, so two of the vehicles must be attached to the Jet Raptor's wings before takeoff.
  • The Crow Ship:These are one of several airships used by the grunts and admins of the Dark Wing. Its design is loosely based off of Murkrow, though having a more saucer-like shape as its base. It is capable of firing plasma through two turrets located at the front corner of each wing. It can also, upon charging up, dash at lightspeed, making it perfect for running away after stealing an item.

How this RP will work:
I am the Game Master, or GM, of this RP. In addition to controlling RP characters of my own, I will also be in charge of any current event that happens. The goal of the storyline for this RP is to be mission-based. The RPer's will be assigned certain tasks that involve protecting (or stealing, if you are a Dark Wing member), an item. The information on that item that needs stealing/protection would probably be found out through contacts or news reports (i.e. a special news report covers a man who caught a golden Magikarp at the Lake of Rage.) Therefore, I'm in control of almost every NPC in the RP. The exceptions to this would be, of course, the player's pokemon, or any NPC that is directly involved with your character, such as a robotic butler offering to get you something. NPCs that are involved in particular missions, however, are controlled by me.

With that said, I'm actually giving more leeway in this RP than you think. You have the option to shape the story. You can possibly betray one side to join the other, or in the Dark Wing headquarters try to overthrow Burglor to gain control of the team. Just be sure to notify everyone if you plan on changing the roles of your character within the RP, and edit your sign-up to include information about the change of your role. If you are using Pokemon that are not fully evolved, you can evolve it within the RP, but you have to ask me to do it. If your post is worthy for the evolution of your pokemon (that is, it did something special) than I'll give you permission to evolve it through OOC, then you can make your next post evolving your pokemon. Just like the characters, you should update your sign-up to include evolution information.

Rules Rule:
  • No Godmodding. I'm actually pretty serious about this particular rule. Quit being a puss and take some hits. Even if you want to dodge every hyper beam that lands your way, at least do it in a way that still handicaps your character as oppose to missing entirely.
    Here's an example of what I tolerate: "Joe tried to maneuver around the laser beams one by one. His heart was racing, his face covered in sweat. He knew if he was hit by even one laser, he would fail to protect what is important to him. He barely missed the last laser, and fell to the ground, dropping the magical object out of his sweaty palms."
    This, on the other hand, is BS: "Joe dodged all 100 lasers that were fired. He then sent out Bidoof and destroyed his attacker effortlessly with its awesomeness." Notice how the former leaves people open to perform an action against your character? Please follow this, as nothing spoils an RP more than to watch a Mary Sue garner all the attention.
  • Don't control other people's characters. I don't think I need to explain this one.
  • No killing off other characters/Pokemon without the user's consent.
  • Cussing is allowed. However, please don't go overboard.
  • You can kiss, you can make out for all I care, but absolutely no sexual/inappropriate scenes. Keep it PG.
  • You can have 3 characters max, each with a max of 6 pokemon. However, you can only choose one of the given roles. That is, you cannot sign up to be both the head scientist and the admin. The reason for this is simply because I want to give people a better chance of getting something they want, and just general variety.
  • I expect anyone who signs up for this to have a literacy level that is at least par. Please don't post one-liners if it isn't necessary, and no, no, NO chat speak!
  • If you read these rules, post the Star Squad motto anywhere in your sign-up.
Breaking these can result in me calling you out on any of these broken rules, leading up to me asking you to delete/ignore your post, and finally up to complete removal. I'm a nice guy, don't bring out my nasty side, seriously.

Roles of Major Characters:
Pokemon Star Squad:- The Star Squad consists of mostly trainers, even gym leaders. You are living two lives: One as a trainer, or whatever outside job position you choose, and the other as an officer, in which you'll be on duty when you are contacted through the PokeScanner.
Dr. Robertson - Me
Star Squad Detective - Godzillawolf
Jet Raptor Pilot - Infernal_King
Everyone else is considered a "Star Squad Officer"

The Dark Wing:-All members of the Dark Wing live in the base of operations, as it has everything needed to sustain a living.
Boss Burglor - Me
Dark Wing Top Admin - Johto Trainer
Dark Wing Mid Admin - Godzillawolf
Dark Wing Bottom Admin - GoldenrodGirl
Dark Wing Lead Scientist - Flamealex
Everyone else is considered a "Dark Wing Grunt". Keep in mind, if any admin dies/betrays the team you have a chance of getting promoted.

Finally, here are the sign-up forms:
Username: (Exactly what it says. Please notify everyone if you changed your username)

Name: (Name of your character)

Affiliation: (either the Star Squad or the Dark Wing)

Role: (See the list of roles for details)

Personality: (describe your character. How does he/she react to his/her surroundings? What does she like/dislike? I expect this to be a paragraph in length)

Appearance: (Describe what your character looks like. Even if you provide an image, please still describe their features in text)

History: (What has your character been through? Specific to this sign-up form, you should also explain what makes your character qualified to become a Star Squad Officer/Dark Wing Grunt? Again, at least a paragraph)

Pokemon: (Max of six. Please don't go overboard with shiny Pokemon, and no lengendaries. Optionally, but preferred, you can create a short bio for each pokemon and list their nicknames if you want them to have any. If you are a Dark Wing member, it is preferable that you have fully evolved, uncommon Pokemon.)

Other: (anything you want to comment/ask)

...And here are my Sign-ups
Username: Youngster_Joey

Name: Dr. Ein Robertson

Affiliation: Star Squad

Role: Creator and coordinator of the Star Squad Police Force

Personality: Dr. Robertson is an eccentric genius. He is always coming up with nearly ridiculous ideas and testing them out in a scientific experiment. Even if his experiments turn out to be flawed, he still loves the scientific process enough to continue doing what he does. He is known to goof off on the job sometimes and use the Star Squad communications for his personal desires. Regardless, he can be serious about his job, and does not give leeway to those whose actions hurt the Star Squad. He's clumsy, but a strong-willed man at the same time.

Appearance: (Artwork will arrive soon)
Dr. Robertson a skinny man and is roughly 5'6" tall. He has white, curly hair that circulate the sides of his head, with the top of his scalp being completely bald, coupled with a white mustache on his face and white eyebrows. He wears large glasses that magnefy his eyes and a red shirt over a white lab coat. He is also noted for having a big nose.

History:
Before becoming a professor, Robertson used to be a Pokemon trainer in the Sinnoh region. At age 10, he ventured across Sinnoh, using a Starly as his starter, to capture and train pokemon. Later on in his life, however, he grew disinterested in fighting, observing the findings of the great Pokemon Professor of the Kanto region, Prof. Oak, and using him as his role model. By age 20, he gave up becoming a trainer and decided to persue a career in studying the relationship between technology and Pokemon.
10 years later, when the entire nation was going through a technological Golden Age, Robertson invented the PokeScanner, along with Prof. Burglor, for Silph Co., launching a revolution in the way people manage Pokemon and live out their daily lives.
Burglor and Robertson used to be close friends. They would study and train pokemon together in their youth. However, upon release of the PokeScanner, Burglor began to accuse Robertson of profiting off of his ideas. After a quarrel between the two, Burglor left him and was never seen again. Later on, Dr. Robertson discovered that Burglor formed the criminal team of Dark Wing, and became determined to stop his plans ever since.

Pokemon:
Spr_4p_399_m.png

Bidoof
Nickname: Gerby
Gerby is the literal "guinea pig" in Dr. Robertson's base laboratory. He is not trained for battle, but solely to be used as a lab rat for Robertson's experiments. He likes being fed by his owner, but is always scared of being used in one of Robertson's experiments

Other: "Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we'll be there!"
----------------

Name: Nathaniel Burglor

Affiliation: The Dark Wing

Role: Boss of the Dark Wing

Personality: Burglor is a man driven by greed. He adores the life of luxury and rare Pokemon, with shinies being one of his best interest. Despite having a wicked appearance, he is actually quite compassionate and gentlemanly, even inviting his admins for a simple drink of wine and crackers to relax instead of discussing their mission. He can be very strict, and has limited tolerance for failures. He will constantly threaten to demote his admins back to grunts if they fail to steal items through the hands of the Star Squad.

Appearance: Burglor has a portly figure, standing at 5'4". He has thin, white hair with a balding top, complete with bushy eyebrows, sagging eyelids, and a short, thick beard that goes down to the bottom of his neck. He wears a golden monocle on his right eye and is dressed in a heavy, black gown with a set of shoulder cuffs on each. He walks with a wooden cane with a golden handle that is shaped like a Murkrow's head.

History: Burglor grew up in the same place as Robertson. The two were good friends with one another and both eventually developed an interest in studying Pokemon technologies. While he wished for their friendship to continue, by the time the two were studying in universities, Burglor was steadly growing jealous of Robertson, since his work during school years drew more attention and recognition than his work. Finally, after the two graduated, he got the chance to work with Robertson on the PokeScanner. This only made their relationship worse, however, as the two argued about the right theory to get the device to work. When Robertson finally figured out how to perfect the PokeScanner, earning recognition, Burglor furiously accused Robertson of plagiarizing his research and ideas. After a heated argument, Burglor quit his job in front of Robertson, stating that he will "make him eat his own shit."
Later, he went into isolation and used his knowlege of mechanics to create the first "Dark Wing" service robot. He reproduced this machine enough to finally bring one of his greatest dreams alive: The Dark Wing Floating Base of Operation. Now that his base and machines were establish, he hired a variety of lower-class men and women to take on the job of theivery, and the Dark Wing was officially born. He first used the team to steal the Master Scanner from Saffron's Silph company building, which proved surprisingly successful. His only challenge now is Robertson's Star Squad Police Force.

Pokemon:
Spr_4p_430.png

Honchkrow
Nickname: Godfather
While Robertson's starting pokemon as a trainer was Starly, Burglor's starter was Murkrow. Now evolved into a Honchkrow, it has stuck by Burglor's side ever since, even letting out a roar towards Robertson for offending his master. He is mostly used as Burglor's pet nowadays, but he will sometimes be sent on secretive missions to retrieve valuable objects in case Burglor's admins fail him.

-------------

Name: Twist Sugimori

Role: Star Squad Officer

Personality: Twist is an ambitious young woman who is passionate about her training. She is very outgoing and loves to talk to people, as well as being laid back. While she has some good, frienly qualities, she has a nasty temper. Especially when her Pokemon are insulted, she tends to flip. She doesn't take criticism very well, either.

Appearance:
RPTrainer_Twist.PNG
Twist is roughly 5'6" in height. Her body is physically fit and she is proud of it. She has short, spiky hair dyed pink, a large mouth and light blue eyes. She wears an orange crop top covered by a short jacket and baggy denim jeans. She is also fond of wearing gloves and carrying a bag to keep her training supplies.

History:
Twist is the niece of Dr. Robertson, which is part of the reason why she was accepted to become a Star Squad Officer, as her father, Shout, recommended her.
She was born in the Johto region, and had always had an interest in training Pokemon even before she turned 10. Once she reached the standard age, she recieved a Cindiquil as her starter and proceeded to conquer the league. Years later, she traveled to other regions to further her skills, defeating every gym leader and Elite four member present. Without a doubt, she became one of the best Pokemon trainers out there, and she knew it. She began to think that her team was unstoppable... But not for long.
One day, Twist was training with her starter, now a Quilava, outside the Sinnoh League reception gate to prepare to defeat the Elite Four of Sinnoh. Suddenly, a few Dark Crow Grunts arrived, commanding her to surrender her pokemon. Refusing, she ordered Quilava to attack the theives, and much to her surprise, one of the grunts simply fired his beam from his PokeScanner adn captured Twist's Quilava instantly. They then procceded to mug her, stealing her money and forcing her team of Pokemon to be transferred to their Scanners, all except for a Shroomish that she was still trying to train up, because they deemed it worthless. Even when someone took notice of their brutality and called for the police, the Dark Wing grunts managed to get away, leaving Twist bruised and beaten on the ground.
After this terrible event, she went through a nearly suicidal breakdown. She not only lost her best team, but the starter pokemon that she grew up with, and the only pokemon she had left were mostly untrained and stored into her PC for later use. It was then that her father, Shout, finally confronted her, asking her to give training another chance and to join his older brother's, Robertson's, new Pokemon Police force. After some thought, she finally decided to move to Ununbium City to enlist herself as an officer of the Pokemon Star Squad. She did this not only to protect civilians from the Dark Wing thieves, but also to get revenge on the criminal organization for crippling her spirit.

Pokemon:
Spr_4p_398_m.png

Staraptor
This pokemon was giving as a gift to Twist by Dr. Robertson. It originally belonged to Dr. Robertson during his years as a trainer. Ever since he gave up pokemon training, however, he had no need to use his pokemon, but at the same time felt too attached to it to release it. Eventually, when he heard that Twist was mugged of her pokemon, he decided that his staraptor would do best under his niece's training, to which Twist gladly accepted to take him. Staraptor is still getting used to Twist, but generally has some, albeit limited, trust for her.

Spr_4d_285.png

Shroomish
Nickname: Toady
Shroomish was caught during Twist's venture to Hoenn. Regardless, she never trained it that much, or felt such a great attachment to it until her main team was stolen. Without even trying, this pokemon taught Twist to value the little things she has. It is currently nearing evolution.

Spr_4p_462.png

Magnezone
While trying to train it as a Magneton amongst her team in the Sinnoh region, she found that as soon as she visited Mt. Coronet, it abruptly evolved into Magnezone due to the strange magnetic waves present in the area. From then on, it actually wasn't used that much until Twist's team was stolen. It has become a reliable partner ever since.

Any questions/suggestions you can ask me in this thread.

Current Participants:
-Godzillawolf: Jerret Wake, Empira
-Johto Trainer: Paige Korper, Drake Demonic
-Derier44: Devon Stone
-+HelpingHand-: Violet Davis
-GoldenrodGirl: L'wren
-Mouthful of Pi: Elliot Nadel
-Flamealex: Flame
-BlackWhite: Gold Silverston

Last edited:
Can I reserve a spot? I have the perfect character for such an RP but I didn't get much sleep last night and am too tired to write a detailed bio at the moment.

Sure. Do you want a specific role, or just to be a regular officer/grunt?

Well the character is normally a detective, so he'd be a bit more specialized than an officer. But if that's all he can be, that's fine.

Also, would it be ok if he was also a Gym Leader? Or would that be something seperate?

You know, having a detective would actually be a good idea, so in that case, I'll add the role to the first post, so that is okay.

Also, while I wasn't that specific on it, as a Star Squad Officer you are kind of living two lives, one as a trainer/leader and the other an officer when you are called for a mission. So your character being a Gym Leader is okay by me.

Alright, does he need to specialize in one specific type depending on the Gym? If so it'll end up being the Cinnabar Gym Leader, if not, it'll be the Viridian Gym.

No, you don't need to specialize in any type of pokemon if you don't want to.

I've updated the Role section of my post to include some extra tidbits of information about each affiliation. Hopefully I won't confuse you guys even further.

Username: Johto Trainer

Name: Paige Korper

Role: Star Squad Officer

Personality: Paige is a very cheerful girl, but she is also tom-boyish. She can be very competitive when it comes to battling (Her main hobby), but she always tries to be very kind to others. She also thinks she tough, and isn't intimidated by any person, which makes her a great officer. She does get a bit worried when situations seem bad, and does tend to get angry when she loses something, and she brags to herself (She tries her best not to brag in front of others, but it happens sometimes) when she wins something, or accomplishes something. She isn't very timid, but isn't always brave, depending on the situation. She also does get pretty mad if someone makes fun of her for any reasons. But, she can be very caring, and she shows that clearly when training her pokemon. When nobody is around her, she sometimes talks to her pokemon, or to herself. She doesn't like it when it's quiet.

Appearance: Paige is about 5 feet, and 7 inches tall. She weighs about 110 pounds. Her hair is a bright red color with purple highlights in it, and it reaches about 3-4 inches below her shoulders. Her eyes are a dark brown color. Her skin is a light white color. She also has a bit of strength compared to other girls from her hometown.Paige wears her hair down, and it gets a bit wavy at the bottom. She wears a bright yellow t-shirt with a white pokeball symbol in the middle. She wears shorts that come up about 2 inches above her knees. She wears white and purple sneakers, and bright purple socks that don't come up past her ankles. She also ties a purple hoodie around her waist, just in case it gets cold.

History: Paige was born in Blackthorn City, Johto, during the month of September. Her parents were great friends with the Blackthorn Gym Leader , mostly because her father worked at the gym as the referee for challenges. She really wanted to follow in her parents foot steps, but her real role model was the Gym Leader, and Paige set a goal to become the new Blackthorn Gym Leader when the current one resigned. She got her first pokemon, Shelly, a horsea at this time, from the Gym Leader. Shelly and Paige would train for many hours each and every day, until Paige became 10.

After she became 10 years old, Paige set out for her journey in Johto. She managed to defeat all 8 Johto gym leaders. She then challenged the Elite 4, but lost to the champion. After she lost, she returned to Blackthorn, where she was thrown a party for her stupendous accomplishment. By this time, she was 16. and the Gym Leader of Blackthorn was getting old, and had resigned. In honor of her accomplishment, the City Mayor declared her the new Gym Leader. Paige was very happy. Within 2 years, the outbreak of the stolen Master Scanner and the Dark Wing had begun, and Paige was selected as an officer. Now, her goal is to stop Dark Wing. She repeats the Star Squad Motto, "Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we'll be there!", in her head when things are bad, so she could remind herself to stay strong.

Pokemon: Paige's pokemon:

Kingdra/ Shelly [Female]
{Dragon Dance; Draco Meteor; Outrage; Waterfall}

Shelly was Paige's first pokemon, and she is very attatched to Paige. Shelly is a smart battler, and very laid back and calm.

Metagross/ Soul [N/A]
{Meteor Mash; Bullet Punch; Earthquake; Explosion}

Soul was Paige's fourth pokemon. It (Lol) was found in Union Cave, and Paige noticed it's unusual coloring (Yep, it's shiny; but her only shiny), and being a Dragon trainer, she was hesitant to capture it, but eventually decided to. Sould has become a powerhouse on Paige's team, and she loves it. Soul is also much like Shelly, being laid back and calm.

Flygon/ Chi [Female]
{U-turn; Outrage; Earthquake; Stone Edge}

Paige found Chi, along with Ozone (Her Salamence) both along the route south of Blackthorn, while she was on her way to New Bark Town. Chi and Ozone were both together, playfully battling. Paige saw that they were natural battlers, and decided to capture them. She successfully caught Chi, but Ozone escaped, as he was afraid. Paige was disapointed, but luckily, Ozone wanted to be with Chi, so he followed Paige to New Bark town, and was happily captured. Chi is very playful, but also slightly competitive. She loves having fun, and is dubbed the team's "cheer-leader".

Salamence/ Ozone [Male]
{Outrage; Aqua Tail; Earthquake; Flamethrower}

Ozone was found along with Chi, as described above. He is very competitive and his temper blows easily. But, he is a major addition to Paige's team.

Dragonite/ Midnite [Female]
{Dragon dance; Earthquake; Outrage; Roost}

Midnite was Paige's second pokemon, found on the same route that Chi and Ozone were found on, just earlier before she found those two. Midnite is very powerful, but she isn't very competitive. She is also the "mother" of the team, because she is very caring of her teammates.

Gyarados/ Hydro [Male]
{Dragon Dance; Stone Edge; Bounce; Waterfall}

Hydro was captured as a Gyarados at the Lake of Rage (Nope, not shiny). Paige was calmly fishing at the time and was not expecting a Gyarados to appear, but she saw his anger and aggression, and knew it would be powerful. Paige can't really tell whether Hydro is happy or not, because the expression on his face doesn't really change. She can only truely tell when using telepathy. But she does know when he is angry, and loses his temper often.

Note: Since half of Paige's pokemon can fly, she is an excellent choice for hunting down enemies who have escaped.

Other: Congrats on finally posting your first RP! I know it will be a success ^.^

But I have a question: In the rules, it says we can't have characters with different roles, but since Star Squad Officers are unlimited, may I please reserve the Top Admin for the Dark Wing? I can't post now, gotta go to bed >.>

Last edited:
Paige is accepted.
But I have a question: if she returned to her hometown at 16, then joined the Star Squad within 2 years later, wouldn't that make her 18/17 years of age and not 15? lol.
Also, you don't need to list your moveset for your pokemon, there is no limitation. :p

And that's pretty much what I meant to say in my rules. You can choose an important role, but other sign-ups should be for the generic roles. You are reserved.

Ok, I actually finished my guy's bio, but I wasn't sure if sprites were needed or optional. Anyway, here we go!

Username: Godzillawolf

Name: Jarret Wake

Role: Star Squad Detective

Personality: Jarret comes off as cold at times, but he’s a good person if you get to know him well enough. He’s cunning and assembles clues in both in crimes and in his battles, which he does both well. Being a Gym Leader, he’s an adapt battler and takes excellent care of his Pokemon, treating them with respect and kindness. As a police officer, he's trained in hand to hand combat. However, his cold outer image sometimes makes befriending people difficult, but once one gets past that, he’s an excellent friend. He also has a habit of referring to people with Japanese honorifics, such as san, sama, kun, ect. (Ein-sama, ect.)

Appearance:
0.jpg

He’s an averaged sized man, about 5’4. He’s very muscular, expected for someone in law enforcement. His hair is a reddish-brown color and he’s Japanese in appearance, his eyes hazel colored and his mouth rather small. He wears a black shirt with a red leather jacket over top of it. His jacket has a police symbol on the back of it, which he takes great pride in, though he has a second black one without the symbol for undercover work. His pants are also red leather, though likewise he has black ones to go with his undercover work. He’s presently determined to find away around the Dark Wing’s Scanners, which he considers cowardly. He’s gotten at least some measure of success with Wildfire in this endeavor.

History: Jarret is the adopted son of the Sinnoh Gym Leader Crasher Wake. He was adopted after his parents mysterious murders by an unknown person, which he believes hides among the Dark Wing ranks. He went to police school and eventually obtained the rank of detective. He eventually became the Viridian City Gym Leader, after the last one’s retirement. When Dark Wing got their hands on the Master Scanner and duplicated it, he developed a training style for his Pokemon to find a way around it. This wasa a simple matter in his mind, train them to never listen to a Dark Wing member, and to target their captor’s Scanner the first chance they get. This was eventually tested when a Dark Wing grunt stormed his Gym and attempted to capture Wildfire. While the beam succeeded in stealing him away, Wildfire showed an unusual ability, he released himself and crushed the grunt’s Scanner in his jaws before allowing Jarret to recapture him. While Wildfire was successful in learning this trick on his own, he doesn’t know if his other Pokemon could do the same trick as of yet and he‘s not sure if he could teach it to other trainers, as its something Wildfire taught himself to do. However, he’s certain they would not be loyal to those who may steal them and. When the Star Squad was formed, this and his capabilities as a detective made him an obvious choice.

Pokemon: All his Pokemon are trained that, if stolen from him, to destroy their captor’s scanner the first chance they get.

Charzard
Nickname: Wildfire.
His starter that his father had imported for him from Kanto. He’s his most trusted and loyal Pokemon, as well as his strongest. Eager to please his master‘s goal of protecting his Pokemon, he’s learned how to slip through the containment function of Scanners and let himself out at will, even Dark Scanners. This ether allows him to destroy said Scanner to free himself or make himself more trouble than he’s worth.

Skuntank
Nickname: Rose
Captured as a Skuntank by Jarret, she’s motherly and kind, as well as a Shiny Pokemon. She’s normally used to ‘mark’ running criminals so they can be tracked, by spraying them with her stench.

Mightyena
Nickname: Rex
Captured as a Poochyena, Rex is extremely loyal to Jarret and is normally a police dog. When on the job, he acts like an attack dog, but otherwise, he’s more like a puppy dog, playful and willing to please.

Arcanine
Nickname: Nova
When he joined the police force, he was given a Growlithe like all the others, Nova was that Growlithe. Like Rose, she’s loving and motherly, but she’s also extremely loyal to Jarret and her mate, Rex.

Ninjask:
Nickname: Strike
Captured as a Nincada, Strike is normally used to dig pitfalls for running criminals. He’s energetic and has a habit of perching on people’s heads.

Floatzel
Nickname: Nami
The daughter of Crasher Wake’s Floatzel, she was a gift for his graduation from the police academy. She’s playful and happy almost constantly.

Other: “Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we’ll be there!”

EDIT: Please note, I couldn't figure out when 20XX is, like how far into the future, so if that's too far for Jarret to be Crasher Wake's son, I'll make him his descendent instead. I just assumed it was like 2020 since XX is the roman numeral for such. If this is wrong, I'll fix it.

Last edited:
Username: Derier44

Name: Devon Stone

Role: Officer

Personality: Devon is very out going and loves to talk though he controls himself well. One thing Devon is known for is being a huge flirt to girls. On missions Devon is very serious and hates more then anything else for someone to make fun of him. He loves to battle and beat grunts from the other side. If someone makes Devon angry they better watch themself.

Appearance: Devon is 5"9 and is 178.4 lb's. He has a leen muscular body with a great tan to go with it. He has buzzed hair, green eyes, and always is wearing his uniform unless he is out with his dad Steven Stone or just shopping. His work uniform consists of a red and blue vest with a black shirt underneath. He wears black pants with whit stripes going down the side. When he's out of uniform he wears a black sweatshirt with his grandfather's company symbol with jeans.

History: Devon is from Hoenn and is the son of Steven Stone. His mother was killed in a fire created by Grunts when they tried to steal Steven Stones pokemon. Steven tried to follow them but lost them when they got to their base. Steven gave Devon his first pokemon at age 5. He then went on his own journey in Hoenn and got all 8 of his badges and beat all of the Elite Four but when he got to his father he lost. Having being crushed and embarressed (everyone said that he was going to beat his father) he went to Kanto and went all the way to the Champion again but he lost and gave up on being a Master and decided to join the Star Squad.

Pokemon: Walrein(1)
Walrein was his first pokemon but at the time it was a Spheal. This pokemon is his strongest and since it's his first, favorite.
[Sheer Cold, Blizzard, Mimic, Hydro Pump]

Ditto(5)
Ditto was caught on Cinibar island while he was exploring an old labratory. Ditto gives a great advantage because it can also change it's size.
[Transform]

Porygon(3)
This one was a gift from his dad for doing so well in training. He had told him that Porygon were rare but he never had guessed how rare it actually was.
[Tri-Attack, Flash Cannon, Recover, Secret Power]

Egg(6)
He got this egg from a mysterious man while he was on his way to the HQ for the first time.

Polytoad(4)
He got the Kings Rock from the champion at the Indigo Platu and his Polywhirl just decided to evolve when they were walking back.
[Dynamic Punch, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rock Slide]

Happiny(2)
Devon saw a trainer training with this Happiny one day. The trainer wanted it to evolve but Happiny need love not training so the trainer abadoned it. Devon happily captured the Happiny and the Happiny only likes him.
[Metronome, Sweet Kiss, Substitute, Heal Bell]

"Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we'll be there!"

Last edited:
Godzillawolf is accepted. As for your question, I kind of wanted to avoid giving a specific year to avoid inaccuracy, but generally, it's a future where most of the trainers and Gym Leaders of the games and anime are either dead, in adult age, or retired. People like Whitney or Gary would be in retirement, while others like Pyrce or Prof. Oak would have passed away. So beyond 2020 would be safe.

Derier, I'd like for you to be a little more specific as to what your character wears, but other than that your app is fine. Accepted.

Thanks! Also, another thing with him I forgot to mention is he's extremely protective of his Pokemon, in other words, before they need to use that special training, he'll threaten the grunt to ether not attempt it, or hold him at gun point to release the Pokemon if they manage to. Is that too violant?

Eh, I'm a little worried about guns. Not really because they are "violent" but because they can be kind of overpowered. The fact that your character is good with hand-to-hand combat sounds like enough.

Yeah, he can probably force them to do that through physical intimidation anyway, thanks though.

Ok, thanks. I'll post my app. tonight because right now I'm super tired and need a nap (Just got back from a Movie, Karate Kid!) xD

Edit: Here's my app:

Username: Johto Trainer

Name: Drake Demonic

Affiliation: Dark Wing

Role: Top Admin

Personality: Drake is very cold hearted, and mean. He isn't nice to anyone but Mr. Burglor, or the other admins. He's almost always grouchy and crabby, but when Dark Wing succeeds in one of their missions, he's always happy for a few days. He is very loyal to Mr. Burglor, and no one else. He has no care for anyone but him self. He would only feel pain if Mr. Burglor passed away, because he wouldn't have any one else to trust, or to talk to, and he wouldn't feel important anymore without Dark Wing.

Appearance: Drake is about 5' 11, and weighs about 190 pounds. He has short, black hair. His eyes are a very dark brown, so they look almost completely black. His skin is very a very pale white. He's a bit muscular, which is sometimes helpful to the Dark Wing. He wears a black leather jacket, and blue jeans with a rip on the left knee. He wears a black muscle shirt under his jakcet, and has black fingerless gloves. His shoes are also black. He has a mustache that goes around his mouth, and under, making a complete thick circle of hair around it (I don't know what's it called xD).

History: Drake was born in Azalea Town, Kanto. He had a pretty sad life, with his parents passing away when he was 5. When this happened, he cried for days, and finally decided to run away from his orphan home. He ran away into the Ilex Forest. While there, Drake found a group of Shiftry, Nuzleaf, and Seedot, and was raised by them. He learned many things from these pokemon, like how to hunt, and physical combat. When he tunred 10, he left this group, and he wanted to take the gym leader challenge. His first pokemon was a seedot, which eventually evolved fully.

He managed to defeat all 8 gym leaders, but lost to the first member of the Elite 4. He was very mad, and gave up on his life, thinking there was nothing important he could do with it. He lived as a alone for many years, until he heard of the formation of Dark Wing. He decided it was all he could do with his life, and he joined the Dark Wing, becoming Top Admin.

Pokemon: Drake's team (He does not nickname his pokemon; he thinks it's stupid):

Shitry (Male)

Shiftry was his first pokemon. It's very laid back, and quiet. It's an excellent spy, because of it's speed and ninja-like movement.

Tyranitar (Male)

Tyranitar is his powerhouse. It's very aggressive in battle, and super powerful. It has a bad temper, however.

Houndoom (Male)

Houndoom is very much like Drake. He is very rude, and careless, but is, however, powerful in battle.

Weavile (Female)

Weavile is very laid back, and calm, like Shiftry. It can also hold it's own in battle, but is mostly sent on spy missions with Shiftry, since their movements are perfect for spying.

Last edited:
Thanks! Oh, and Btw, my username doesn't have a _ in it, it's just Johto Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom