• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope actually not to see a Pokemon game this year. It gives them more time to work on the first installment for the Switch.

If you think they would Switch consoles midgen you either have more faith in gamefreak than I do because you think they can figure out local trade and battling between the 3ds and the Switch.

Or you have less faith because you think they would release games within the same gen that can't communicate with each other even though the ability to battle and trade locally is why the series is on handheld.

Seriously this company didn't give you backwards gen transfer since gen 2. It didn't give you item transfer since gen 4. It said they had difficulty getting the ds and the 3ds to play nice with each other when they are way closer to each other than 3ds and the Switch.
You expect them to make a cross platform pokemon generation?

And what reason what rational have I seen. Because Nintendo is too impatient they can't wait a year. They have all their devs under one roof but they can't wait one freaking year for a pokemon game? And this impatience is a good enough reason that Game Freak is willing to comply with this despite years of late adoption and history of programming troubles.

Last edited:
This is looking more and more like Stars is either fake or at the very least not on the Switch. With Marshadow being released this year, we have all of the 7th gen mythicals now and we're due for more next year. This most likely means next year is 8th gen on the Switch. And if that's the case, then a mid gen hardware transition makes even less sense. Stars on the Switch would have a little more credence if they intended for 7th gen to be a 3 or 4 year gen and they couldn't keep in on the 3DS that long, but that's looking not to be the case. Having your transition smack dab in the middle of a 2 year generation and in between two games which are much better suitable for a hardware transition is a groundbreakingly foolish business decision.

Literally the only other possibility is if Stars is a Gen 7.5 game in 2018, but the fact that they made a full on 7th gen game instead of Gen 6.5 in 2016 implies that Game Freak doesn't seem to want to do a .5 Gen game. So ultimately, Eurogamer is probably wrong about at least some part of this rumor if not the entire thing. There's a lot about Stars that just isn't adding up at this point.

Switch or not, a new game is definitely coming. I think the bigger question is if they will add new Pokemon or not mid gen going by that eurogamer rumor, as this definitely a new situation we are in. 3rd Legendary revealed a month after release, both movie event Pokemon in the same movie, a huge retelling of the Anime' story, I am starting to wonder if maybe the 2017 game will be the game waited for in 2016. Like a huge story game that encompasses all the regions, fallers, alternate universes etc.

Everyone's so confident we're getting a new game, I still think they could wait a year 2018 is not that far off and it gives them more development time.

Also not exclusive to stars discussion, I am having HUGE Movie 12 vibes with the February trailer having Johto starters popping up outta nowhere and then 2 months later, HGSS were revealed. Right now more then anything, this movie is the most unpredictable move since forever, as the first movie of each gen is typically a meandering 90 minute game advertisment that uses the first event Pokemon and little else. Even Gen 6 with the direction it went in after 2014 did this. Here though, its not really clear if its advertising 1 thing or 10. You got:
-Support characters being either
A) An Alola Rival that promotes gen 7
B) Two new companions promoting gen 4, which suggests remakes.
-A huge focus on Kanto and Ho-Oh, as well as Marshadow. The atypical bit in this is that Ho-Oh is an anime only thing compared to other first in the gen movies, which always utilizes contempary legendaries that have active game roles, but then you also have Marshadow which should have an expanded event in the next games.

Its a lot more gen 7 then Gen 4 being promoted, and it might be a milestone thing more then anything, Year 1-Year 10-Year 20, but even then its a predictable move in a really unpredictable movie as of now.

It's necessary to push Stars back till early 2018 to have a better test run for "Stars". So far people who already bought switch, already have some problems with it, so it make since if they push it back till 2018. "Stars "can be a third game to Sun and Moon, it'll be like Emerald and Platinum with a different, focus on Necrozma and Marshadow. For DP remake, Instead of a DP remake, a DP sequel would be better, It'll take 10 years from the original DP and Platinum, it might be better on Switch, So I think Sun and Moon is the final game to 3DS, because it's better on Switch than 3ds. So they probably decide to move over to Switch.

Pokemon Stars and DP Sequel Prediction
New Megas (Stars and DP Sequel)
New Z-Moves
New Alolan Forms
Gyms and Trials (For Stars)
Sinnoh Forms (DP Remake)
PokeRide (For DP remake, to replace HMs)
Vs. Seekers
Trvael back to Kalos, they could expand on SM and XY's storylines

It's necessary to push Stars back till early 2018 to have a better test run for "Stars". So far people who already bought switch, already have some problems with it, so it make since if they push it back till 2018. "Stars "can be a third game to Sun and Moon, it'll be like Emerald and Platinum with a different, focus on Necrozma and Marshadow. For DP remake, Instead of a DP remake, a DP sequel would be better, It'll take 10 years from the original DP and Platinum, it might be better on Switch, So I think Sun and Moon is the final game to 3DS, because it's better on Switch than 3ds. So they probably decide to move over to Switch.

Pokemon Stars and DP Sequel Prediction
New Megas (Stars and DP Sequel)
New Z-Moves
New Alolan Forms
Gyms and Trials (For Stars)
Sinnoh Forms (DP Remake)
PokeRide (For DP remake, to replace HMs)
Vs. Seekers
Trvael back to Kalos, they could expand on SM and XY's storylines

What you have to keep in mind is that Game Freak has to plan their release schedule several years in advance because of how long it takes to develop games. SM seems to have been in development since 2013 to put things in perspective, so whatever they have planned for this year was probably decided by the time ORAS was completed. They wouldn't have just suddenly decided to have two years' worth of mythicals and ended up pushing them into 2018, they would've decided that several years ago. Even if Stars does get delayed that wouldn't have been the game they release new Pokemon in in 2018.

They're not going to do DP sequels, they're gonna do remakes, they even said they'd love to continue doing remakes of old games if that's what the players want. Additionally, we have no Megaverse equivalent of the Johto, Sinnoh, or Unova games (we can count Origins as the Kanto adaptation for this purpose), which means we will need those as well.

What you have to keep in mind is that Game Freak has to plan their release schedule several years in advance because of how long it takes to develop games. SM seems to have been in development since 2013 to put things in perspective, so whatever they have planned for this year was probably decided by the time ORAS was completed. They wouldn't have just suddenly decided to have two years' worth of mythicals and ended up pushing them into 2018, they would've decided that several years ago. Even if Stars does get delayed that wouldn't have been the game they release new Pokemon in in 2018.

And by all evidence, it's likely no developer found out about the Switch until 2015. Every single game for it has been a port of some sort.

They're not going to do DP sequels, they're gonna do remakes, they even said they'd love to continue doing remakes of old games if that's what the players want. Additionally, we have no Megaverse equivalent of the Johto, Sinnoh, or Unova games (we can count Origins as the Kanto adaptation for this purpose), which means we will need those as well.

Megaverse equivalent?

Also, the DPPt era is when we first started to visit other dimensions. It pretty much laid the groundwork for Sun and Moon.

Megaverse equivalent?

Also, the DPPt era is when we first started to visit other dimensions. It pretty much laid the groundwork for Sun and Moon.

Sigh...

L3iqaT9.png

If it weren't for this image's massive size, I'd just put it in my sig because of how often I have to refer to it, anyways.

As you can see, Hoenn is represented in both the Advancedverse (that's what I call what this image calls the Connectivity Dimension) and the Megaverse. Zinnia even mentions RSE Hoenn through dialogue during the Delta Episode in ORAS, further supporting this image and what it's trying to portray, what I'm saying is that Sinnoh, Johto, and Unova's timeline of events are not represented in the Megaverse through some sort of game adaptation yet, which they'll probably do eventually, just as they did with Hoenn. Many accept that Origins portrays the Megaverse equivalent of the Kanto story seen in FRLG and RBY.

And although that's true, ORAS is what introduced the multiverse theory to the Pokemon franchise, SM confirms it with Anabel being transported through an Ultra Wormhole from Emerald to SM.

Sigh...

L3iqaT9.png

If it weren't for this image's massive size, I'd just put it in my sig because of how often I have to refer to it, anyways.

As you can see, Hoenn is represented in both the Advancedverse (that's what I call what this image calls the Connectivity Dimension) and the Megaverse. Zinnia even mentions RSE Hoenn through dialogue during the Delta Episode in ORAS, further supporting this image and what it's trying to portray, what I'm saying is that Sinnoh, Johto, and Unova's timeline of events are not represented in the Megaverse through some sort of game adaptation yet, which they'll probably do eventually, just as they did with Hoenn. Many accept that Origins portrays the Megaverse equivalent of the Kanto story seen in FRLG and RBY.

And although that's true, ORAS is what introduced the multiverse theory to the Pokemon franchise, SM confirms it with Anabel being transported through an Ultra Wormhole from Emerald to SM.

I don't think Origins is enough, because it has the original Pokédex. No one saw a Golbat evolve? A new Kanto game should include gross-generational evolutions.

And by all evidence, it's likely no developer found out about the Switch until 2015. Every single game for it has been a port of some sort.

That's just it though, what they're planning now has to have been decided before 2015. So they wouldn't have scheduled to release more Pokemon in 2018 through a delayed game that was originally intended to be a 2017 game, the 2018 game has to be the game after.

Sigh...

L3iqaT9.png

Eh. I would say that DPPt is part of the Megaverse because, from DPPt on, you have a cohesive timeline with each non-remake referencing events in the prior (with DPPt being the start of the timeline). You have to remember that, in X and Y, Infinity Energy is a recent discovery for much of the world, while in ORAS it's been around long enough to have been utilized in technology for years.

So, I would say that entire infographic is useful only from an external look at the evolving storyline of the Pokemon series. In part because it fails to grasp the basic difference between "recent discovery" and "existed for years."

I could also go on about how that graph is confusing timelines, dimensions, and periods of history.

You forgot that, they are planning on putting "Stars" on Switch, plus the company decided to hiring people who has experience skills with PSVita and Wii U also they are hiring Motion Designer and Character Designer too, it takes time to develop game on a new system, especially poepl

Huh the movie suddenly deciding to shill piplup and lucario makes me think DP remakes are in the works next. Hopefully on the switch.

though I swear to Arceus they better not make that girl the new MC.

Easily worst female MC design tied with Iris.

You forgot that, they are planning on putting "Stars" on Switch, plus the company decided to hiring people who has experience skills with PSVita and Wii U also they are hiring Motion Designer and Character Designer too, it takes time to develop game on a new system, especially poepl

Maybe this is for Gen VIII?

This is a circular argument. You're trying to justify Stars' existence by saying they're planning on releasing Stars, when we don't know that for a fact yet.

Back
Top Bottom