1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by RileyXY1, Nov 19, 2016.

Voter count: 102
?

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Real

61 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. Fake

41 vote(s)
    40.2%
  1. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    Even if you couldn't cross-trade with the 3DS, I don't see what the problem is? When a Pokémon game comes out, the point is to trade and battle with people who have the same game on the same console. It would only be a problem if Stars released on both the 3DS and the Switch which I very much doubt. As for transferring your own Pokémon, Bank is a thing and I don't see how it couldn't easily be implemented on the Switch.

However, as the people above me said, I doubt you wouldn't be able to connect with the 3DS, iirc the Wii could connect with the DS and the Wii U can with the 3DS, so it would be weird for a more advanced console to not be able to do something like that. Especially since Nintendo said the 3DS is to coexist next to the Switch.

2. lavandula

lavandula Registered User

Blog Posts:
    During the times when the Game Boy could communicate with the N64, I don't see why trading is impossible for 3DS to Switch.

I personally hypothesize that Pokemon Stars could be something like Pokemon Stadium/ Pokemon Battle Revolution, etc.
    In which, you can trade with it.

3. Mega/Ultra Evolution 46

Mega/Ultra Evolution 46 Mega Pokemon Trainer

Blog Posts:
    I would be impossible to trade, because they're different handheld, if you have two same game consoles, it would be possible. I really hope there's a way to trade between 3ds and switch beside using bank, plus you have to link trade in order to make them evolve, using bank to make pokemon evolve doesn't work.

4. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    Did you miss all we said before? The N64 could communicate with the Gameboy, the Wii could communicate with the DS, the Wii U can communicate with the 3DS. And the DS can communicate with the 3DS too. Being different handhelds says nothing about their ability to communicate.

5. Mega/Ultra Evolution 46

Blog Posts:
    Sorry I didn't get it at first, When you explained I do get it now :)

Soki likes this.
  6. Sir Cookie

Sir Cookie A boy from Onett

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking that certain Pokemon in Sun and Moon would be left out in Stars, just as done in previous Generations (like Gen III). That way, it can encourage the player to find people with different copies of the game and trade with them. However, the 3DS and Switch communication may be a problem (haven't read all comments on this, maybe I should?) so that would create no complete Dex. This is why I think Pokemon Switch would be for Gen VIII onwards.

7. Akira Bond

Akira Bond Stop saving the world and get a hobby.

Blog Posts:
    As others have stated, there will most likely be no issues with Nintendo 3DS connecting to Nintendo Switch. Apparently, people have taken the meaning 'Nintendo Switch cannot play 3DS games' and decided it means 'The two consoles cannot connect at all.' Also to clarify what others have said, I'm not sure where people got the idea that Nintendo Switch consoles cannot connect locally, when that is literally one of the major points of the console: Playing with your friends, anywhere.

Also, Pokémon Bank (along with transporter) was specifically designed to work on multi platforms. That was the entire point of GameFreak creating it to begin with, making our lives easier for storing and transferring Pokémon now as well as in the future. GameFreak most certainly did not JUST have the 3DS in mind when creating Pokémon Bank, they had the future in mind.

8. Dr. Turtwig MT

Blog Posts:
    I'm not really seeing how trading will be a problem. Don't forget the 3ds was able to be used as a freaking controller for the Wii U. If they have the software to do that then they definitely have the software to allow cross trading between the Switch and the 3DS. Also something else to notice is that they are going to be phasing out the 3DS in the coming year, one should notice that a lot of series that would have been on just the 3DS are going to the Switch.

If anything I get the feeling that Stars will be a pair of cross platform sequel with one version on the Switch and another version on the 3DS, because truthfully trading isn't going to be a problem, after all trading now uses wi-fi, as long as they have the friend code and there is an update that allows the 3DS to recognize Switch friend codes it wouldn't be that hard to trade between them, especially since they still use the same technology to trade. Don't forget you could still trade between a gameboy color and a gameboy advance, the only reason that you couldn't trade to Ruby and Sapphire was more because of the games themselves and not the systems.

9. Mega/Ultra Evolution 46

Blog Posts:
    What do you want in Pokemon Stars (choose two if neccessary)
    A. New Exclusive Z-moves
    B. New Alolan Formes
    C. New Mega Evolution
    D.All of the Above

10. Lufenian

Lufenian we could be giants

Blog Posts:
    Ideally, I'd like to see all three to different degrees.

I do feel we won't get any new mega evos, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

11. Sir Cookie

Sir Cookie A boy from Onett

Blog Posts:
    new exclusive z moves

12. SpiritWater

SpiritWater Flowing...

Blog Posts:
    It all depends on which Generation Sinnoh remakes fall in. If VII, then A and B. But if VIII, then only B. I don't see C as an option at all.

13. Lyrebird

Lyrebird Goddess

Blog Posts:
    None.

14. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    B and C. Megas for life!

15. Morningstar

Morningstar Memeber

Blog Posts:
  16. IncineROAR

IncineROAR Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I kind of just want to move to the next generation already.

17. Mega/Ultra Evolution 46

Blog Posts:
    it's too soon to move to gen 8, maybe gen 8 will be in 2019
    here some game prediction for gen 7
    pokemon "stars" - 2017
    gen 4 remake - 2018
    mystery dungeon - 2018
    gen 8 - 2019

18. IncineROAR

IncineROAR Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    If we don't get a game announcement within the next few months, I'm willing to bet we'll be moving along to Gen 8 very soon, probably late next year :)

19. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    The Sun/Moon director recently stated that the number of Pokémon has "grown too high" with regard to completing the Pokédex, so I very much doubt they're going to introduce a bunch more anytime soon tbh :p

20. Morningstar

Morningstar Memeber

Blog Posts:
    There are some problems with that.

The big one is that over half the pokedex are locked behind Bank and Gen 6, including legendaries. GF has usually mad sure all those pokemon were available within the generation (the one exception being Gen 5, where Unown, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu and past games box mascots are directly unavailable) So while I think it is possible, I don't think its likely.