• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marshadow getting a "Z form" is doubtful. Marshadow is first and foremost getting released for SM. I suspect it will also get released for whatever the next game is. In both events it'll likely come with it's Z crystal. It will update be ridiculous to believe that the Z crystal would have different effects depending on which game it's in. That would mean that people with only SM would be missing out on something they should rightfully have access to. The fact is that people have hacked Marshadow in the games and have used the Z move. In this case all the crystal does is activate the z move. Nothing more nothing less

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/861221663576215552/photo/1

i think this is the only one worth noting about because we already know about the others (seriously? necrozma?)

gonna play devil's advocate and say that was drawn for fun/showing constellations in the night sky because of sun and moon's spatial theme.

i seriously don't think marshadow is going to be a huge player in the confirmation of pokemon stars you guys.

These tweets say nothing we haven't discussed yet, so what exactly is your point by posting them?
My point is they're hints toward whatever the next game, the movie is a kanto retelling story of Kanto. The movie does promote whatever the next game like how Giratina and Sky Warrior promote Pokemon Platinum for example. We still don't know what the game will be. If you follow the these tweet from twitter, they are hinting on the next game.

They only could be hints though, they aren't really.

- Marshadow's 'shocking' info could easily be that it has a Z-Move. CoroCoro likes to hype up things that aren't really worth hyping up all the time :p
- The "Looking upon the Stars" merch could just be a coincedence, especially since according to the rumor, "Stars" is a codename and not the actual name of the game. It would also be weird to promote this merch before actually announcing the game, so I do think it's just a coincedence.
- Marshadow is in the movie and it gets a pretty color when attacking. What does that have to do with a new game at all? Mythicals being in movies is nothing new, Diancie was in a movie and it didn't hint at a new Kalos game. It just became available in the games that were already out and that was it.
- Ho-oh and Necrozma getting a booster pack doesn't have to do anything with the games at all either, IIRC someone once mentioned that random Pokémon from other gens got paired booster packs before without it hinting at any future game.

Yes, the movies promote the games, though usually after the game is already announced. Don't think any of the movies promoted a game before the game was even announced, though correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, the movies promote the games, though usually after the game is already announced. Don't think any of the movies promoted a game before the game was even announced, though correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with all that you said, but I do remember the Johto starters in the Arceus Movie being taken as a big hint towards GS remakes.

I agree with all that you said, but I do remember the Johto starters in the Arceus Movie being taken as a big hint towards GS remakes.

Well, those starters didn't have any good reason to be there, so then I would indeed believe it to be a hint. Like I do believe that Piplup and Lucario being so prominent in the movie could hint towards DPPt remakes. However, Marshadow is just this game's mythical, so it being promoted in the movie isn't weird at all. It doesn't really matter that the movie takes place in Kanto, that's just because it's a celebration of the anniversary. Incineroar, Piplup and Lucario are in it too despite that, so yeah. OR the next game includes both Kanto and Alola as a region but I seriously doubt that :p

The movie's about the first anime season cause it's an anniversary and there's Alola mons in it cause they're relevant at the moment. The only ones that stick out are Piplup and Lucario, they just really have no good reason to be there so I believe they're the only ones that could be considered a potential hint. However, I think it's a bit too early for DPPt remakes myself, so I dunno.

Well, those starters didn't have any good reason to be there, so then I would indeed believe it to be a hint. Like I do believe that Piplup and Lucario being so prominent in the movie could hint towards DPPt remakes. However, Marshadow is just this game's mythical, so it being promoted in the movie isn't weird at all. It doesn't really matter that the movie takes place in Kanto, that's just because it's a celebration of the anniversary. Incineroar, Piplup and Lucario are in it too despite that, so yeah. OR the next game includes both Kanto and Alola as a region but I seriously doubt that :p

The movie's about the first anime season cause it's an anniversary and there's Alola mons in it cause they're relevant at the moment. The only ones that stick out are Piplup and Lucario, they just really have no good reason to be there so I believe they're the only ones that could be considered a potential hint. However, I think it's a bit too early for DPPt remakes myself, so I dunno.
If the next movie promote the alola region and maybe Solgaleo, Lunaala, And Necrozma with new forms then they might promote sequels to Sun/Moon. But they're not in the movie "I Choose You", so Alola sequel would be out of the question (for now). Like you said @Soki it could go either way a Kanto/Johto Sequel or Diamond/Pearl remake, Tbh, I don't care what pokemon games it is, I really want them to announce something regarding to pokemon game

Last edited:
Watch GF troll us all and announce Pokemon Prism, a third version pairing for Sun/Moon with Necrozma as the mascot character :p

I am kidding. Just all this hype that's been generated, I almost feel like whatever the product is will be something less than what we may be expecting.

You guys are too hyped. You'll be disappointed when you find out that this year will be a break year. :)

You guys are too hyped. You'll be disappointed when you find out that this year will be a break year. :)
We are definitely getting something for pokemon this year, I doubt it's a break year, If it was a break year, then why they deleted Sun/Moon and XY announcements trailer from youtube. @RileyXY1 just because we have gotten any announcement so far, doesn't mean we assumed that it's break year. Just be patient. something will happen this month or next month.

Eh, it might or it might not. What exactly does deleting those trailers off youtube even prove? I wouldnt be surprised if we get a break year, Im sort of fine with that actually. All I care about is Pokemon eventually being on the Switch and what that will be like. Im not really assuming anything though.

I highly doubt that we'll have an announcement at E3. All opportunities to reveal a game have already passed, in my opinion.

I highly doubt that we'll have an announcement at E3. All opportunities to reveal a game have already passed, in my opinion.
Just because they never done, doesn't mean it won't happen at all, time have change, it won't be the same like it was before. Why are you still assuming that we aren't getting anything this year, we still a month left if not they'll announce it at E3. Just don't jump to conclusion just yet. If we're getting something, we're getting something. If we're not, it's beak year.
Eh, it might or it might not. What exactly does deleting those trailers off youtube even prove? I wouldnt be surprised if we get a break year, Im sort of fine with that actually. All I care about is Pokemon eventually being on the Switch and what that will be like. Im not really assuming anything though.
Deleting the previous pokemon announcement does mean something, if it was a spin-off they would haven't deleted them.

We are definitely getting something for pokemon this year, I doubt it's a break year, If it was a break year, then why they deleted Sun/Moon and XY announcements trailer from youtube. @RileyXY1 just because we have gotten any announcement so far, doesn't mean we assumed that it's break year. Just be patient. something will happen this month or next month.
I'm a bit too late, but isn't the UK trailer for Sun/Moon still up? I'm a bit too lazy to check, too. Also, could it just be a stupid YouTube mistake that the videos have been removed, just like the videos that the WTFU campaign was fighting for and stuff?

Just because they never done, doesn't mean it won't happen at all, time have change, it won't be the same like it was before. Why are you still assuming that we aren't getting anything this year, we still a month left if not they'll announce it at E3. Just don't jump to conclusion just yet. If we're getting something, we're getting something. If we're not, it's beak year.
But the possibility of one being released at E3 is still highly unlikely, judging by the fact that if the game is announced at E3 then the game would most likely be released sometime next year. Not only is that about a 1/2 - 1 year wait, the latter something that GF would never do, but this would make 2017 a break year, too, and according to all of you it's highly unlikely that 2017 would be a break year. But still, who knows?

I'm confident that something would be announced before E3, and if not then I'm saying it's a break year. Don't forget that even GF can get tired out.

I'd die laughing if 'stars' turned out to be another installment of Kalos :ROFLMAO:.

Unlikely but I'd love it! Would it be considered 6th gen or 7th gen though?

I'm pretty sure the next game would be a continuation of SM's story but in Kanto. We will follow Lillie's journey as a trainer and find out who Hau's father is while seeing how the Kanto region has changed all this years.

Unlikely but I'd love it! Would it be considered 6th gen or 7th gen though?

I'm pretty sure the next game would be a continuation of SM's story but in Kanto. We will follow Lillie's journey as a trainer and find out who Hau's father is while seeing how the Kanto region has changed all this years.

if we get a kalos remake it's still gen vii (e.g. hgss isnt gen ii because the games were released in gen iv, although they star the region introduced in gen ii)

my personal opinion- maybe we get johto remakes, you can travel from johto to kanto and possibly johto -> sinnoh via sinjoh ruins??
that would be cool but highly unlikely lol

Back
Top Bottom