• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
though this also falls under: just because they haven't done it before, doesn't mean they won't do it now.

I don't remember a third version answer.
@Soki answered it in the above quoted post.

this can be avoided by including multiple save files
Which there are.
You also have to pay in order to play online.
Please read back the thread before posting same statements over and over again. "MOST" games would use the service, and Pokémon is 90% likely to be excluded.
(I wish someone would put up a Q/A on the OP about the commonly used arguments, and their for/against points)

Last edited:
The Switch is very excluding. Parents with more than one child would have to fork over hundreds of dollars that they might not have in order for all of the kids to enjoy the game (this can be avoided by including multiple save files). It will literally split the fanbase in half because many Pokemon fans (including myself) don't want. You also have to pay in order to play online.
1) Parents already do that for Nintendo's handhelds, which Pokemon is mainly on currently. Nothin' new, and if the multiple save files is a thing, that's more of an incentive to put it on the Switch. It's not going to split apart a fanbase.

2) Less than two bucks a month. That's like having to give up one or two bars of candy a month. Not really that big.

Last edited:
Best Ending:
Sinnoh remakes/sequels for Switch

Okay Ending 1
Sun/Moon 3rd Version for Switch

Okay Ending 2
Kanto sequels for Switch

Meh Ending
Any 3DS game except...

Worst Ending
Diamond and pearl sequels for the 3DS.
i like the switch, don't get me wrong, it's just that at this point in time the exclusiveness of the switch is a major turn off to those of us who don't have enough money to purchase it, and even then many retailers don't have it in stock.
i could see them releasing a spin-off game for the switch but a main series game would be difficult to exploit for maximum sales.

i'm assuming you have a switch which is why you'd want a pokemon game on it though and if i had one i would too. tbh this is more of a personal rant for me and others who don't have a switch.

To be honest, I don't want a Diamond/Pearl remake.

Was it the game I bought to get back into the series? Yeah. But, conversely, Sinnoh is a very dull region, the games had the worst mechanics, and the original Pokedex was laughable. Yes, those are well-trotted arguments, but they are my own experience.

To be honest, I don't want a Diamond/Pearl remake.

Was it the game I bought to get back into the series? Yeah. But, conversely, Sinnoh is a very dull region, the games had the worst mechanics, and the original Pokedex was laughable. Yes, those are well-trotted arguments, but they are my own experience.
well like others have said, we probably will get d/p remakes in gen viii to give it justice on the switch (just like how in gen v we didn't get hoenn remakes).
i'm not a super big fan of sinnoh either but after playing the games over again i like them more than i initially give credit to. the main issue with the "dullness" is the slowness of the game coupled with the ost lethargically lulling you along. this could be easily fixed in a remake though.

edit: i made some major grammatical errors smh i'm tired

Last edited:
@PkmnTrainerV; aye aye aye there a difference between start and starting again. I thought you might more specific than "Gamefreak is totally unpredictable guize and they can do anything"

Like I said many times in response just because they changes things doesn't mean prediction isn't useful. I still expect at least the next ten games to have fire water and grass type starter pokemon. Yeah going in circles is annoying but actually arguing is more meanful I guess than not talking to each other at all.

I can see Pokemon staying on the 3DS for one more game. Nintendo's expectations for this year are too high for a major console seller to jump off.
Nah, I feel like the games announced for the 3DS already are part of the last hurrah. The fact that E3 is Switch-focused after the Switched-focused presentation hints at that possibly being the case.

As I've mentioned frequently, Nintendo wants 40 million 3DS games to be sold by the end of this fiscal year. Pokemon can help with this.

That doesn't mean they can't make another.
Still disproves your point: Pokemon has already boosted sales to that goal, and with a main-release game no less. And now that Nintendo is preparing for a Switch-focused presentation at the biggest gaming presentation event of the year with no hints at any 3DS focusing, it seems likely the next step may be on the Switch. The next fiscal year is late 2017.

Still disproves your point: Pokemon has already boosted sales to that goal, and with a main-release game no less. And now that Nintendo is preparing for a Switch-focused presentation at the biggest gaming presentation event of the year with no hints at any 3DS focusing, it seems likely the next step may be on the Switch. The next fiscal year is late 2017.
>implying that nintendo has a rigid fiscal year
we don't know for sure. it would make more sense to make 3ds games anyway. but if it is in the latter part of the year then i'd say we will probably get switch titles.

frankly it isn't like gamefreak to switch main series games to a different platform mid-generation.

>implying that nintendo has a rigid fiscal year
we don't know for sure. it would make more sense to make 3ds games anyway. but if it is in the latter part of the year then i'd say we will probably get switch titles.

frankly it isn't like gamefreak to switch main series games to a different platform mid-generation.
Then again, we had changes to gyms, HMs, etc in Sun and Moon, stuff that were believed to be core concepts in Pokemon. We don't know.

What if the next game would have gyms and trials, would that work?
I don't think so, unless you combine both, like instead of Totem Pokemon it's the gym leader. If that's in Stars, this probably could put up a new storyline, like nature vs mankind that Mother 3 also had :p

Also, is it safe to say no Pokemon Direct? ARMS Direct just ended and nothing new for Pokemon, but boy that was a hype direct.

I don't think so, unless you combine both, like instead of Totem Pokemon it's the gym leader. If that's in Stars, this probably could put up a new storyline, like nature vs mankind that Mother 3 also had :p

Well, I don't understand why the play isn't forced to battle the trial captain after defeating the totem Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom