1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by RileyXY1, Nov 19, 2016.

Voter count: 102
?

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Real

61 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. Fake

41 vote(s)
    40.2%
  1. Mega/Ultra Evolution 46

Mega/Ultra Evolution 46 Mega Pokemon Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Or that Codename "Stars" relate to something else.

2. TheMonster6893

TheMonster6893 THE Pokemon Master

Blog Posts:
    But again if "Stars" relates to something else then why would they say it relates to a typical 3rd version? Why would their sources say that to them?

3. Kallyle

Kallyle A Horizon's Knight

Blog Posts:
    It could also be the option that "Stars" has the same setting as SM (takes place in Alola), but with a generally different story-line/path to follow. That would shake things up quite nicely from the traditional follow-up game formula.

4. Mega/Ultra Evolution 46

Blog Posts:
    Hello, GF like to surprise the fans and troll them. They want to get them hyped up with rumored third game, and fans like to throw speculation. The last thing they want to do a predictable, Do we believe it'll be a third game, since GF had done one since Platinum, I don't know if they'll go back to the old format again. The only the thing the care about is Sells. In Gen 5, the fans were expecting Pokemon "Grey" to Black/White, but instead we got Sequel, Black 2/White 2 and Fans were also expecting Pokemon "Z" to XY, but we didn't get anything, not even a Kalos Sequel. Both "Grey" and "Z" were both pure speculation for the fans that wanted to happen. Now this time "Stars" is still a rumor, yes Eurogamer did said it's in development alongside with Sun/Moon, especially they throw out hints towards "Stars". Is it possible that GF and Junichi Masuda are trolling us, I mean we don't know if "Stars" is something that the fans were expecting.It's possible GF and Junichi Masuda like to get the fans hyped up by throwing out the rumor game, and say it's in development (which is a smart way to think the fans that the game is coming), but when the announcement comes, boom the fans did not expect a game they wanted. That's a surprise.

Here are the list of trademark from Bulbapedia that haven't been used:
    • Pocket Monsters: Topaz (Japanese: ポケットモンスタートパーズ) [application number 2002-063587, registration number 4677891]
    • Pocket Monsters: Tourmaline (Japanese: ポケットモンスタートルマリン) [application number 2002-063588, registration number 4684698]
    • Pocket Monsters: Moonstone (Japanese: ポケットモンスタームーンストーン) [application number 2002-063590, registration number 4684699]
    • Pocket Monsters: Brown (Japanese: ポケットモンスター茶) [application number 2008-093270, registration number 5222905]
    • Pocket Monsters: Grey (Japanese: ポケットモンスター灰) [application number 2008-093272, registration number 5222907]
    • Pocket Monsters: Vermilion (Japanese: ポケットモンスター朱) [application number 2008-093273, registration number 5222908]
    • Pocket Monsters: Purple (Japanese: ポケットモンスター紫) [application number 2008-093274, registration number 5222909]
    • Pocket Monsters: Crimson (Japanese: ポケットモンスター紅) [application number 2008-093275, registration number 5222910]
    • Pocket Monsters: Scarlet (Japanese: ポケットモンスター緋) [application number 2008-093276, registration number 5222911]
    • Delta Emerald[7] (Japanese: デルタエメラルド) [application number 2014-035118, registration number 5701924]

DoctorWhy likes this.
  5. Esserise

Esserise Giga Gaia & Tera Terra for USUM sequels

Blog Posts:
    Wouldn't that basically be a sequel?

poke trey and TheMonster6893 like this.
  6. Mega/Ultra Evolution 46

Blog Posts:
    Yes, but if was a sequel, then wait til 2018, it can take two years from the original event for Sun/Moon like Black 2/White 2

7. TheMonster6893

TheMonster6893 THE Pokemon Master

Blog Posts:
    GF didn't spread this rumor tho. They don't create rumors for their games. The idea are a random employee leaked this info to Eurogamer. That's not a strategic thing for them to use to get hype up. If it was up to GF (if Stars is even real) they wouldn't want us to know about it at all yet. I think you're putting too much stock in the idea that GF has anything to do with leaks

8. yoyokira

yoyokira everything is better with explosions

Blog Posts:
    oh, okay.

"switching" (it's so punderful!) the main series between consoles mid-generation doesn't make sense to me though. the best possible option to satisfy both sides is to make a 3ds and switch port of the new games i guess.

ofc, switch is the better option considering graphics/size the console is able to handle. i'm just being a saltball because i don't have one.
    $300 isn't too bad tbh but as an unorthodox portable console-type thing(?) offers a dilemma. to play other games and trade and battle with my family members we would need multiple, which would equal $1,200 for each individual switch. the games will cost about $60, so that's another $180 spent. my family isn't in the best financial situation right now and i don't have a job (besides art commissions? nobody commissions me though) i know the world doesn't evolve me and the fact that i can't get one doesn't affect the market as a whole but footage/gameplay of the new game WILL be everywhere and i'll feel insanely wracked with jealousy. i had that happen with ORAS on the FIRST day the games were released and all my friends were playing them; i rushed to game stop the next day and bought a copy of omega ruby despite christmas being only a month away.

9. FlowerMagician

FlowerMagician Blooming...

Blog Posts:
  10. Dragonite Postal Service

Blog Posts:
    What if Pokemon stars was actually a Pokemon stadium type game. It could be named stars if it was a Pokemon Tournament style game with all gym leaders and E4 trainers?

11. NoirCore

NoirCore Black and Gold 4ever!

Blog Posts:
    By that logic, we should stop getting single third versions. Suggesting it's better we get paired third versions from now on?

12. Esserise

Esserise Giga Gaia & Tera Terra for USUM sequels

Blog Posts:
    Oh man, I don't know if I can think of something that would be more pointless than slightly-different dual versions of a game that is already, for the most part, pointless.

That being said, if Stars were a paired game, I suppose it would make at least some sense. Pokémon games are known for coming in pairs, and it'd be their first foray onto the Switch. So a Sun & Moon pair for the Switch... I guess I could see that. And Stars, or the idea on paper anyway, is at least more useful than most other third versions.

godiego likes this.
  13. godiego

godiego did you stone those tights?

Blog Posts:
    not trying to delve into an agree-disagree sort of argument regarding it, but i feel as if a dual release on 3DS and Switch defeats the purpose of Stars to begin with.

Esserise and TheMonster6893 like this.
  14. yoyokira

yoyokira everything is better with explosions

Blog Posts:
    how so?

15. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    I think they want to say that becuase Stars is supposed to be a Switch entry game and the 3DS would hold it back (this is not my opinion, just trying to provide a reason for @godiego's statement.

DoctorWhy and SinnohEevee like this.
  16. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    Yeah if it releases on the Switch, the goal is probably for the game to make people actually buy a Switch. Releasing it on the 3DS too would kind of defeat that purpose. BotW got a dual release but I think that's mostly because the game was supposed to be released on the Wii U in the first place. If Stars exists it's probably made for the Switch, as I doubt they were planning a third version on the 3DS as that seems to not be their thing anymore.

17. lavandula

lavandula Registered User

Blog Posts:
    The person who discovered the Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese leaks said that a hacker said that we may get Pokemon news tomorrow.

We are not sure if it is STARS though.

PS: He later then said that the hacker mentioned was @SciresM instead of some Chinese hacker.

EDIT: PokeJungle said they confirmed that SciresM wasn't talking about Pokemon.

#3037 lavandula, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    PartTimePokemonMaster likes this.
  18. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    we need to rumors/leaks thread again!

The Chinese leaker? If that's true, there may be a 50% chance there maybe something tomorrow. I was just waiting for some info, since my summer breaks have started!
    First day of summer breaks with the Chinese leaker.

I think there may be a fair chance that it's Stars related.

19. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    The rumors/leaks thread still exists you know: Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread :p

Though you're all welcome to just discuss it here, as long as it's still possible to be Stars.

PartTimePokemonMaster likes this.
  20. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    These were the only titbits which were false from Chinese leak.
    Maybe the second one refers to the walking Pokemon, and the first may just have used the wrong example, since Ash Greninja is the only thing we've got which can be described remotely as such a form.
    I need my Z-Form Typhlosion

DoctorWhy likes this.