• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Off topic: we now have a power cut so I'm spending the night on Pokemon sites lol.

Hype for tomorrow! I'm hoping for something for a Switch.
I actually bookmarked some comments round here to quote if Stars finally becomes a thing for giggles. Hope I'll be able to quote those things tomorrow lol

Reaction score
Unlikely to be remakes if it's big enough for a Direct.
Junichi Masuda even retweeted the Direct in all available languages.
It's likely to be a really big thing.

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
Well there is still a remote chance that the first Pokemon Switch game will be Masuda's success in making the stadium series have a purpose again i.e. just make potential ideas for postgame content it's own game.

or you know an Alola follow up on 3ds is still possible

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I wanna point out that it has been confirmed that Monster Hunter XX does have connectivity between the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch. This means it is possible for them to create a form of connectivity between consoles and that they might be able to develop a way for us to move our Pokemon to the Switch.

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
Haha I doubted myself at the very end but I was vindicated.

There is no way Gamefreak would jump ship during the first year in which shadows of Valencia came out and the New 3ds came out!

VICTORY!

Reaction score
Stars does exist, it's just that late into its development it was splitted into two versions, just like all Pokemon games.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
There's no reason to close this thread, it dies when it dies. If people still want to discuss stuff about it they should be free to.

Not Dead
Reaction score
I don't care that USUM aren't Switch games because I'd find them massively underwhelming anyway, but in Eurogamer's defense, that "Switch TBA" slip-up in the press release does imply that at some point, a Switch version was considered. Otherwise, it's a strange coincidence.

A fifth Alola version for Switch in 2018 would be ridiculous should it turn out that the Stars idea hasn't been completely buried. But it makes no difference to me, so whatever. I am not sure I will get a Switch at all given Game Freak's track record (SM were the only 3DS games I somewhat liked).