• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I don't remember if this was mentioned before, but I thought it would be worth mentioning
View: http://imgur.com/a/qqKue

I do actually doubt that this is real but it seems like it does have some validity.
Things it got right:
•Dual releases on 3ds
•The names
Unknown if right or wrong (which could show up later):
•A separate game for the switch that have more features than the dual versions
•Switch version not being full hd
•The switch would be compatible with the 3ds version (which seems a little plausible)
•No direct multiplayer gameplay between the 2 (which kinda makes sense)
Things it got wrong:
•Reveal date (which is why I have my doubts about it, but it's possible that the date could have been changed)
•Release date (it wasn't that far off with the second release date and kinda far off from the first date, but it's possible that the dates could have also been changed as well, but I kinda still have my doubts)
Either this is real or they got really close to getting it right on accident

Not Dead
Reaction score
If it's true despite all the mistakes, then it doesn't really change much beyond the Eurogamer report. A Switch version not being released this year makes it unlikely for them to bother with it next year. They might do that if they're greedy, but come on... Five Alola versions? What would the last one add beyond prettier graphics (and not HD ones supposedly)?

It is entirely possible that they considered a Switch version only to drop it entirely. I'm sure they considered a Z version, too.

Lastly, if local battles aren't possible as the alleged claim claims, then that is a good reason not to bother at all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it's true despite all the mistakes, then it doesn't really change much beyond the Eurogamer report. A Switch version not being released this year makes it unlikely for them to bother with it next year. They might do that if they're greedy, but come on... Five Alola versions? What would the last one add beyond prettier graphics (and not HD ones supposedly)?

It is entirely possible that they considered a Switch version only to drop it entirely. I'm sure they considered a Z version, too.

Lastly, if local battles aren't possible as the alleged claim claims, then that is a good reason not to bother at all.
And we all know how GF is never going to abandon local communication.
If USM is just SM, then it being on the 3DS is pointless.

Reaction score
what about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon ? I like like the fact they are doing tchem but the legendaries should get something new and no fussion in my opinion I hoped rather for mega forms , and maybe after some generations other forms but maybe they will do that too.

Interesting will be to see what they changed, hope water compaction and some movesets and other things.