• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
This does not confirm Stars. It could just be dummied out data.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
This does not confirm Stars. It could just be dummied out data.
I really question why you ever bothered creating a thread to discuss Pokémon Stars when you have to continue saying that 'Pokémon Stars is not confirmed'. Assume from now on that everyone here knows it isn't confirmed, because, the fact is that everyone here already knows that. This is called speculation.

Regarding your comment that it could be a dummied out idea, that is a possibility. However, Gamefreak would have known, or atleast guessed, that Pokémon Sun and Moon would likely not have effectively used the walking Pokémon feature, due to already reaching the limits of the 3DS, and yet, they still created walking animations for every single Pokémon. It doesn't confirm anything, however, it is a good indicator that Gamefreak are atleast planning on using the feature in the future.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
This is amazing: Datamined walk/run cycles from SuMo

Basically it has Pokemon walking/running animations, which is found in Sun/Moon data and presumably unused, but this would theoretically mean that Stars would likely have a following Pokemon feature, given Switch's better performance compared to 3DS.

Komala's walking animation is funny, but I like how Golurk does it. Can't wait to see how the larger Pokemon walk with you.

Thanks for reading.
I'm betting it's another thing we're missing out on because the 3DS can't handle it.

It can go join ice climbers and a steady frame rate in doubles in their corner.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
However, Gamefreak would have known, or atleast guessed, that Pokémon Sun and Moon would likely not have effectively used the walking Pokémon feature, due to already reaching the limits of the 3DS, and yet, they still created walking animations for every single Pokémon
I would most certainly hope that the developers, designers, and coders of the games would realize that the feature they were developing and putting into the game might not be able to be run on the current hardware.

Reaction score
I would most certainly hope that the developers, designers, and coders of the games would realize that the feature they were developing and putting into the game might not be able to be run on the current hardware.
Well, files for a sequel have been present in many games before too. Take half Life episode 2 for example. It had some of the half Life episode 3 assets( and the only hl3 we could get . *sigh*). Also, Eurogamer said that they were being developed side by side so maybe it was a feature for these games too but it was never added in the 3ds version because of the hardware limitations and they forgot to remove the code.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the games share the same engine and this was running in engine.
When porting it over they clearly didn't clean all the unneeded data from 3DS version

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
The only way I can see SM getting sequels is if Necrozma gets two forms or Solgaleo and Lunala get attention again. Otherwise it is a single version with a possible new form for Necrozma. Stars could be called something else entirely.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
And, we might not even get any more Gen 7 games and jump straight to Gen 8.

Reaction score
That's true. We could. It would be unprecedented and we'd end up with at least one, likely two break years before the next Pokemon release, but there's nothing saying it can't be done.

Reaction score
The walking/running animations are a HELL of a LOT of work to not be used in the near future. Obviously, it doesn't prove anything, but I think it makes the "Stars" all the more likely. It's quite clear those would be unusable on the 3DS, and I doubt GF would've gone to the huge trouble of creating and animating them all (and so well) if they weren't directly preparing them for a game in the near future.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
If you're so negative about Stars, I'm rather bugged why did you create a thread about it. After every Speculative post (which this thread is for, anyway) you just say that "Stars is not confirmed."

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Following Pokémon maybe returning is the best news ever :cry:

That would be an incredibly smart move, cause then Stars would offer something quite unique that Sun/Moon doesn't have, and would therefore increase the chance of Sun/Moon owners to also buy Stars. Hell, I'd buy it for sure if this is true. And if those models all exist, I doubt they're going to be left unused cause that's one hell of a lot of work to make. They all have unique running models too, with Komala rolling and Lopunny hopping. It would be a huge waste to not use all that.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Now, I've switched my view on Stars and now believe that it is real.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I wonder when will they reveal Stars if it's real. Maybe in January when they reveal more Switch news? That might be too early with Sun and Moon just being two months old then. :/

Reaction score
I wonder when will they reveal Stars if it's real. Maybe in January when they reveal more Switch news? That might be too early with Sun and Moon just being two months old then. :/
OR/AS was revealed 7 months after X/Y released, so perhaps the same thing there?

If it was revealed 7 months later, that'd mean it'd be revealed in June, which would give them 4 or 5 months of promotion.

Reaction score
If stars is real, then I'm sure they would reveal it in the January event. This will increase hype and be better marketing wise. If they don't reveal it in Jan, then they can do it at E3 2017.

Reaction score
If/When revealed I'm eager to see what new features they have, or any old ones they'll add they had to remove but its up in the air for the when part. Wasn't it mentioned the Switch being 250? Its definitely around my price range. game I'm guessing is 60 so its really 300 something plus tax.

Reaction score
Hmm, that's something to consider actually. Would a switch to the Switch raise the price of Pokemon Stars from $40 to $60?

Reaction score
I can see Pokemon games costing 50 dollars on the switch this is at the end of the day basically a remaster and most if not all remasters for the Wii U like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker cost 50 dollars but Gem 8 now that will be interesting to see how much it cost but I think that determine that kind of scale gen 8 will have.