• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It more implies that he doesn't know how Pokemon can benefit from the Switch, which all but confirms that a main series game for the Switch next year won't happen. Stars is fake, everybody.

Since you always complain that people act as though it is real (which nobody does), I am compelled to ask you not to act as though Pokémon Stars is definitely fake. I do admit that the article you posted could possibly be the first evidence against Pokémon Stars, however, nothing is confirmed yet.

I think that this is just bashing the 3DS for no reason. That is what I think.

There are no reasons to include triple and rotation either. No it is not lagging and it has not been proven. It is you that is denying. Lag proves nothing since there is no lag. There is no denial for me. SM has not reached it's limits. There is nothing to proven that it has.

No I haven't. I have not notice anything which means people are finding any excuse to bash the 3DS system just for being around for 5 five years.

You have got to be kidding me. There IS lag, plenty of people have experienced it and none of us are lying. If you are going to just assume that myself and most other users on this site are liars, instead of being open minded enough to admit that there might be lag, then you and I are going to have some very big issues. You may not like the idea of Pokémon Stars, however, you are bringing the term 'deniability' to a whole new level.

Last edited:
It's not like Masuda can give an answer about stars before the 12th anyways.

You have got to be kidding me. There IS lag, plenty of people have experienced it and none of us are lying. If you are going to just assume that myself and most other users on this site are liars, instead of being open minded enough to admit that there might be lag, then you and I are going to have some very big issues. You may not like the idea of Pokémon Stars, however, you are bringing the term 'deniability' to a whole new level.
Sorry but I am not in denial. I am being realistic. There is a difference. I see no lag at all. SM is operating quite fine on the 3DS. I believe it can handle more games. Stars on 3DS is not farfetch'd.

"Without a doubt, the Nintendo Switch is the future, but we'll have to wait until it comes out on the market and study how Pokémon can benefit from it. When the people have it, we'll have to see and deeply study how it's used in order to then think about how the next entries of Pokémon will be and how the saga will be able to benefit from this new console."

What better way to study than with a Switch Pokemon game? It can give them ideas on how the Switch works, what the Switch is capable of and what they can improve on. Stars could be the test run. So this actually helps Stars somewhat.

Sorry but I am not in denial. I am being realistic. There is a difference. I see no lag at all. SM is operating quite fine on the 3DS. I believe it can handle more games. Stars on 3DS is not farfetch'd.

You're not being realistic at all. Please explain why most users on this site (even those who use the N3DS) report lag. Are you suggesting that we are ALL lying?

It more implies that he doesn't know how Pokemon can benefit from the Switch, which all but confirms that a main series game for the Switch next year won't happen. Stars is fake, everybody.

Not so much that he doesn't know how Pokemon can benefit, I'm sure they have some kind of idea. Probably more that whatever they're doing with the Switch is still in the early stages.

"Without a doubt, the Nintendo Switch is the future, but we'll have to wait until it comes out on the market and study how Pokémon can benefit from it. When the people have it, we'll have to see and deeply study how it's used in order to then think about how the next entries of Pokémon will be and how the saga will be able to benefit from this new console."
What better way to study than with a Switch Pokemon game? It can give them ideas on how the Switch works, what the Switch is capable of and what they can improve on. Stars could be the test run. So this actually helps Stars somewhat.

If their goal is to study the market, then they don't want to rush a game out at launch, that defeats the purpose. If you're studying the market that means you're trying to analyze what sells and what doesn't in preparation for a game release, and releasing a game when you have no idea if it'll sell or not is extremely risky. For Game Freak to release Stars at launch they have to have some sort of idea what sells.

Last edited:
You're not being realistic at all. Please explain why most users on this site (even those who use the N3DS) report lag. Are you suggesting that we are ALL lying?
Actually I am being realistic. People just want to rush onto the Switch as soon as possible. The only way for me to be convinced is when GF officially announce the game on whatever handheld they choose.

Since @RileyXY1 posted this ,

what does this mean for Pokemon Stars?
If star is real, instead of waiting til gen 8 for nintendo switch, is GF going to test star out on Switch first, to see how it goes, before moving to gen 8

Actually I am being realistic. People just want to rush onto the Switch as soon as possible. The only way for me to be convinced is when GF officially announce the game on whatever handheld they choose.

I noticed you didn't even bother to answer my question, and chose to simply ignore it. Every 3DS console (both original and new) experiences lag. Don't bother to deny it now, the fact you couldn't answer my question shows that even you admit the game lags in certain areas.

Just because you didn't see any lag, does not mean that it's not there.

I noticed you didn't even bother to answer my question, and chose to simply ignore it. Every 3DS console (both original and new) experiences lag. Don't bother to deny it now, the fact you couldn't answer my question shows that even you admit the game lags in certain areas.
Wrong. I am not in denial. I did answer your question. It is you that is denying the truth. I now reckon Stars is not real due to it sounding fake.

I don't think that interview really confirms or denies anything relating to Stars itself, which is a rumour at best, but it certainly confirms that the Switch is their next development platform of choice. As if that was ever in doubt.

Exactly. Game Freak developing Stars on Switch would certainly aid with future gens on the system as well.
Gen VIII for 2018 hell yeah

I don't think that interview really confirms or denies anything relating to Stars itself, which is a rumour at best, but it certainly confirms that the Switch is their next development platform of choice.
Exactly. That's all this confirms and nothing more. According to Junchi Masuda, Pokemon will eventually be on the Switch, though we can't say for sure exactly when.

Wrong. I am not in denial. I did answer your question. It is you that is denying the truth. I now reckon Stars is not real due to it sounding fake.

You did not answer my question. I asked you if you think we are all lying about the lag. You did not answer. I continue to await your answer

You did not answer my question. I asked you if you think we are all lying about the lag. You did not answer. I continue to await your answer
I do not take the word of users on a fan site just because they say so. I believe in things that i see with my own eyes. I believe in Stars when i see it for myself.

It's not as if they'd ever be saying, "Ayyyy Pokébois hope you'r readdy to Switch it up 2017!" anyway. Ask them about the Switch right now, and you're only going to get vagueries such as the above.

I do not take the word of users on a fan site just because they say so. I believe in things that i see with my own eyes. I believe in Stars when i see it for myself.

I'm not talking about Stars, I am talking about the lag in Pokémon Sun and Moon. However, you are just as free to claim us all liars as you are to be wrong about calling us liars in the first place. I look forward to your next post about claiming 'you are not wrong' which will make you even more wrong. Pokémon SM has confirmed lag whether you take our word or not. Also, just as you don't take our word, nobody here is going to take your word that you experienced no lag. You're more likely to be the liar than a large majority of users here.

I'm not talking about Stars, I am talking about the lag in Pokémon Sun and Moon. However, you are just as free to claim us all liars as you are to be wrong about calling us liars in the first place. I look forward to your next post about claiming 'you are not wrong' which will make you even more wrong. Pokémon SM has confirmed lag whether you take our word or not. Also, just as you don't take our word, nobody here is going to take your word that you experienced no lag. You're more likely to be the liar than a large majority of users here.
I wasn't calling anyone a liar. I am not a liar since i do not liar. SM does not have any lag as far as i can see. Please keep name calling to yourself. And no, my posts are not wrong yet.

SM does not have any lag as far as i can see.

And that's all well and good for you, but it doesn't change the fact that many other people have reported lag issues. You do not comprise the playerbase on your lonesome, so Game Freak/Nintendo have to take those other players into account.

I wasn't calling anyone a liar. I am not a liar since i do not liar. SM does not have any lag as far as i can see. Please keep name calling to yourself. And no, my posts are not wrong yet.

Not taking our word for lag means you are calling us liars. We are either telling the truth or we are lying, and you clearly do not think we are telling the truth. Sm has lag in double battles. I suggest you go and play a double battle right now, and if you see no lag, I then suggest you go see an optometrist. I am not calling you a name, I am stating you are wrong, which you are. Remember that everything you post is visible to everyone here. Everyone can see you saying there is no lag in Pokémon Sun and Moon. I do not need to continue the discussion on lag, as everyone here knows you are wrong on this particular subject anyway, so I shall discontinue this discussion so that others feel free to continue other discussions.

Back
Top Bottom