• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with @RileyXY1, but that's not how they work, when it comes to new console, see if switch do fails, they going have to wait 2 or 3 more years till the come up with another handheld that work, and for the next 2-3 years we'll be stuck on 3ds. But that's not how they work, okay I get this "Star" thing is fake to you, but GF want to do something different, instead of waiting till gen 8 to be Switch exclusive. So they use "Star" as a codename to Switch, to test it out before moving to the next gen. I thought it was fake at first because a couple of reasons
1. They don't start a third game on a new system, till the gen be switch exclusive
2. The only way you can get stars is purchasing Switch, but people are still use the 3DS, since sun and moon already started off on 3ds anyway, plus they probably don't have enough money to buy switch
3. GF haven't done a third game, since platinum, GF would rather focus on dual game, because dual game like Sun and Moon sells a lot than third games
4. I wanted DP remake to happen in 2017, but Stars might ruined that and pushed back till 2018 or 2019

Well who know about Stars, It could a third version, sequel, or port to sun and moon, but I don't think they'll deconfirmed stars altogether, plus they didn't says it's confirmed either, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens in 2017 first, just give Stars another chance

It is going to happen whether you like it or not. Even if Gen VIII are the first games on Switch, they will be playable on the television screen as well as handheld. And there is no reason why Gamefreak making a Pokémon game is the worst thing they could do when it is just as much portable. Also, don't forget that the portable screen of the Nintendo Switch is single screen and not two screens, so it doesn't make that much of a difference between playing one a single screen and playing on a larger single screen.
Disagree. Keep spin-offs on something like TV screen but keep main series away. That kind of thing ruins main series games in my opinion.

And you're in luck due to the hybrid nature of the Switch you can play it in portable mode all the time but the games will still be made with TV in mind. Think progressive, we as human-beings won't evolve if we keep holding onto to past/current things. It's same with hardware there is better tech (the Switch) out there that will allow GF to do stuff they couldn't do on the 3DS or previous platforms due to limitations.
Switch may not succeed so I wouldn't count on it that much.

Disagree. Keep spin-offs on something like TV screen but keep main series away. That kind of thing ruins main series games in my opinion.

Why would a tv screen ruin a Pokémon game? Like, I'm legitimately curious to know why you think that. Do you keep up with the Zelda series? If so, are the home console entries not vastly better than the handheld titles? Not that games like Spirit Tracks or A Link Between Worlds are bad, but they just don't compare to Wind Waker or Skyward Sword. So why would this logic be backwards for Pokémon?

Why would a tv screen ruin a Pokémon game? Like, I'm legitimately curious to know why you think that. Do you keep up with the Zelda series? If so, are the home console entries not vastly better than the handheld titles? Not that games like Spirit Tracks or A Link Between Worlds are bad, but they just don't compare to Wind Waker or Skyward Sword. So why would this logic be backwards for Pokémon?
Because pokemon games are meant for handheld in my opinion. TV is meant for watching tv shows and movies. I like them separate like that.

Because pokemon games are meant for handheld in my opinion. TV is meant for watching tv shows and movies. I like them separate like that.
Ok, I get that. But then, my next question. The Switch is tv-compatible, not mandatory. So it would still be a handheld at the end of the day, just with the bonus option of hooking it up to a tv. So why all the hate then?

Sidenote: I'm not trying to change you or your opinion, just trying to get a feel where you're comin from, if I may.

Ok, I get that. But then, my next question. The Switch is tv-compatible, not mandatory. So it would still be a handheld at the end of the day, just with the bonus option of hooking it up to a tv. So why all the hate then?

Sidenote: I'm not trying to change you or your opinion, just trying to get a feel where you're comin from, if I may.
I just don't like the whole TV being an option but it looks like it is going to be so nothing I can do about it.

Why do you take issue with it as an option?

You can completely ignore it if you so choose.
True but I can't help but feel uncomfortable about it. Doesn't feel natural to me. But it looks like Switch would have despite my dislike for it.

It doesn't really apply to spin-off because those are a given. There won't be a 3DS successor because the Switch is all there will be.

They also can't play the waiting game because look how that turned out for the Wii U? Developers waited for it to sell and while there was not software for 8-9 months. Yeah try selling a platform without games and see how that turns outs

Okay I'm gonna ask. does the (perceived) price tag have anything to do with any dislike of the switch?

Okay I'm gonna ask. does the (perceived) price tag have anything to do with any dislike of the switch?
Probably
They could have just said they couldn't afford the Switch right away.
Instead it feels like they are coming up with reason why GF wouldn't split a gen in half when they already did it before.
Pokemon Star I feel is Nintendo attempt at keeping the systems momentum going after the launch months into the holidays. If they succeed it will sell a lot.
That's why I don't believe there will be a 3DS successor because as it was clear this Gen. It was impossible to support the 3DS and Wii U at the same time and 1 suffered.
All resources in 1 product means people can buy everything in 1 place and they can pump out more games.

What exactly are you disagreeing with in my statement? I didn't say anything that was up to an opinion. Pokémon WILL end up on the Switch sooner or later, that is basically a given at this point, so Pokémon will be created for consoles on the television. That is something you can't disagree with. If you're disagreeing with the fact I said that that being able to play on television won't ruin the series, that is also true, because everyone literally has the option to never play it on television and just play it on handheld if they true, therefore the series can't be ruined by that. Also, considering most people here seem to be in favour of having the option, unfortunately for you, the opinions of the majority outweigh the opinion of you, so no, a series can't be ruined by something that more people are in favour with than against.

We never had a main series game on TV how would it even ruin the games? The Switch can be used a Handheld and Home Console. If you view Pokemon as a handheld series just play it in Handheld mode putting it in the dock so it shows up on your TV screen will not suddenly make a good game bad if it wasn't bad to begin with.

Also you could play R/S/E and FRLG on a the TV thanks to a GameCube accessory. Those games weren't suddenly horrible.

Also /Arceus/ do you not want the Switch to succeed because that's the feeling I'm getting just so the series doesn't show up on the system.

What exactly are you disagreeing with in my statement? I didn't say anything that was up to an opinion. Pokémon WILL end up on the Switch sooner or later, that is basically a given at this point, so Pokémon will be created for consoles on the television. That is something you can't disagree with. If you're disagreeing with the fact I said that that being able to play on television won't ruin the series, that is also true, because everyone literally has the option to never play it on television and just play it on handheld if they true, therefore the series can't be ruined by that. Also, considering most people here seem to be in favour of having the option, unfortunately for you, the opinions of the majority outweigh the opinion of you, so no, a series can't be ruined by something that more people are in favour with than against.
There is no majority over me. I do agree that Pokemon would move on to a new console since it has done so many times already. We assume that it is the Switch that is the next one after 3DS but what if Nintendo pulls a fast one on us?

There is no majority over me. I do agree that Pokemon would move on to a new console since it has done so many times already. We assume that it is the Switch that is the next one after 3DS but what if Nintendo pulls a fast one on us?

You are the only person I have seen to be completely against Pokémon being playable on television when it is also available portably. Yes, there is a majority over you. Why would Nintendo create a system that is just as much a handheld console as well as console, only to bring out another side handheld console? The only way I see this situation happening is if they create a less powerful, budget handheld to go along with the switch (basically how they created a 2DS to go along with the 3DS), but even in that situation, they would still create Pokémon titles for the Switch as well as the cheaper handheld. It is very unlikely that Pokémon is not going to end up on Nintendo Switch, especially when Pokémon games sell so well.

You are the only person I have seen to be completely against Pokémon being playable on television when it is also available portably. Yes, there is a majority over you. Why would Nintendo create a system that is just as much a handheld console as well as console, only to bring out another side handheld console? The only way I see this situation happening is if they create a less powerful, budget handheld to go along with the switch (basically how they created a 2DS to go along with the 3DS), but even in that situation, they would still create Pokémon titles for the Switch as well as the cheaper handheld. It is very unlikely that Pokémon is not going to end up on Nintendo Switch, especially when Pokémon games sell so well.
Sorry but you don't speak for everyone and neither do I. It is not for us to decide who is in the majority and who isn't. We will see what GF releases on Switch when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom