• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, do we know this? Just curiously. Has anyone at Nintendo or Game Freak specified how much of the 3DS' limits Sun & Moon pushed?
It is obvious that SM hasn't pushed the 3DS to it's limits. I would have noticed it.

It is obvious that SM hasn't pushed the 3DS to it's limits. I would have noticed it.
To be fair, there is a difference between pushing something to its limits and going past something's limits. It very well could be ri~ight at the limits of the 3DS, just as easily as it could be far from it, as you're saying.

The New 3DS seems to handle them well but the older models seem to have a lot of lag in certain battles.

I didn't notice that. I thought the game was going good on my end.

I have. Its slight but its there.

To play devil's advocate. I'm gonna mention that the lag might be a sign of poor optimization, but then that brings up the question of whether or not it'd be possible to optimize the game within the constraints of the 3DS. (Like say adjusting something to run smoother ups the memory used for that aspect or something)?

In this case, the amount of models seem to be a factor. SuMo was the first games in to show trainer models all the time right?

Regular one but I also got an XL. Either way, I notice nothing.

Regular and XL. Noticed no problems as far as I can see.
I jusr checked a 3DS comparison video for Sun and Moon, and I notice the New 3DS is faster, but there's still a bit of slowdown in a double battle when the trainers and Pokemon are simultaneously on screen. If you're using an old 3DS, I don't know how you can NOT see the slowdown.

I jusr checked a 3DS comparison video for Sun and Moon, and I notice the New 3DS is faster, but there's still a bit of slowdown in a double battle when the trainers and Pokemon are simultaneously on screen. If you're using an old 3DS, I don't know how you can NOT see the slowdown.
I just don't see it. I don't know why others can but I can clearly see no problem with it. It maybe different for everyone.

I just don't see it. I don't know why others can but I can clearly see no problem with it. It maybe different for everyone.
Is your 3DS altered in any way or something? Or are you misunderstanding what we are talking about? I suggest you watch a Sun/Moon 3DS comparison video on YouTube if it's the latter. You'll notice a clear difference in speed there.

Do you have any other games and whatnot on your 3DS or just Pokémon?
I have one Dragonball Z game and one Resident Evil that I downloaded.
Is your 3DS altered in any way or something? Or do you simply not understand what we are talking about? I suggest you watch a Sun/Moon 3DS comparison video on YouTube if it's the latter. You'll notice a clear difference in speed there.
No, my 3DS has not been altered. It is running fine for me. I can understand people but I cannot see the problem. That video on youtube might be false.

Gamefreak is aware of the situation and is either incapable or unwilling to fix the lag which is why they removed 3D entirely and took out triples and rotations.

I have a physical copy of Moon, a 3DS XL, so the lag has nothing to do with space. It's more of a strain on the 3DS' capabilities, pushing it to the 3DS' limits which is very true.

Hope the Switch can fix this quickly with Stars. :)

Or the Switch could be worse. I am not counting on it being better just yet. Anyway, I think that they should go back to the both mascots in a single game thing. That was what I love about Emerald and Platinum. Reshiram and Zekrom however had remain version exclusive which is disappointing.

I have to agree a little bit. Yes the Switch is designed to play console AND handheld games, but that doesn't mean that optimization isn't a factor. I'm not exactly willing to discount the possibility that Game Freak aren't gonna attempt to go AAA-scale yet, but this means we have to consider that the Switch might still be more limited compared to the PS4 and Xbone, and that Game Freak might overestimate the capabilities of the Switch were they to go that route.

At the very least we should see how Skyrim preforms before trying to make an objective judgment on if its better than the 3DS (and Wii U)

Back
Top Bottom