• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I have a physical copy of Moon, a 3DS XL, so the lag has nothing to do with space. It's more of a strain on the 3DS' capabilities, pushing it to the 3DS' limits which is very true.

Hope the Switch can fix this quickly with Stars. :)

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Or the Switch could be worse. I am not counting on it being better just yet. Anyway, I think that they should go back to the both mascots in a single game thing. That was what I love about Emerald and Platinum. Reshiram and Zekrom however had remain version exclusive which is disappointing.

Memeber
Reaction score
I have to agree a little bit. Yes the Switch is designed to play console AND handheld games, but that doesn't mean that optimization isn't a factor. I'm not exactly willing to discount the possibility that Game Freak aren't gonna attempt to go AAA-scale yet, but this means we have to consider that the Switch might still be more limited compared to the PS4 and Xbone, and that Game Freak might overestimate the capabilities of the Switch were they to go that route.

At the very least we should see how Skyrim preforms before trying to make an objective judgment on if its better than the 3DS (and Wii U)

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
I have a physical copy of Moon, a 3DS XL, so the lag has nothing to do with space. It's more of a strain on the 3DS' capabilities, pushing it to the 3DS' limits which is very true.

Hope the Switch can fix this quickly with Stars. :)
I imagine the slowdown with double/sos/totem battles would be gone in Stars, if only due to the stronger processing power. Hell, even the N3DS did some work in removing some of that lag. If the Switch is more powerful than the 3DS as some specs rumours say (like 80x) then I imagine triple/rotation battles could easily make a comeback too.

Reaction score
I imagine the slowdown with double/sos/totem battles would be gone in Stars, if only due to the stronger processing power. Hell, even the N3DS did some work in removing some of that lag. If the Switch is more powerful than the 3DS as some specs rumours say (like 80x) then I imagine triple/rotation battles could easily make a comeback too.
Most definitely, its just a matter if GF will re add said battle formats, which I hope they do. Battle Royale has its charm but its definitely not a sub for them

I dare you to read this title
Reaction score
Or the Switch could be worse. I am not counting on it being better just yet.
The Switch can't be worse; it HAS to be more powerful than the 3DS, or it doesn't deserve to be a next gen console, and there's no chance it's less powerful than a Wii U because of that. I'm very confident a Switch version wouldn't have any lag.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
I didn't notice that. I thought the game was going good on my end.
You seem to be the only person here who never noticed any lag at all. I suppose you wouldn't want to video record your game during a double battle. I'd be interested in seeing if your game actually doesn't lag, when everyone else's does.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The lag is proof that the 3DS is coming to its end. We've reached its capabilities. It will be gone by 2018.

Reaction score
You seem to be the only person here who never noticed any lag at all. I suppose you wouldn't want to video record your game during a double battle. I'd be interested in seeing if your game actually doesn't lag, when everyone else's does.
To add to this, @Arceus the Dragon , did you watch a Sun and Moon 3DS comparison video like I suggested, just in case you misunderstood what we meant by lag and slowdown?

Reaction score
To add to this, @Arceus the Dragon , did you watch a Sun and Moon 3DS comparison video like I suggested, just in case you misunderstood what we meant by lag and slowdown?
That video could be fake. I am not going to buy it for a second. I am also not going to take people's word on it unless GF makes a statement about it.

Reaction score
That video could be fake. I am not going to buy it for a second. I am also not going to take people's word on it unless GF makes a statement about it.
...There are MULTIPLE videos of the 3DS comparisons, and there is NO reason for uploaders to fake something like that. Hell, one of the uploaders is a Nintendo news site's YouTube: they CAN'T lie about stuff, and what would lying about something as small as a slowdown comparison video get them? That's rather paranoid of you to believe.

Reaction score
...There are MULTIPLE videos of the 3DS comparisons, and there is NO reason for uploaders to fake something like that. Hell, one of the uploaders is a Nintendo news site's YouTube: they CAN'T lie about stuff, and what would lying about something as small as a slowdown comparison video get them? That's rather paranoid of you to believe.
No, I am not paranoid. I am being realistic. There can be quite a few people who would do an say anything to bad mouth the 3DS. I just don't believe it. Sorry but that is my choice. No one is going to convince me otherwise.

Toyosatomimi no Miko fangirl
Reaction score
No, I am not paranoid. I am being realistic. There can be quite a few people who would do an say anything to bad mouth the 3DS. I just don't believe it. Sorry but that is my choice. No one is going to convince me otherwise.
You're really not being realistic.

They have no reason to waste their time faking slowdown footage. Particularly this one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZNDSqTYeU

These guys are a reliable Nintendo News channel and have no reason to try and put down the 3DS if there wasn't any actual slowdown.

The original 3DS loaded the new areas a later, and takes longer to finish turns. And look at how slow the Lanturn starts going at around 4:25.

That is unmistakably the system lagging.

Reaction score
That is not realistic, it's paranoia. You would have to be distrusting EVERY single comparison video, one of which from a reviewer who is proven that he likes the 3DS and LOVES Sun and Moon. I get the whole "from the horse's mouth" mentality, but this is ridiculous. You're also saying that all the people on this forum who reported slowdown could be lying themselves. Again, to what gain? Don't tell me we're trying to make the 3DS look bad, too?

@Glaceon Mage To add to that, wouldn't bad-mouthing the 3DS hurt them, too? I mean, Nintendo Life is Nintendo-devoted, and have shown love for MANY 3DS games.

Reaction score
You're really not being realistic.

They have no reason to waste their time faking slowdown footage. Particularly this one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZNDSqTYeU

These guys are a reliable Nintendo News channel and have no reason to try and put down the 3DS if there wasn't any actual slowdown.

The original 3DS loaded the new areas a later, and takes longer to finish turns. And look at how slow the Lanturn starts going at around 4:25.

That is unmistakably the system lagging.
Actually I am realistic no matter what you or others say. Those videos are considered fake in my opinion.

That is not realistic, it's paranoia. You would have to be distrusting EVERY single comparison video, one of which from a reviewer who is proven that he likes the 3DS and LOVES Sun and Moon. I get the whole "from the horse's mouth" mentality, but this is ridiculous. You're also saying that all the people on this forum who reported slowdown could be lying themselves. Again, to what gain? Don't tell me we're trying to make the 3DS look bad, too?

@Glaceon Mage To add to that, wouldn't bad-mouthing the 3DS hurt them, too? I mean, Nintendo Life is Nintendo-devoted, and have shown love for MANY 3DS games.
No, I am realistic. You can not change that about me. Those videos are fake as far as I am aware. This attempt to make the 3DS look bad is not working in my opinion. I am not saying people are lying but I do think they are wrong.

Reaction score
Anyway, I think that they should go back to the both mascots in a single game thing. That was what I love about Emerald and Platinum. Reshiram and Zekrom however had remain version exclusive which is disappointing.
Yeah, that'd be nice; even HGSS had Ho-Oh and Lugia in both versions, so I wouldn't put it too far from possible.

Reaction score
I think that the game should be set after Sun & Moon with much, much more things to do.

And I want Lillie & Lusamine to be a small part of it, story wise. My idea is that Lillie has become a strong Trainer, up to the point she competes in the Elite Four, and she returns to Alola to check up on Nebby, Gladion, & the Aether Foundation.

However, Aether is in total ruin thanks to a new faction that invaded from another region (thinking something like Team Plasma, circa B2/W2) and demolished the staff & research. Because of this, the Ultra Beast research, among other things, is set back, along with the leader stealing the final Type: Null in hopes of awakening Type: Full & using the genetics to create an army of Type: Nulls.

Gladion goes back to his state of depression & hostility, having felt like he failed, & a small faction (known as the Aether Enclave) is left trying to hold down the fort. Lillie wants to help them rebuild and asks the player to do multiple things to rebuild the island, & this is how the new faction is introduced.

Meanwhile, Lusamine is left as a figurehead position; too incompetent to lead, but important to morale. She should be somewhat frail, given how long it took for the Nihilego toxins to be removed from her body, leaving permanent damage. I would like some sort of artificial life support suit to allow her the strength to move & fight, as her body is weak (Darth Vader). But, Lusamine should keep some of her wits & ideology, with it being mellowed out because of how her daughter saved her & went the extra yard to help her. She should be the personification of hubris; an example of the folly of mankind & how extreme ideas yield only ruin. Since shed be the first villain to be interacted with after her final defeat, it would make sense... to me.

I'm still ironing out my story but I think the total destruction of Aether must play a role.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
Just like there are people like you who are only out to bad mouth Pokémon Stars and the Switch. Unfortunately for you, most people are going to trust all of the other people on here as well as all the other videos rather than one sole person. Considering you're also not even willing to upload a video of your own game to prove anything, we all believe that you're the fake one, not everyone else.