• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Retired
Reaction score
Look i don't see it okay. If people see it then that is their problem.
If you're the only one who doesn't see it, then you're the only one who doesn't see it. If everyone else sees it, there's a reason for Stars to go on the Switch. Do you get what I'm trying to convey?

Toyosatomimi no Miko fangirl
Reaction score
I said that i didnt see any lagging. Also i don't have to prove anything to someone who has done nothing but tear my opinions down.
We want to see with our own eyes how your system is playing the game, particularly under the stress of Doubles/Battle Royale/Totems, if it really is as perfectly fine.

Right now, video footage evidence points to lag. Provide video footage evidence against it.

This isn't a very complicated request. We're simply asking you to provide evidence beyond "I didn't see it," because it may have slipped under your radar and you simply didn't notice. We want to check and make sure with footage YOU know isn't "fake."

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
We want to see with our own eyes how your system is playing the game, particularly under the stress of Doubles/Battle Royale/Totems, if it really is as perfectly fine.

Right now, video footage evidence points to lag. Provide video footage evidence against it.

This isn't a very complicated request. We're simply asking you to provide evidence beyond "I didn't see it," because it may have slipped under your radar and you simply didn't notice. We want to check and make sure with footage YOU know isn't "fake."
Look I focus on the game all the time. If there was lag then it is not as bad as some think.

Memeber
Reaction score
Okay then I have a compromise. Suppose Nintendo would do a release of Stars and the rest of Gen VII for both the Switch and the 3DS. The latter will still be crappier than the other but it would allow a grace period for people to trade up and there is precedence for this kind of thing in the industry (See all the PS3 games with PS2 ports, and the PS4 games with PS3 ports. Also Gold and Silver were playable on the original Game Boy)

Would you be happy then?

Reaction score
If there was lag then it is not as bad as some think.
It's bad enough on my 3DS that I can input a command during certain battles and it takes 3-4 seconds to actually do it. Compare with normal, no lag battles where it takes less than a second.

Reaction score
Show some proof then.
If you're right everyone will drop their arguments against you.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you're right
I don't need to. I am happy with my game as it is so that is that.

Reaction score
Then maybe we can finally move away from this topic and focus on Stars itself?

Reaction score
It's certainly possible. Perhaps Magearna could be an in-game event where you complete a mission or something (akin to Deoxys in the Gen III games) and then catch/receive it at the end.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
That article, or an excerpt from it, has been posted. It certainly confirms that we're going to see Pokemon on the Switch someday, though not until Junichi Masuda is positive about the Switch.

Reaction score
I think getting a mythical in a main series game is a one-off. Deoxys didn't fit in with the 12 month mythical event schedule and was put in ORAS as a special treat for players. Plus we can already get Magearna by QR Code.

Reaction score
The Switch won't necessarily have a QR code scanner; plus, not everyone has the Internet to access the code for Magearna.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
The Eurogamer leak about Stars says the game is Switch exclusive, and has been in development alongside SM.
Therefore, if Eurogamer are saying the truth, Game Freak have been developing a game for the Switch, simultaneously while developing SM.

And Masuda´s interview indirectly deconfirms Eurogamer´s information, by implying they aren´t developing for the Switch atm, and will only start thinking about developing a new game for the Switch, after the Switch is out, and they have learned how the fans use the console, how do they play, and their reaction towards it. This would mean GF are not developing a Pokemon game for the Switch for now.

So, at this point, there are only 2 options:
1) Masuda is not saying the truth. He is hiding the fact that they are developing a Pokemon game for the Switch, and have been developing alongside SM.
2) Eurogamer´s leak is fake as fuck.

There is no other option.

PS : I have read the interview in Spanish, and I can confirm that Masuda is basically saying the Switch is the future of Pokemon, but they will not be developing anything for it, until the Switch´s launch, and until they have studied how people play the Switch, and do they like it. Which, if you have been following GF´s release patterns, makes sense. They never release a Pokemon game for the new hardware during the first year of the console.

Last edited:
Toyosatomimi no Miko fangirl
Reaction score
I'll start.

Do you think they will have another Mythical in-game pokemon like ORAS?
Can we just have all of them? I honestly hate the idea of event-onlys....

My main wishes:
Bring back Triples, Rotations, and Inverse (with the last of these upgraded to full format with Link battle support and stuff).
Classier customization options, like XY. While on the subject, gender equality for the male trainers' customization options. Boys can wear more than what they got.
More Alolan forms, specifically ones from Gens II-VI. Gamefreak, if you're gonna pander, at least pander more equally...
New Megas, particularly for Gen IV-VI Pokémon. Also, missing Stones already in the game code, like Galladite. (You mean I can't use Mega Gallade, GF? How dare you).
More story devoted to UB's. Nihilego as the only one with any involvement was such a waste.
Some extra Battle Tree Trainers I guess. Bugsy/Tsukushi? Please?
So, at this point, there are only 2 options:
1) Masuda is not saying the truth. He is hiding the fact that they are developing for the Switch, and have been developing it alongside SM.
2) Eurogamer´s leak is fake as fuck.

There is no other option.
I'd say 1. Game Devs have to be super careful to not say things they're not supposed to (ie revealing things that are scheduled for later reveals), and often lie or be super vague/nonspecific to do so.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I agree Stars is still probably legit. But its likeliness has significantly decreased now that Masuda indirectly deconfirmed it. I would say Stars was 95% true and 5% fake until before Masuda´s interview. Now, it is 60% true, 40% fake in my opinion.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Yay! The conversation finally moved forward! :D

I am also going to say that Masuda is being as vague as possible. He once said that there'll always be Gyms and we all know how that turned out. :p

I saw Stars as 95% real and 5% fake before the interview. Afterward, I see Stars as 98% real and 2% fake.

Reaction score
I think Stars is 99% fake and 1% real after the gang up on me. I just want this ordeal to be over by seeing if the news is indeed fake.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I am also going to say that Masuda is being as vague as possible.
Except he really wasn´t as vague as possible. He literally says it is too early to develop for the Switch, and they have a lot of analizing to do before starting a Switch project, and that they are not going to start developing before the console´s launch.

But we will see, we do have the Gyms interview precedent, where he implied Gyms were in SM.

As I said, 60% 40%