• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If its just going to be new regional variants, I really hope they'd try to give Johto some love with some new regional variants. Johto is connected to Kanto and plus, there are Johto Pokemon residing in Alola.

I prefer they get Bellossom (this means getting the entire Oddish Family who had way more business being in Alola than almost every other Kanto Pokemon in) and Horsea being within the actual dex (for same reason as before) before they do anything else.

In fact, yeah, this is my "Stars" wishlist:
1. Fix the damn Alola Dex
2. Character Episodes (in the build of God Eater 2 so the PC can still be involved all while we learn more about the characters since the main game couldn't fit that all in)
3. Being a proper 20th Anniversary title. BW2 celebrated 15 years (and how!) with the PWT. ORAS felt like a better nod to the overall franchise with those Mirage spots and how to obtain some of them. SM? Kanto is 20!!1!!111! Let's make an older Red and Blue and shove everything Kanto in the players faces Kanto is love, Kanto is life! Oh, let's get some guys from the other not-Kanto games in this to show we like 'em too. I don't care who or how just do it!
4. Burn the Festival or rebuild it to be a true Join Ave Successor with always on Wi-Fi and better Player/Friend Search features.

I actually did some digging and found out that there's enough Kanto Pokemon still left for 20 "new" Pokemon.

I think that they'll give these Pokemon Alolan Forms (* = Possibly getting an Alolan Form):
- Ekans, Arbok* (Really liked someone's idea of Poison/Psychic)
- Nidoran, Nidorina, Nidoqueen*
- Nidoran, Nidorino, Nidoking*
- Paras*, Parasect*
- Venonat, Venomoth*
- Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel*
- Tentacool, Tentacruel*
- Ponyta*, Rapidash* (Hoping for Fire/Fairy,
but could be Fire/Flying)
- Farfetch'd*
- Doduo*, Dodrio* (Maybe Fighting/Flying like that one leak)
- Seel, Dewgong*
- Krabby*, Kingler* (Hoping for Water/Steel)
- Voltorb, Electrode*
- Koffing*, Weezing*
- Goldeen, Seaking*

I actually did some digging and found out that there's enough Kanto Pokemon still left for 20 "new" Pokemon.

I think that they'll give these Pokemon Alolan Forms (* = Possibly getting an Alolan Form):
- Paras*, Parasect*
- Venonat, Venomoth*
- Tentacool, Tentacruel*
- Farfetch'd*
- Seel, Dewgong*
- Voltorb, Electrode*
- Koffing*, Weezing*
- Goldeen, Seaking*

Um what? Several of these Pokemon are already in.

Also, I was the one who suggested Poison/Psychic Ekans/Arbok.

This made Stars even more fake because GF would never introduce new Pokemon in a third version or the like. New Pokemon are saved for new generations. GF also never jumps to new hardware right when it comes out. Look what happened in Gen V.

Can we please stop the "Stars is 100% fake" argument. This is just a rumor and it doesn't make anything any more real or fake than it already is. I'm sorry, but I've gotten so tired of this argument, yet it continues to come back. We went a whole two weeks without this argument coming up and we were able to get some very productive conversations going.

Also I want to point out that a lot of us thought the rumor of Sun and Moon not having Gyms would turn out to be false, yet it turned out that the games did replace Pokemon Gyms with the trials. I'm not so sure about 20+ entirely new Pokemon, but I don't think its impossible if Game Freak would do something like shaking the formula up as much as they did with the Island Challenge.

Last edited:
This made Stars even more fake because GF would never introduce new Pokemon in a third version or the like. New Pokemon are saved for new generations. GF also never jumps to new hardware right when it comes out. Look what happened in Gen V.
Game Freak also never introduces a fourth version outside of Japan's Gen 1, never skips a third version, and always has gyms- oh wait...

Point being, tradition has been broken before, and might be broken again. Heck, Gen V broke a lot of traditions by itself.

Rumor: Laura Kate Dale on the Switch: clarified leaks, bits of new info - Nintendo Everything

As I said in the other thread, we have new rumors about getting 20 new Pokemon for Stars, but the original leaker of Stars does not believe it.

I think it's possible that these are 20 megas or Alolan forms instead of actual new Pokemon.

It's probably just 20+ Megas/Alola forms.

What if one of the twenty Pokemon is a new Mythical? Maybe it can be the star of 2019's film with Mewnium-Z being 2017 and Marshadow being 2018?

I doubt they'll want to go back to a formula that's been a failure in recent years if next year's movie is successful.

Um what? Several of these Pokemon are already in.

Sure, most of the Pokemon are already in the Alola region in Sun/Moon, but that doesn't stop them from taking advantage of the multiverse thing.

It's probably just 20+ Megas/Alola forms.
I think they probably could have meant this as well, but if so I hope that they give Megas to Pokemon like Flygon at long last, and maybe Luxray, considering you can catch Luxio via scan. As for Alolan Forms, I'm still holding onto the hope that they'd at least give some Johto Pokemon an Alolan Form. I guess that could extend to Sinnoh as well if Pokemon chosen from Johto have an evolution that came out in Gen IV.

I doubt we'll get a Pokemon stars,or z,prolly a skip year or remake of gen 4

Sure, most of the Pokemon are already in the Alola region in Sun/Moon, but that doesn't stop them from taking advantage of the multiverse thing.

Retconning new Alola forms into the Dex is something that might not go over well. What if people like those Pokemon and they replace them? It'd be better to add Alola forms of Pokemon that didn't appear in the original Alola Dex instead of replacing regular forms with Alola forms.

Retconning new Alola forms into the Dex is something that might not go over well. What if people like those Pokemon and they replace them? It'd be better to add Alola forms of Pokemon that didn't appear in the original Alola Dex instead of replacing regular forms with Alola forms.
True, but you know Game Freak: "Kanto Pokemon are the most recognizable! So let's include even more Kanto Alolan Forms!"

- Paras*, Parasect*
- Venonat, Venomoth*
- Tentacool, Tentacruel*
- Farfetch'd*
- Seel, Dewgong*
- Voltorb, Electrode*
- Koffing*, Weezing*
- Goldeen, Seaking*

You forgot the Dragonite line!
There was pretty good fanart out there for Dragon/Fairy Alolan dragonair.. I'd really like to use it!

Using the "Gamefreak will never do something because they have never done it before" is now the most pathetic excuse available to use. It is a completely invalid argument. Gamefreak have shown time and time again that they are capable of doing things they have never done before, and they will continue to do so in the future. I suggest you find a better argument to make, because this holds zero value to anything.

Using the "Gamefreak will never do something because they have never done it before" is now the most pathetic excuse available to use. It is a completely invalid argument. Gamefreak have shown time and time again that they are capable of doing things they have never done before, and they will continue to do so in the future. I suggest you find a better argument to make, because this holds zero value to anything.
It's actually a pretty good argument,I mean look how long it took them to make a mobile game...

If you run a business your there to make money,so to be developing a game for a system that has sold zero consoles yet because it's not released yet makes no sense.

One thing that's a gaurentee is everyone at gamefreak dosent wanna lose their job or money.

Stars could be the next 3ds game but probably won't be and we will probably never see a main series game on a console,in 20 years they coulda cashed in on that especially during the Wii era.

GF can't do that scale,their just now at 3ds quality and struggling at that and they were still making DS quality games during the 3ds era,2 games!

It's actually a pretty good argument,I mean look how long it took them to make a mobile game...

If you run a business your there to make money,so to be developing a game for a system that has sold zero consoles yet because it's not released yet makes no sense.

One thing that's a gaurentee is everyone at gamefreak dosent wanna lose their job or money.

Stars could be the next 3ds game but probably won't be and we will probably never see a main series game on a console,in 20 years they coulda cashed in on that especially during the Wii era.

GF can't do that scale,their just now at 3ds quality and struggling at that and they were still making DS quality games during the 3ds era,2 games!

No, it isn't. It is a terrible argument. How many people have said that Gamefreak would never replace Pokémon Gyms? Gamefreak have proven too many times that you can't just say "Gamefreak will never do this because they have never done it before." That argument has ALWAYS been a baseless argument. Just because someone has never done something, doesn't mean they NEVER will. The argument also technically doesn't make any sense, because everything always starts out as "They have never done it before". If people didn't do things solely because "they haven't done it before", literally nothing would get done.

It is a terrible argument that needs to stop. The argument offers no kind of evidence in regards to anything, which renders it pointless.

Also, your argument stating "developing a game for a system that has sold zero consoles yet because it's not released yet makes no sense", doesn't make any sense either. If Gamefreak can't develop a game for a console because it hasn't been released yet, then how on Earth can any other company create games for their consoles if they haven't been released yet? This argument has been given with no logic at all.

The argument that was given "It's never happened before and therefore won't happen in the future" is a logical fallacy known as an appeal to tradition. So no, it wasn't, and never will be.

Also as noted above the "developing a game for something that didn't sell anything yet" makes pretty much no sense, consoles without games don't sell. Saying that just indicates a vicious cycle of consoles never selling, because no games are on them and no progress or moving forward, which obviously isn't the case. Luigi's Mansion was in development before the Gamecube sold anything. Same goes for any launch title ever, as well as many non-launch titles.

Back
Top Bottom