• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Yeah, Bank's getting the National Dex when the update hits.

Though that does make me wonder... How will Bank handle dex entries, since it'll be able to connect with 9 games? And how will the battle-only forms, or forms that can't be in the PC/Bank be handled? There's about 100 forms that are in those two categories.
I think the bank just handles the Pokemons coding and each games Pokedex entry just becomes active when it has that Pokemons code registered in game

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
TBH I'd rather they go for that (and "twilight") for that reason alone. I want people to look at those words and think of something that's actually of decent quality for a change (besides a certain pony).
And there's also Berserk. I don't think there's anything topping that Eclipse, at least in terms of emotional impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
Nintendo isn't gamefreaks boss,they can take pokemon anywhere they want to.
No they can't. Game freak only owns part of the Pokemon Franchise. Nintendo and Creatures inc own just as much of the Pokemon franchise as Gamefreak does, and there is likely something in one of the contracts that state that all Pokemon games can only be created for Nintendo consoles. Game freak definitely can't take Pokemon wherever they want.

Lol if it hooks up to a TV it's a console.
And if you can play it in your hands anywhere you want, then it is a handheld, so what is your point exactly? It is already confirmed that the Nintendo Switch is a console/handheld hybrid, so I fail to see what you're attempting here.

Reaction score
No they can't. Game freak only owns part of the Pokemon Franchise. Nintendo and Creatures inc own just as much of the Pokemon franchise as Gamefreak does, and there is likely something in one of the contracts that state that all Pokemon games can only be created for Nintendo consoles. Game freak definitely can't take Pokemon wherever they want.

And if you can play it in your hands anywhere you want, then it is a handheld, so what is your point exactly? It is already confirmed that the Nintendo Switch is a console/handheld hybrid, so I fail to see what you're attempting here.
If they can only make games for Nintendo then why is there a Pokemon go?

Nintendo might own a share of Pokemon but I doubt it considering when go came out Nintendo stock shot thru the roof until everyone found out they didn't own pokemon and weren't making money off go.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score

Nintendo might own a share of Pokemon but I doubt it considering when go came out Nintendo stock shot thru the roof until everyone found out they didn't own pokemon and weren't making money off go.
As you can see in the opening screen of Pokemon go, it is a joint project between Niantic co. And TPCi (The Pokemon Company International- Which includes all the shareholders of Pokemon). Niantic decided to make an application, and TPCi allowed it, and the application gives TPCi credit.

I also guess that TPCi may have a share in Pokemon go, and have a small share of its profits, but don't quote me on that...

Reaction score
As you can see in the opening screen of Pokemon go, it is a joint project between Niantic co. And TPCi (The Pokemon Company International- Which includes all the shareholders of Pokemon). Niantic decided to make an application, and TPCi allowed it, and the application gives TPCi credit.

I also guess that TPCi may have a share in Pokemon go, and have a small share of its profits, but don't quote me on that...
I believe what Nintendo told their share holders was that they make minimal profits off of go.

So they probably have a small owner ship in pokemon, because they were also saying Nintendo was only pulling in a minimal amount of the money go was bringing in.

But we all know how loyal Japanese companies are, unless Nintendo goes out of the console business GF won't publish games anywhere else even tho they could.

Pokemon go only exists because Nintendo decided to go mobile,so it gave GF the opening

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
But we all know how loyal Japanese companies are, unless Nintendo goes out of the console business GF won't publish games anywhere else even tho they could.
Did you suddenly change your opinion? You were arguing that Pokemon could move to the PS4, and suddenly you say that GF won't do that?

Reaction score
Did you suddenly change your opinion? You were arguing that Pokemon could move to the PS4, and suddenly you say that GF won't do that?
Could and would are two different things.
I only used the ps4 as an example arguing against the just because it hasn't happened don't mean it will argument.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I hope that, if Stars exists, they add more ways to lower the chances of an opponent calling for help.

Toyosatomimi no Miko fangirl
Reaction score
I hope that, if Stars exists, they add more ways to lower the chances of an opponent calling for help.
Personally, I'd hope that they make it Adrenaline Orb only, BUT make it so that the calling for help happens at a set rate (say every 3-5 turns, the game checks if there's two there and if not, the Pokémon present will always call for help unless statused) and always works (so no "it's help didn't appear"). Would be a significantly less luck-based method of portraying the mechanic.

I once had a Ditto kill itself with struggle before it managed to call for help.

I dare you to read this title
Reaction score
Which would make it inconvenient for people searching for SOS-only Pokemon or better EVs. They need to fix a bunch of stuff with SOS battles, not just that.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I think a better idea would be to increase the chances of newer Pokemon appearing and pull some from being SOS exclusive to being able to be found regularly in the wild. I mean, Mareanie? That thing is insane and needs its encounter rate boosted, plus Corsola already has a pretty low rate.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Which would make it inconvenient for people searching for SOS-only Pokemon or better EVs.
Not really though, if you want that you just use an Adrenaline Orb, which you already should be doing if you're actively looking for SOS-Battles. But without an Adrenaline Orb, the calling rate could be a lot lower imo. The idea's fun, but a wild Pokémon almost always calling an ally when you're trying to catch it is annoying as hell.

I really like Glaceon Mage's idea though: make it Adrenaline Orb only, get rid of the SOS Battle exclusive Pokémon and get rid of the "help didn't appear" nonsense. That would make it perfect I think. But just lowering the calling rate when you don't use an Adrenaline Orb would already help a lot.

I dare you to read this title
Reaction score
Not really though, if you want that you just use an Adrenaline Orb, which you already should be doing if you're actively looking for SOS-Battles. But without an Adrenaline Orb, the calling rate could be a lot lower imo. The idea's fun, but a wild Pokémon almost always calling an ally when you're trying to catch it is annoying as hell.

I really like Glaceon Mage's idea though: make it Adrenaline Orb only, get rid of the SOS Battle exclusive Pokémon and get rid of the "help didn't appear" nonsense. That would make it perfect I think. But just lowering the calling rate when you don't use an Adrenaline Orb would already help a lot.
Yeah, that sounds about better (of course, assuming you mean "get rid of the SOS-exclusive Pokemon" as in "make them regularly available in the wild" :p).

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score

Gamefreak didn't even develop Pokemon GO, they were only involved with the project to a small degree. Gamefreak in no way decided on their own to go against Nintendo and ask someone to develop a game for mobile. Whatever your point was with this (which I don't really understand what it was exactly), it is invalid. As I stated before, Gamefreak can't just go and develop Pokemon Games by themselves for another console. It is Nintendo and Creatures inc together with Gamefreak that make up the Pokemon Company, and therefore, they have to be united on their decisions.

Reaction score
Shoot, if Stars is for the Switch, how about new Pokémon exclusive to Stars? Not just Alolan forms, but undiscovered entries.

Reaction score
Shoot, if Stars is for the Switch, how about new Pokémon exclusive to Stars? Not just Alolan forms, but undiscovered entries.
In that case, they'd be forced to release Marshadow.

Memeber
Reaction score
That seems unlikely to happen and if it did would likely tick off the players if they handled it like Or/As (In which only a grand total of 2 of the Mega Evolutions introduced in those games cannot be used in X/Y). Exclusive Alola Forms or Mega Evolutions are more likely because they don't add a space to a Pokedex.

Then again the existence of Mythical Pokemon already proves that Game Freak is willing to taunt players with empty gaps that can't be filled normally, and there is a slight possibility that they would release an update with data for the new pokemon but I wonder if that is even possible given the limited space without going over the edge of the 3DS's memory limits (though I guess we'll have to see the Bank update for that answer).