• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess they'll use the empty lots to give the trial captains gyms. I would hope that they would save them for the post-game rather than doing away with the trials, but I don't really care as I am not interested in the game.

Necrozma is likely to show up right after the Lusamine battle, I'd say. I wonder what factor will determine Nebby's final evolution.

I posted my views on Pokemon Star in the Generation VII confirmed thread, so I'll just copy-paste them here, adding some more bits regarding the 3DS...

Heading onto Pokemon Star, I think it can work if the same game is released for Nintendo Switch and the 3DS. I've got a theory that it might be the 'Parent Game' of XY and SM some people were taking about. The game could incorporate both their 'Star' regions- Alola and Kalos into one game. This game would contain the highlights of both Kalos and Alola. It could act as a 'Semi-Generation', introducing some more Megas and Alola forms. I would also like to see expansion on the Battle Bond, with more starters added which can have this as an ability.
Xerneas and Yevtal could get 'perfect forms', and there could be something in the way of a third legendary to complement Solgaleo and Lunala.

The Switch would be able to handle these games, I don't know about the 3DS, though. Pokemon Star(s) is just my idea of an unpredictable 'Epic' game. Pokemon Star could be the true anniversary game.

These games could contain both Gyms, and Island trials, and would focus on the best things of Kalos and Alola. They could expand on SM and XY's storylines, adding more areas, and maybe we could meet Lillie again?

It would be one epic game, acting as a bridge between XY and SM. This idea of a 'Semi-New Generation' would be surprising.

And, maybe they would create a 3DS version of these games, or the games could be used on a 3DS?

Stuff that I didn't add in the previous post...

I think this game will be heavy on lore and various forms of Pokemon. I think we'll see Alolan Forms and Megas from other regions. I think Pokemon will try to increase its sales, by luring all kinds of people to their games- be those be genwunners, or people who like to way of Kalos, and Unova.
This game should have the focus on all regions, and it'll have the chance to be one epic Pokemon game.

However, I see these games at the earliest in the end of 2017

Or gen 4 reamkes will have that and Stars is only a smokescreen,

This is actually disappointing for me. Sun & Moon were just released and already their third game counterpart with admittedly more features is due to be out in less than 4 months? I feel like that undermines Sun & Moon. I understand not everyone may purchase a Switch, or necessarily want one, but they honestly could have implemented Stars' features directly into Sun and Moon.

Regardless, I already have Moon (technically anyway), so I'll just be content with that. Hopefully Stars isn't a night and day difference like Diamond/Pearl and Platinum were.

This is actually disappointing for me. Sun & Moon were just released and already their third game counterpart with admittedly more features is due to be out in less than 4 months? I feel like that undermines Sun & Moon. I understand not everyone may purchase a Switch, or necessarily want one, but they honestly could have implemented Stars' features directly into Sun and Moon.

Regardless, I already have Moon (technically anyway), so I'll just be content with that. Hopefully Stars isn't a night and day difference like Diamond/Pearl and Platinum were.

It's also a giant middle finger for Kalos. They wouldn't give Kalos a third version, but they'll give SM one and make it a Switch launch title? Where's the logic in that decision?

This just invalidates everything they've been doing the last few years and really makes them look incompetent.

It's also a giant middle finger for Kalos. They wouldn't give Kalos a third version, but they'll give SM one and make it a Switch launch title? Where's the logic in that decision?

This just invalidates everything they've been doing the last few years and really makes them look incompetent.
Yes it does and it's one of many reasons why I think that this is fake.

If they do that, then that just proves my theory that Game Freak is secretly ashamed of Kalos due to not coming out as coherent as they would have liked due to Nintendo pushing them. I'd much rather Game Freak do something like Pokémon Z-clipse, the first single game to have two legendary mascots: Necrozma vs. Zygarde. However, that's nothing more than a pipe-dream of mine based off of a theory I have about Necrozma being the cause of Z-Power/Totem Power/Ultra Energy/whatever you want to call it.

Also, another thing that goes against this Pokémon Stars rumor would be that it would not be a smart decision from a business and financial perspective. Releasing Pokémon Stars it as a lunch title for the Switch in just four months would negatively impact that sales of SM since they would be released so close together.

If for some reason this rumor does come to pass, and that's a big 'if', they should do the following with it:
  • Patch new data into SM for battle compatibility so TPC doesn't have to create two different kinds of competitions for online battling. You can keep maintainability of the new stuff in Pokémon Stars though to give people a reason to buy it.
  • Since the possibility of getting new Megas is on-the-fence according to an interview for SM, give Flygon its own signature Z-Move as compensation so it has something that makes it stand out from Garchomp.
  • Actually explain why Zygarde is in Alola in the first place and/or give us a lore dump about its role in the Kalos mythos. Bonus points if the connection between it, Xerneas, and Yveltal gets some sort of explanation. Granted, Xerneas and Yveltal don't have to be in the game. Just finish giving them and Zygarde some lore other than "here's what their powers are."
  • Give Solgaleo and Lunala signature Z-Moves in addition to whatever Necrozma is getting. Seriously, I'm surprised that the mascots of all Pokémon didn't get signature Z-Moves, yet the Tapus did. That was kind of a letdown since their abilities were just renamed versions of Clear Body and Multiscale.
  • Give us move tutors.

Seriously though, I'm surprised people are believing this rumor. Isn't the fact that this announcement came just after SM's launch just a little suspicious?

I'd really rather have something to do with Z, or some Gen 4 remakes.
Where the hell is Z?
Does Game Freak hate XY? Its storyline is so incomplete, and there are many things the region lack. It needs some follow up.

The rumor source state that Stars uses the same map as Sun and Moon. <-- This makes me really disappointed and don't want it be true.
I don't want to use the same map twice.
I'd hope they at least change a bit of the map, like what they did to Black 2 and white 2.

Seriously though, I'm surprised people are believing this rumor.
They believe it because three different sources that previously leaked Switch information are backing it up.

Isn't the fact that this announcement came just after SM's launch just a little suspicious?
Eurogamer wanted people to make an informed decision about whether or not they should buy the games. I am not sure why they didn't leak the information earlier, though.

I have a feeling that we'll know sooner rather than later on if Stars is real. Maybe January or February?

I am hearing SM leave a lot of unfinished points, like different NPCs saying "I am going to build something here one day" or "this will become a giant fossil location one day" or Mina saying she will make a trial, etc. And I am also hearing speculation that those squares are building squares that could become Gyms in the future. Is this implied anywhere in the game?

Also, in general, are there many of those in the game? I hope not...

Last edited:
I don't think Stars is real and I hope not because gen 7 games should stay on same platform. Also Kalos is considered complete by GF so that makes it complete regardless of what some fans think.

Okay, this thought just occurred to me. We know how SM loves to make Kanto/Gen I references, right? Well, what if Stars was partially some sort of Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition reference where you either get some sort of special Pikachu or a Mimikyu as your starter Pokémon with the ability to pick up the Alola starters along the way? I think that would be a pretty neat throwback to the franchise's beginning!

If we end up starting with Pikachu, my bet is that's how we get Ash-Hat Pikachu.

Back
Top Bottom