• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see the Switch as the handheld tablet device that you can use on your television. So it's more of a handheld than a console.

I don't know. I think it's more effectively an "in between" as it also comes with its own removable controllers. I have a hard time seeing anything that has a plug-in base and TV connections as a handheld system...but at this point we're just arguing semantics.

That won't work. What about 3DS users who want to use Star? GF wouldn't do that to the fans. So Switch is likely to get gen 8 as the first main series games on it.
How do you know what gamefreak would do? I know you're Arceus but AFAIK he doesn't have omniscience [emoji14]

I also don't know if this is possible but It'd be cool if you could store your mons inside one of the detachable controllers so you can just keep that in your pocket ready to hook up with any switch with a Pokemon game and go.

How do you know what gamefreak would do? I know you're Arceus but AFAIK he doesn't have omniscience [emoji14]
I don't but I am one of the fans who wouldn't want them to move on to the Switch in the middle of gen 7. Just my opinion.

That won't work. What about 3DS users who want to use Star? GF wouldn't do that to the fans. So Switch is likely to get gen 8 as the first main series games on it.
You're not getting my point.

At some point, Game Freak is going to want to create Generation 8, and it would be on the Switch because by then, the 3DS would become obsolete. If you're the type to collect every main series Pokemon game, then you may as well get a Switch to prepare for the inevitable Generation 8, nevermind Stars.

You're not getting my point.

At some point, Game Freak is going to want to create Generation 8, and it would be on the Switch because by then, the 3DS would become obsolete. If you're the type to collect every main series Pokemon game, then you may as well get a Switch to prepare for the inevitable Generation 8, nevermind Stars.
Well yeah, if it is gen 8 then it bound to be on the Switch since it be time for a change of handheld. I haven't decided if I want gen 8 yet but I do want to get the next gen 7 games that I hope would be on 3DS.

That was about people who see rumors and leaks and immediately believe that it's real.

I think those are very few (or none at all), since most people begin their sentences with "If Stars is real..". Really, it's almost like saying that people shouldn't assume that leaks are real in the Rumors/Leaks thread. Since this thread is made for a specific leak, I don't think it is correct to bash down people who want to believe this is real.

Maybe for you but I have gotten all the games of gen 4, 5 and 6. Therefore I want the next gen 7 games on 3DS so I can complete the gen 7 series.

Really, that's almost like saying that Pokemon XY, SM, ORAS shouldn't have released since I don't have a 3DS.

I think you'll have to buy the Switch sooner or later, for Gen 8. It would be the same, except you'll have to get the Switch a bit earlier. I don't see the problem in this.

One thing is that, if it is JUST a third version, the sales will be too low.

So is stars confirmed now? Are Sun and moon the last games to be used on a 3DS?

What the hell? The only video games I play are pokemon! I do not want to get the switch or whatever just to play pokemon! They should have at least had the courtesy to finish the entire 7th generation on the same platform.

BTW, Do you think there is a chance for new Alola versions and new megas to be in Stars?

Really, that's almost like saying that Pokemon XY, SM, ORAS shouldn't have released since I don't have a 3DS.

Not quite. It's more like saying BW2 shouldn't have released on the 3DS so you don't have to buy a 3DS to see 5th gen resolved. And unlike apparently now, they had the sense to not do that.

So is stars confirmed now? Are Sun and moon the last games to be used on a 3DS?

No. Nothing is confirmed yet.

What the hell? The only video games I play are pokemon! I do not want to get the switch or whatever just to play pokemon! They should have at least had the courtesy to finish the entire 7th generation on the same platform.

Calm down, like I said, nothing is confirmed, yet. And think about, do you really want Game Freak to start getting used to the Switch for Gen 8? That'd make it so we get another X/Y - pretty game, lousy story.

The people who only buy consoles for Pokemon games shouldn't and won't hold the series back, and if they want to, then that's their own fault to begin with.

BTW, Do you think there is a chance for new Alola versions and new megas to be in Stars?

Why shouldn't there be? It's a third version. They even have a chance to give out more Alola forms if they want to take advantage of it being another universe.

I hope that if there are new Alolan Forms, please, please, please, let it be for Pokemon from other Generations. Generation 1 had its time.

So Laura Kate Dale (someone who is also very credible with Switch leaks arguably more accurate then Emily Rogers and maybe EuroGamer and is backing up EuroGamer claim about Pokemon Stars) has been apparently blacklisted by Nintendo. This means that she can't get anymore review copies of Nintendo games and go to any preview event for their upcoming games. Since she is saying EuroGamer is right about Stars this only makes it more likely.

View: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/801382097713819652

Well we know that at least something she leaked was right. Let's hope it is stars

She leaked the whole lineup a few days back so it might have something to do with it.

I hope it isn't. :/ Regardless if it's released on the Switch or the 3DS, it's way too soon. Way too soon. Sun and Moon have barely been out for a week. -_-

The game wouldn't be coming out until the end of next year though, so a year after Sun and Moon. This has happened with 7 other Pokémon games, Emerald was even released only 8 months after FRLG. You are all thinking it's to soon because it was leaked so soon, but the release date of it isn't soon at all.

I think you'll have to buy the Switch sooner or later, for Gen 8. It would be the same, except you'll have to get the Switch a bit earlier. I don't see the problem in this.

One thing is that, if it is JUST a third version, the sales will be too low.
No it isn't. All of gen 6 were on 3DS. Just as all of gen 5 and 4 were on DS. Gen 7 should follow suit otherwise it would upset fans like me. The Switch should have gen 8 as the first main games. A lot of fans would see the problem with the other half of gen 7 on a new handheld in my opinion. Pokemon Stars is not confirmed to be real yet and hopefully it is not.

Personally, I'm on the side of how Stars would still be a main series game being released really super close to games that it might nullify and make people regret buying a New 3DS/2DS just to play the game a year ago instead of saving that $75- $200 to go towords a switch.

I'm all for Stars if there's a 3DS version and the switch port has just a few minor graphical upgrades and extras that don't take away from the possible sequel-ness (like for example having the gyms/leauge be switch only vs. Having updated smoother graphics and maybe a post-game region or two on the switch.) of it. But personally, and if this is 100% true, they should just wait until gen VIII to utilize the switch.

The game wouldn't be coming out until the end of next year though, so a year after Sun and Moon. This has happened with 7 other Pokémon games, Emerald was even released only 8 months after FRLG. You are all thinking it's to soon because it was leaked so soon, but the release date of it isn't soon at all.

Fair enough...I guess that gives me more time to save up and mourn my Wii U (if I inevitably have to purchase one...ideally I'd like to wait as long as possible and would prefer them to start with Gen 8 on the Switch).

I know Game Freak has made a lot of wild changes to the franchise in the past few years especially, but I still feel like splitting up the current gen and putting the last game on a different console will be a risky move. I just don't know how many people are willing/interested in buying a seperate console for just one game (and yes, it has been said that "no one is forcing them," but as a fan who has followed the series since gen 1 and has picked up every Pokemon-playing system along the way, this is tough).

With so many rather reliable sources saying that Stars is real, then it probably is more likely to be real than fake.

But I'd be really disappointed , especially when it's said to have the same map.
I wouldn't want to be buying Switch so soon just to play VGC, without a significant amount of extra gaming content.
I usually wait for 2nd handed consoles.

With so many rather reliable sources saying that Stars is real, then it probably is more likely to be real than fake.
What reliable sources? There are no reliable sources other than Nintendo and Game Freak that would confirm it. Since neither confirms it, all other sources are fake until proven otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom