• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What reliable sources? There are no reliable sources other than Nintendo and Game Freak that would confirm it. Since neither confirms it, all other sources are fake until proven otherwise.
Eurogamer, Emily Rogers are all fairly reliable non-official sources and are very likely to get real leaks, AND are very unlikely to post any leaks that are unconvincing to them.

Having gone through the Chinese leak AND the Chinese Riddler leaks, I'm surprised that you are still thinking that Nintendo and GF were the only reliable sources.

inb4 people think Stars is Gen 7.5 lol

As for people getting blacklisted, what did you expect? It's liked trying to go online with a pirated copy before launch, Ninty are obviously going to come for you.

Fair enough...I guess that gives me more time to save up and mourn my Wii U (if I inevitably have to purchase one...ideally I'd like to wait as long as possible and would prefer them to start with Gen 8 on the Switch).

I know Game Freak has made a lot of wild changes to the franchise in the past few years especially, but I still feel like splitting up the current gen and putting the last game on a different console will be a risky move. I just don't know how many people are willing/interested in buying a seperate console for just one game (and yes, it has been said that "no one is forcing them," but as a fan who has followed the series since gen 1 and has picked up every Pokemon-playing system along the way, this is tough).
They aren't banking in existing pokemon fans to buy a switch solely for stars.

They're aiming for the console market and the people who refused to pick up the games because of the 3DS's low specs.

They aren't banking in existing pokemon fans to buy a switch solely for stars.

They're aiming for the console market and the people who refused to pick up the games because of the 3DS's low specs.

I feel like that market is pretty minimal compared to the rest of the fanbase, though. I don't know any fans of the [current gen] Pokemon franchise who don't have a 3DS at this point, aside from the ones who could never afford to buy one (or had one and sold it to help pay off debts)--which means they probably can't afford/won't buy a Switch, either.

I just don't know if alienating the existing fanbase in the middle of a generstion is going to balance out whatever potential profits they make off of casuals/newcomers buying a Switch to play this game.

Eurogamer, Emily Rogers are all fairly reliable non-official sources and are very likely to get real leaks, AND are very unlikely to post any leaks that are unconvincing to them.

Having gone through the Chinese leak AND the Chinese Riddler leaks, I'm surprised that you are still thinking that Nintendo and GF were the only reliable sources.
Yeah, I am pretty sure Eurogamer, Emily Rogers are not legit sources and I am not buying a second of their so called info. Chinese leak and Chinese Riddler got things wrong so not completely legit either.

Yeah, I am pretty sure Eurogamer, Emily Rogers are not legit sources and I am not buying a second of their so called info. Chinese leak and Chinese Riddler got things wrong so not completely legit either.

Now I'm not saying that Stars for Switch is a thing that's happening, but if you're not even willing to consider that Eurogamer and Emily Rogers might have some good info on their hands then I think it's pretty safe to say that you probably don't follow the video game industry very much..

They may not be "official" sources but their are points going for Stars being real...
1 Eurogamers leaked what the Switch would look like back in july and it was right
2 Someone who leaked the possible Switch lineup and included Stars, has been blacklisted by Nintendo
3 The PGL possibly hints at their being a 3rd Rockruff form, maybe an "Eclipse Form"
Those are hardly reasons to rely on those sources. We will know for sure when GF official reveals or not reveals the game.

Honestly I think its too soon for a big reveal and I'm not going to say Stars is either fake or real, but I think we should wait until maybe at least May 2017 to know for sure if its fake or real. I personally think a DPPt remake might be next, but we never know for sure.

Honestly I think its too soon for a big reveal and I'm not going to say Stars is either fake or real, but I think we should wait until maybe at least May 2017 to know for sure if its fake or real. I personally think a DPPt remake might be next, but we never know for sure.
This is what i am betting as well if Stars is real i think it will be around E3 since revealing it on January 12th would piss off a lot of people who bought Sun and Moon just 2 months earlier and while there will be quite of people will be annoyed it won't be much. Plus if they wait all the ways into June it would make a solid E3 announced since Nintendo will definitely save some 2016 game reveals for E3 i imagine.

I expect from Stars:

Combine exclusive clothing and new clothes and accessories.

Extension after the final boss and after the tender sweet moment Necrozma appears battle/catch it's new form story plays the same after not sure about the Solgaleo/Lunala fight maybe you can choose which one if you battle any one at all.

The empty lots will be filled for something

New game mechanic

All UBs are in the side story

Hopefully an after game quest with Lillie's new goal.

Use of 3D models for overworld not like the mod unoutline that some use but better.

Better frame rate

All exclusive Pokemon in one

More cameos in the Battle Tree

Maybe new areas

I expect from Stars:

Extension after the final boss and after the tender sweet moment Necrozma appears battle/catch it's new form story plays the same after not sure about the Solgaleo/Lunala fight maybe you can choose which one if you battle any one at all.

New game mechanic

Use of 3D models for overworld not like the mod unoutline that some use but better.

Better frame rate

Maybe new areas
All sounds good except for customization and game quest with Lillie. As long as Stars is on the 3DS then it be good to play. Otherwise it shouldn't be made at all.

I expect from Stars:

New game mechanic

Better frame rate

Maybe new areas
I also expect the return of triple and rotation battles since i am willing to bet the reason why they weren't in Sun and Moon was cause the 3DS just simply couldn't run them.

I also expect the return of triple and rotation battles since i am willing to bet the reason why they weren't in Sun and Moon was cause the 3DS just simply couldn't run them.

RT RT RT

Me and another user I've been chatting with really hope this, although I don't feel confident enough to say I'd "expect" both formats' return. But the Switch definitely should be able to run both without lag; if they're not on I'm getting my picket sign and flying myself to Gamefreak Headquarters

Didn't Nintendo say some place that though the switch is a thing and sort of handheld they intend on keeping at least the New 3DS around a bit longer?

Here's hoping, for the sake of the literal poor who either saved up the money for a 3DS as a one time treat for themselves or sold their 3DS to pay the bills will be able to still be able to either save up or play stars on a cheaper and/or easily obtainable system for them.

Like, to expand on what I said in my other post:

Things that should be in both ports of Stars (if a sequel):
  • Gyms
  • Full leauge
  • New MCs
  • Set two or more years after the events of Sun and Moon.
  • More clothing and hair options
  • Making the unaccessible buildings accessible with fun things to make smaller towns more lively.
  • More cameos.
  • Returns of the diffrent battle modes.
Things that should only be in Switch (if a sequel):
  • Smoother, HD, graphics.
  • Maybe all previous regions in one game as a post game. but nothing is updated other than the graphics and it has everything to do with messing with timelines so you fight everybody and they still look the same.

I am expecting many Switch game reveals at E3. Maybe they'll be shooting for the Stars at E3? :p
Yeah E3 should be a great time for Nintendo since they have several developers that have been silent for at least couple years.

Retro Studios (if they are missing during the January 12th event they have to show up at E3)

Monolithsoft (By then it would of been a little over 2 years since Xenoblade X was released so hopefully they show something)

Next Level Games (While they just made Metroid Prime Federation Force I have heard some rumors they are working on Luigi's Mansion 3)

Intelligent Systems (While Paper Mario Color Splash just released its would of been 2 years by of the time of E3 2017 since the Japanese released of Fire Emblem Fates so I am really hoping we get a new Fire Emblem game since Fates is my GOTY and my favorite 3DS game.)

Sakurai's next game (Its would be about 2 and a half years since Smash 4 so hopefully he has something to show)

RT RT RT

Me and another user I've been chatting with really hope this, although I don't feel confident enough to say I'd "expect" both formats' return. But the Switch definitely should be able to run both without lag; if they're not on I'm getting my picket sign and flying myself to Gamefreak Headquarters
GameFreak would be insane not to bring those those battle modes back in Stars since they would be going from a system that is roughly on par with the Gamecube and Wii to a system that is roughly in the middle of a Wii U and Xbox One. So I would just be baffled at whatever excuse they throw for why they weren't included.

Things that should only be in Switch (if a sequel):
  • Smoother, HD, graphics.
  • Maybe all previous regions in one game as a post game. but nothing is updated other than the graphics and it has everything to do with messing with timelines so you fight everybody and they still look the same.
Yeah, like GF is going to give us a game with all previous regions in one game especially without any updates. The day GF is going to make such a game is the day they are going to create Pokemon Rainbow. It is just not happening.

Back
Top Bottom