• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well if they do make stars for the switch I hope its dlc for sun and moon on the 3ds like how full burst was for storm 3 and road to boruto is for storm 4, theres no reason why this shouldn't still be on the 3ds

Stars would be a 3DS game. It is not realistic or smart to put the rest of gen 7 on a new handheld. 3DS users should be allowed to finish their collection of gen 7 games.

How many times do you need to post the exact same post without adding anything more to the discussion? This is atleast the third time you have posted in this thread that Pokémon Stars should be on the 3DS without really saying anything else. I believe we have all gotten your point by now.

Also, it should be noted that it isn't always up to Gamefreak as to what they do with their games. For all we know, Nintendo themselves have asked them to create Pokémon Stars for the Nintendo Switch.

I definitely think in the end that this is indeed a Nintendo driven release. Probably wanted Gen 7 to start on the switch, gamefreak saw that it wasn't coming out early enough, and they made a deal to launch 2 separate releases. I think that somewhere when it was decided to do an SM launch on the 3DS for this holiday was around the time Nintendo decided the Switch won't make Holiday 2016, cause if we were looking at a Holiday launch for it, we definitely would have been playing the final gen 6 game(s). All speculation, but I feel that a lot happened behind scenes which caused a lot of confusion and uncertainty in the franchise, cause the undertaking needed for sucha big cross media franchise to handle it is too big even for TPCi. This shows mostly with the Anime, they had to go through with the Z-Arc, and at some point they just went through the motions, perhaps even using dropprd concepts, like the Blue zygarde core.

I definitely think in the end that this is indeed a Nintendo driven release. Probably wanted Gen 7 to start on the switch, gamefreak saw that it wasn't coming out early enough, and they made a deal to launch 2 separate releases. I think that somewhere when it was decided to do an SM launch on the 3DS for this holiday was around the time Nintendo decided the Switch won't make Holiday 2016, cause if we were looking at a Holiday launch for it, we definitely would have been playing the final gen 6 game(s). All speculation, but I feel that a lot happened behind scenes which caused a lot of confusion and uncertainty in the franchise, cause the undertaking needed for sucha big cross media franchise to handle it is too big even for TPCi. This shows mostly with the Anime, they had to go through with the Z-Arc, and at some point they just went through the motions, perhaps even using dropprd concepts, like the Blue zygarde core.

I'm under the same impression.

I feel there is a good amount of evidence suggesting an uncomfortable U-turn in TPC and Game Freak's plans and that they were initially intending for Generation VI to end up with more games than it did. I don't think it was necessarily a traditional third version for XY, but whatever it was most likely did have Zygarde as a major focus, along with the Z-Ring and Z-Moves, all of which were carried over into the next generation instead.

Okay, if Stars turns out to be real, what type of Move Tutors do you see happening? I'd personally want Burn Out to join the mix since this move really seems to shake things up.

but whatever it was most likely did have Zygarde as a major focus, along with the Z-Ring and Z-Moves, all of which were carried over into the next generation instead.
No way were Z-moves originally designed for a Kalos game. They have nothing to do with Zygarde and they're essentially an alternative to Mega Evolution, which was the primary feature of Kalos.

Mitchman said:
I think that somewhere when it was decided to do an SM launch on the 3DS for this holiday was around the time Nintendo decided the Switch won't make Holiday 2016,
You think that their plan was to release Sun and Moon for the Switch this year? Come on.

Or if you think that Generation VI was supposed to last 4 years, then why would the Switch being delayed by a few months have changed that?

theres no reason why this shouldn't still be on the 3ds

I have several.

1. The reports of slowdown in the original 3DS models are pretty common. Lots of people have noticed this. I've even seen some slowdown on my New 3DS, but it's been nothing really that noticeable or enough to take away from the experience.

2. The lack of triple & rotation battles in Sun/Moon is an obvious clue to that the 3DS was not strong enough to support a triple battle in the Sun/Moon engine without significant slowdown to gameplay.

3. The complete removal of 3D from a 3DS game speaks for itself, and further backs the argument that the 3DS was incapable of running it efficiently enough to meet GF/Nintendo standards.

Okay, if Stars turns out to be real, what type of Move Tutors do you see happening?

Boomburst so Primarina can get it and rain down Liquid Voice Boomburst like it's raining candy canes at Christmas.

I wouldn't count it being fake as a fact just yet. It is unlikely, however, it is not confirmed to be fake, so we shouldn't be treating that as a fact until it becomes a fact.

"Pokemon Stars' is the rumoured codename, not the actual name. If the game is real, then it could be Pokémon Eclipse, or any other name.

I am not getting my hopes up that it is real, however, there are certain things that gives it credential. The fact that it comes from credible sources is one thing. Plus, I'm not sure if you noticed, but there are several places that are 'currently being built' that weren't built in post game. Places like the fossil restoration centre. Why include that fossil restoration centre if it was never going to be built? Unless it is a hint that it will be built in another game, like 'Pokémon Stars' for instance. I know the NPC there restores fossils, but they could have easily done that without having an unfinished centre around.

How many times do you need to post the exact same post without adding anything more to the discussion? This is atleast the third time you have posted in this thread that Pokémon Stars should be on the 3DS without really saying anything else. I believe we have all gotten your point by now.

Also, it should be noted that it isn't always up to Gamefreak as to what they do with their games. For all we know, Nintendo themselves have asked them to create Pokémon Stars for the Nintendo Switch.
First off, no one is treating it as fact so stop assuming that some of us do. It is likely to be fake because no gen should have the other half of their games on a new handheld system.

Second off, I have not posted the same post and I have added more to discussion. You are not really adding anything to discussions so don't take it out on me.

I think Zygarde definitely was meant to have its own game initially. Thousand Waves and Arrows were included in XY coding. Terminus cave is even in the shape of Zygarde Complete. Also in Sun/Moon there's just this random stone with Core colours floating in a tank which isn't even given a name, it was probably originally going to play a part in the games, like the Tree/Cocoon. Even in the text of Sun/Moon, they can't figure out a reason why this is in Alola not Kalos, they specifically reference that it's strange.

So Stars will be the attempt to make Sun and Moon function better and to its fullest capabilities. It should definitely be Switch-exclusive then, in my opinion. Making it for the 3DS would just be the same problems and not really fix anything.

First off, no one is treating it as fact so stop assuming that some of us do. It is likely to be fake because no gen should have the other half of their games on a new handheld system.

Second off, I have not posted the same post and I have added more to discussion. You are not really adding anything to discussions so don't take it out on me.

When you say, "It is definitely fake" That means you say there is no chance of it being true, which means you are treating it like a fact. Don't use the word 'definitely', if you're portraying something as opinion. We have been through this several times now.

I have added to the discussion. I have added my points of views to the discussion and stated why I believe those things, or did you simply choose to ignore it?

I am personally hoping that Pokémon Stars is real. Although seemingly unlikely at this point, the Nintendo Switch will run the game much better than what the 3DS can. While fine for the most part, Double battles in Pokémon Sun are noticeably laggy. The Nintendo Switch will likely fix that issue.

So Stars will be the attempt to make Sun and Moon function better and to its fullest capabilities. It should definitely be Switch-exclusive then, in my opinion. Making it for the 3DS would just be the same problems and not really fix anything.
Good thing that it wouldn't be on Switch in my opinion.

When you say, "It is definitely fake" That means you say there is no chance of it being true, which means you are treating it like a fact. Don't use the word 'definitely', if you're portraying something as opinion. We have been through this several times now.

I have added to the discussion. I have added my points of views to the discussion and stated why I believe those things, or did you simply choose to ignore it?

I am personally hoping that Pokémon Stars is real. Although seemingly unlikely at this point, the Nintendo Switch will run the game much better than what the 3DS can. While fine for the most part, Double battles in Pokémon Sun are noticeably laggy. The Nintendo Switch will likely fix that issue.
I never said that but it looks so obviously fake that is might as well fake. I don't use definitely in my posts. No you didn't, all you do is argue with me. Stars being on Switch sounds so fake that there is no point in believing in the rumor in my opinion.

Stars and Gen IV remakes have something in common. They're both based on simple assumptions. Gen IV remakes are at least foreshadowed in SM while nothing currently points to Stars ever being a thing.

I don't think it was necessarily a traditional third version for XY, but whatever it was most likely did have Zygarde as a major focus, along with the Z-Ring and Z-Moves, all of which were carried over into the next generation instead.

I'm honestly baffled that some seem to think Z-Moves were meant to be introduced in a later Generation 6 game. That definitely wasn't going to be the case.

It's pretty clear that Z-Moves are content meant to hype up a new Generation.

Stars and Gen IV remakes have something in common. They're both based on simple assumptions.

Except Stars has sources backing it up. Gen 4 remakes don't.

Gen IV remakes are at least foreshadowed in SM while nothing currently points to Stars ever being a thing.

I've played through Sun/Moon and I haven't seen anything that foreshadows a Gen 4 remake.

No way were Z-moves originally designed for a Kalos game. They have nothing to do with Zygarde and they're essentially an alternative to Mega Evolution, which was the primary feature of Kalos.

I'm honestly baffled that some seem to think Z-Moves were meant to be introduced in a later Generation 6 game. That definitely wasn't going to be the case.

It's pretty clear that Z-Moves are content meant to hype up a new Generation.

In hindsight my original post was poorly worded, that's not exactly what I meant.

I'm suggesting that, at the very least, the naming scheme of the feature we have now (with the use of "Z") may have been influenced by a gimmick in development for a new Kalos game. I'm not saying that the Z-Ring and Z-Moves as we know them now were originally from a cancelled Generation VI outing, just that Sun and Moon may have been influenced by things that never saw the light of day. Is that not plausible?

I don't use definitely in my posts.
From an earlier post:
Stars is definitely fake. For one, a gen 7 game that is put on a different handheld gave it away. Second, Stars makes no sense as a title since Sun is technically a star itself. Eclipse is most logical but then again so was Z and Grey so the title could be unexpected. The next gen 7 games are definitely on 3DS.

Twice in one post! :O

Except Stars has sources backing it up. Gen 4 remakes don't.
Actually it doesn't. It comes from websites that can be wrong at times. Not exactly reliable sources. I did notice some Sinnoh references in SM.

From an earlier post:
Stars is definitely fake. For one, a gen 7 game that is put on a different handheld gave it away. Second, Stars makes no sense as a title since Sun is technically a star itself. Eclipse is most logical but then again so was Z and Grey so the title could be unexpected. The next gen 7 games are definitely on 3DS.

Twice in one post! :O
I don't recall. All I want is for gen 7 to continue on 3DS. Is that too much to ask?

I personally would not like to see another game on the 3ds. New games will obviously have better graphics than the previous so it will be unplayable on the 3ds.
It's time to move onto a new machine!

Back
Top Bottom