• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No way were Z-moves originally designed for a Kalos game. They have nothing to do with Zygarde and they're essentially an alternative to Mega Evolution, which was the primary feature of Kalos.

You think that their plan was to release Sun and Moon for the Switch this year? Come on.

Or if you think that Generation VI was supposed to last 4 years, then why would the Switch being delayed by a few months have changed that?
A new system that has a Holiday season under its belt would be a much easier thing to justify launching an entirely new era for the Franchise then a system that launches in the spring. Unlike the transition to the DS, which was launched relatively early into gen 3s life cycle and was a much different system to develop for, the transition to Switch would have been relatively easy with the Pokemon models already in place, and SM is punching above its weight category on the 3DS, which says a lot for what they are aiming with it. But yeah, if I was gamefreak and saw that the next potential platform for Pokemon was going to already have a holiday season under its belt, I would be way less wary to launch Gen 7, as the userbase would be much larger then what it will be come next December.

You guys are pretending that the 3DS is this old system that should be abandoned. It's not. The 3DS is far more capable than you think. Quite a few companies will still supply the 3DS with games well after the Switch is released, including Level 2. If Yokai Watch can stay on the 3DS, why can't Pokemon?
Its a near 6 year old handheld running on 2002 technology. When Nintendo said they are going to support the 3DS till 2018, that probably is meant for Pokemon alone, or near to it. Next year is not going to be any better then this year, and once the floodgates for Switch announcements open, Level 5 is gonna drop it like a bad habit.
It would be nice if we could all just talk about what we could expect if Stars happens rather than spending many pages arguing around in circles about if its real or not, or which console it should be on.
That's the thing though. If the game continues on the 3DS, then I could see them adding in a ton of dual screen features that were lacking in SM because of the uncertainty as to which platform its launching on. If it comes out on Switch, I can see the feature set being more region heavy, with the empty lots being filled in, some new dungeons that could have been in the game happening(Mahalo Forest anyone? Or perhaps a proper Volcano cave in Wela Park, and so on so forth), and perhaps additional Ride options. The platform its happening on is a valid talking point methinks, as the platform itself is going to be the deciding factor on how they improve the games.

It would be nice if we could all just talk about what we could expect if Stars happens rather than spending many pages arguing around in circles about if its real or not, or which console it should be on.

It doesn't help that we have a very vocal minority who refuses to even speculate on the existence of stars or to allow other people to speculate because they are completely incapable of even thinking about the possibility that pokemon might move on to the switch before they themselves are personally ready to buy one. Not to mention there's going to be months to save up for a switch even if Stars gets confirmed in Janurary.

I think it wouldn't really hurt that much for Pokemon to move back to one screen with a traditional controller setup. the lack of convinience of the touchscreen would be a pain but I can see myself getting over it. A simple hotkey to instantly bring up the menu/rotomdex would more than suffice for the overworld. The Joycons appear to have a joystick and 4 face buttons which is more than enough to handle the controls of pokemon on the go or to play Co-op/multiplayer so that's all good too.

I think it wouldn't really hurt that much for Pokemon to move back to one screen with a traditional controller setup. the lack of convinience of the touchscreen would be a pain but I can see myself getting over it.

New rumors suggest that the Switch's screen may actually be multi-touch, akin to modern smartphones and tablets. We'll find out in January.

New rumors suggest that the Switch's screen may actually be multi-touch, akin to modern smartphones and tablets. We'll find out in January.

I think I didn't properly explain my thoughts back then so I'll try again.

I've heard that the switch has an either or relationship with the TV. You can't have the portable screen play concurrently with the TV AFAIK, unlike the Wii U. This means that the switch will always be a single screen experience instead of having 2 separate connected ones. I'm thusly hoping that the UI gets tweaked for single screen usage rather than garishly cut the screen in half to fit 2 smaller "screens" on the portable controller.

I think I didn't properly explain my thoughts back then so I'll try again.

I've heard that the switch has an either or relationship with the TV. You can't have the portable screen play concurrently with the TV AFAIK, unlike the Wii U. This means that the switch will always be a single screen experience instead of having 2 separate connected ones. I'm thusly hoping that the UI gets tweaked for single screen usage rather than garishly cut the screen in half to fit 2 smaller "screens" on the portable controller.

Ah, I see. I thought you were just worried about losing the convenience of touch controls, which could still exist so long as the game supports them. But yes, the Switch is 100% confirmed to be a purely single screen experience.

Two things:

1. They should bundle the Switch with Stars for the holidays 2017. That should boost some sales.

2. Add more Fire-types in Stars. There's NO Fire-types at all on Poni Island. >-<

I'd like a link to the source that confirms this.

Doesn't play 3DS cartridges. Digital versions exist.
Still doesnt change my opinion on the matter. Gen 7 is likely to remain on 3ds so the stars rumor must be fake.

One of the big switch rumors is a Mario X Rabbids RPG, and ubisoft just posted an anniversary video with Mario/Luigi Rabbids. Both the Pokemon Stars and this rumor are from the same sources, sooooo....

It's kindof irrelevant, but Masuda stated interest in developing for the New 3DS in the run up to ORAS. I wonder if we'd see a main series game that's exclusive to the New 3DS.

If Stars was to include features such as 3D and triple/rotation battles, then I wonder if a New 3DS version would be possible alongside the Switch version.

Agree to disagree. I am sticking with my opinion that gen 7 should remain on 3DS.

To me it is robbery because not only does it forces dedicated fans to buy the console but it cuts off the game from Sun and Moon. I don't like that at all. We have to agree to disagree on this.
The thing is, you aren't reasonably backing up this opinion at all.

Your entire argument is "I don't want it to happen, therefore it won't" in basically all your posts, without any real substance to back it up,
It be easier to put the game on 3DS. Plus there is some negative stuff about Switch which I don't like. And this is different. The whole of gen 6 was on 3DS and not half of it. Splitting gen 7 between 3DS and Switch is a bad move in my opinion. Agree to disagree on this.
What, logically, makes the decision bad for Nintendo? It would get them a Switch playerbase.
Why is splitting a generation such a big deal? How is it different from intergenerational system swap? And "I don't want it to happen, because it would make me buy a Switch" is not a valid argument here, because it doesn't force you to buy a Switch. No one in GameFreak or Nintendo is holding a knife to your throat, you can just skip the game. By this logic, I could say "the OoT remake should have been on the DS, because I don't have a 3DS." OoT 3D was on 3DS to sell 3DS's. Hypothetical Stars on Switch is on Switch to sell Switch. How is this different from the aforementioned OoT3D scenario? In both cases, it's selfish reasoning that if actually held, would cause the industry to still be using 8-bit systems primarily.
Still doesnt change my opinion on the matter. Gen 7 is likely to remain on 3ds so the stars rumor must be fake.
Again, you haven't really provided a valid reason why Nintendo would want the game on 3DS, or why it's likely to remain there, beyond "I don't want to buy a Switch."
And there are the absolutes you were previously denying, again.

It's kindof irrelevant, but Masuda stated interest in developing for the New 3DS in the run up to ORAS. I wonder if we'd see a main series game that's exclusive to the New 3DS.

If Stars was to include features such as 3D and triple/rotation battles, then I wonder if a New 3DS version would be possible alongside the Switch version.
Yeah I have a feeling that no matter what happens Sun and Moon will be the last Pokemon games that can run on the old 3DS and 2DS. There is really nothing Gamefreak can do with their hardware anymore.

Yeah I have a feeling that no matter what happens Sun and Moon will be the last Pokemon games that can run on the old 3DS and 2DS. There is really nothing Gamefreak can do with their hardware anymore.

This is true. I highly doubt Gen VIII will be featured on the 3DS as they have already pretty much reached their limits with Pokémon Sun and Moon. If anything, having Pokémon Stars on the Nintendo Switch will greatly benefit Gamefreak in the future. Using Pokémon stars to test out the capabilities on the Nintendo Switch will greatly improve the likelihood of the first games in gen VIII being amazing.

And we all know that Pokémon will likely be moving to the switch, everyone is going to have to purchase one sooner or later if they want to continue playing Pokémon. What's the difference between getting a Nintendo Switch for gen VIII and getting one a little earlier to get Pokémon stars? Anyone complaining that they don't want Pokémon Stars on Nintendo Switch because they will have to get a console, will have to do that sooner or later anyway.

So you just pulled the battery life statement out of thin air then. I'll be sure to ignore any further mention of that in the future.

He mentioned it because LKD reported that the DEV UNIT had poor battery life.
What Arceus doesn't understand is that DEV UNITS and the consumer products will differ. There is no need for a good battery in the dev kit.

Also TX1 reported in the dev kit is very power hungry and it was over clocked so it would drain the battery before you know it but Switch won't have a TX1 but a custome chip build on Pascal most likely

Without full knowledge of the specs or battery life in the consumer model we can't really comment on how viable of a handheld it is. It can't really be any worse than the N3DS XL battery life XD

Pokemon has always been a portable series, at least on the mainline games. The best sellers in the franchise are all on handhelds. It's expected at this point. The Switch is a handheld, portable device. That's a key part of what it's being marketed as. There is an astronomically small chance that a mainline Pokmeon game will not be developed for a more powerful but still just as portable device.

So some things I'd want from Stars:

-Return of the missing battle formats

-On a minor note, different battle backgrounds on wifi. On the 3DS it was somewhat understandable, if unfortunate but on a much more powerful system there is no excuse.

-Some more customization options, one of these days we'll hopefully get at least Battle Revolution level if it but I don't expect as much this time around. I liked the idea of having a base body type and tweaking it from there.

-Some other battle places then just the Battle Tree.

-We all miss X/Y and ORAS quick level up methods, hopefully something to make it far less of a pain.

There are others but its early in the morning but this is on the top of my head.

The only reason we missed out on the extra battle formats in SM (from my understanding) is because the hardware wasn't able to handle it anymore. So those should be coming back on a more powerful system.

The only reason we missed out on the extra battle formats in SM (from my understanding) is because the hardware wasn't able to handle it anymore. So those should be coming back on a more powerful system.

I currently have the New 3DS and even it gets some bad drops and freezez some times. I wonder how bad it is on the old ones. I can only imagine what those two other formats would do to the system.

Back
Top Bottom