• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(again, note that you cannot evolve Cosmoen in Ultra Space at all in Sun and Moon, while Rockruff and the Starters would most likely have already fully evolved by that point anyways).

When you trade a Cosmoem/starter/Rockruff that's ready to level up in order to evolve, they'd still evolve in the evolutions they normally do. It's not impossible for a Cosmoem to evolve in Ultra Space when considering trading.

Do you think that Dream Park thing will be fully functional in Pokemon Stars? You know that guy on route 8 (I think) who wants to create a park filled with fossil Pokemon?

I think that would be super cool. In a way I've always thought it funny how there wasn't a safari zone kind of area for fossil Pokemon. I mean we know they can revive fossils well enough at this point. The Pokemon world having it's own "Jurassic Park" makes sense.

Also I wonder if Stars turns out to be like a sequel (which seems probable) if Lillie will appear as a Pokemon trainer.

What I think would be the line up of gym leaders and elite four for pokemon stars if it is a sequel for sun and moon

Gym Leaders:
Ilima
Lana
Kiawe
Mallow
Sophocles
Nanu
Hapu
Mina

Elite Four:
Hala
Olivia
Acerola
Kahili

I know it is predictable but what would ur guess would be?

Remember when Emily Rogers stated that Breath of the Wild would have a female link and Nintendo said it didn't? Well Nintendo may of lied about if this is a hint they left in the newest trailer for Breath Of The Wild and if this is a female Link then it makes the existence of Stars even more likely.

hqdefault.jpg

Remember when Emily Rogers stated that Breath of the Wild would have a female link and Nintendo said it didn't? Well Nintendo may of lied about if this is a hint they left in the newest trailer for Breath Of The Wild and if this is a female Link then it makes the existence of Stars even more likely.

hqdefault.jpg

I believe what you are looking at is Zelda herself. The Zelda of Breath of the Wilds.

Beside, they would have told us about a female Link months ago at E3 if that they were going to do it, not lie and risk Internet outrage.

So Stars would require something more concrete than Emily Rogers. Like other sources or Mother 3.

When I comes to LoZ I don't think we'll get female Link or playable Zelda
Everyone has been asking for that and Aunoma said no.
BUT what we haven't asked is if there would be another playable character! A female protagonist that isn't Link

I'm pretty confident the girl is BotW's Zelda. Nintendo has no reason to outright deny female Link exists and deal with the ensuing disappointment/backlash if it's just going to exist anyway.

When I comes to LoZ I don't think we'll get female Link or playable Zelda
Everyone has been asking for that and Aunoma said no.
BUT what we haven't asked is if there would be another playable character! A female protagonist that isn't Link
Aonuma did mention some interest in using Linkle from HWL for something if I'm remembering right.
Linkle to be Considered for Future Legend of Zelda Titles

However, he also noted that putting Zelda as the main protagonist (which is what the team considered the "simplest" thing to do for having a female protagonist) would leave poor Link with nothing to do.
Why Zelda: Breath of the Wild Won't Have a Female Hero

Make of that what you will.

As for the Mother 3 thing, at this point I'm fairly certain that it won't be localized. They missed their chances to announce it by now.

So... we aren't really gaining any credibility on Stars from this.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident the girl is BotW's Zelda. Nintendo has no reason to outright deny it exists and deal with the ensuing disappointment/backlash if it just going to exist anyway.

Aonuma did mention some interest in using Linkle from HWL for something if I'm remembering right.
Linkle to be Considered for Future Legend of Zelda Titles

However, he also noted that putting Zelda as the main protagonist (which is what the team considered the "simplest" thing to do for having a female protagonist) would leave poor Link with nothing to do.
Why Zelda: Breath of the Wild Won't Have a Female Hero

Make of that what you will.

As for the Mother 3 thing, at this point I'm fairly certain that it won't be localized. They missed their chances to announce it by now.

So... we aren't really gaining any credibility on Stars from this.
This means that the sources in favor of Stars aren't as credible as people think they are.

This means that the sources in favor of Stars aren't as credible as people think they are.
That's not really what I meant.

Eurogamer and Dale do have credibility and have gotten things right, but the BotW trailer doesn't really add to the credibility from what I can see.

The trailer is official. The source is Nintendo themselves here. So you want to say they aren't credible?

Still waiting on that credible source of yours that proves the switch has bad battery life.

Was an actual trailer for Stars released?
At Game Awards?

No.

Only stuff I've seen from it is Zelda stuff, though, I haven't watched the whole thing.

If it is in the works, it wouldn't be at GameAwards, since Nintendo said no Switch-only stuff til January.

It's still quite soon after SM to reveal it, too.

I don't think that game will sell well, if it's real. Third versions usually only sell around 3-8 million copies. Lock it behind a $300 console and the sales will be worse. SM players won't buy it because it would be something that they have already played. Also, there will be no Bank compatibility because the Switch has no backwards compatibility with the 3DS, making it another Gen 3 situation and an even worse compatibility problem than XY and ORAS!

No game in history has failed to sell because someone had to buy the console for it. That is a rule that applies to literally every video game ever.

As for Bank compatibility, that's easily solved. Download the Bank off of the eshop to your Switch. It's all Cloud based.

I don't think that game will sell well, if it's real. Third versions usually only sell around 3-8 million copies.

What kind of world do you live in where 3-8 million copies, especially one for a new console sold is bad?

Lock it behind a $300 console and the sales will be worse

250. At least look up the facts before spouting random speculation. You're just as bad as the guy who thought the switch would debut in 2018.

SM players won't buy it because it would be something that they have already played.
I'm a SM player, and I'll gladly get it again for the switch just for the tech improvements.

Also, there will be no Bank compatibility

The source confirmed bank compatibility.

because the Switch has no backwards compatibility with the 3DS

Don't know how many times I have to remind you that not being able to play physical cartridges=/= being incompatible with the games.

making it another Gen 3 situation and an even worse compatibility problem than XY and ORAS!

This is nothing like Gen 3.

While I say now I won't buy Stars if there's no change but graphics(I severly doubt that's the case) but even if it was, I'd probably get it just right away. My line of thinking is the main line Pokemon series has to move on eventually; we all knew as good as the 3DS was, it was slowly getting up there in age. I love the system, but eventually it comes a point where keeping on it holds things back.

That all said, it would be foolish in my opinion not to add a few things at least espeically given that while in some sense building a new base with Switch, they'd still want to entice older fans who brought Sun and Moon already, so I don't think anyone has to worry.

Honestly, after what Nintendo has done with Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World being on both a console and handheld, it makes sense that they would move their big handheld franchise forward onto a console platform.

3DS is really being pushed to its limits with Sun and Moon, and it was obvious that Game Freak had to cut corners to keep the games going on this system.

I don't think that game will sell well, if it's real. Third versions usually only sell around 3-8 million copies. Lock it behind a $300 console and the sales will be worse. SM players won't buy it because it would be something that they have already played. Also, there will be no Bank compatibility because the Switch has no backwards compatibility with the 3DS, making it another Gen 3 situation and an even worse compatibility problem than XY and ORAS!
1. It will sell
2. The system won't even cost that much
3. People will buy it even those who bought Sun and Moon
4. Do you even know how data works?
5. In Gen 3 they reworked the mechanic making it incompatible with Gen 1 and 2 because of changes. Every Gen afterwards has been build on top of the Gen 3 framework. Also XY and ORAS are compatible, GF choose to not patch XY as a reason for you to purchase ORAS.

Back
Top Bottom