• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After careful consideration and thinking, I think that if Stars is on Switch then it should be more than a standard third version. Story expanded and larger post game which could be another region. Kanto or Kalos would be more likely than others or we could get a brand new region altogether. Sinnoh should be saved for remakes.

Stars should be bigger if it is indeed real and on Switch in my opinion. The amount of content in it should be big enough to give Stars a reason to be on the Switch. I am willing to accept GF's choice in putting it on Switch but I want it to be different from regular third versions. That is assuming that Stars is a single game.

You're expecting too much if you think they are going to put 2 regions in one game.

You're expecting too much if you think they are going to put 2 regions in one game.
I don't think that's particularly fair given that we've had the exact same thing happen before. Given that the Switch will allow for more data to be stored on cartridges. There is the chance at including a secondary region.

However, I do not think it will be Kalos or Kanto if that is the case. While the games are murky on how the Pokemon world is laid out the regional connections have mostly aligned with real world geography. Kanto and Johto's counterparts are actually neighboring regions of Japan. That's part of what inspired the connection they share in GSC.

Unova is said to be quite far from the original four regions, much like NYC is. And while Hawaii is much closer to Japan than NYC is, I think it would a stretch to include Kanto in an Alolan game. And we also have to consider that if Kanto is ever added that Johto is still adjacent to it.

Well it doesn't have to be an older region. It could be a smaller region. GSC and HGSS had two regions so it is not out of the question. Regardless, I stand by my previous opinion on the reasons that Stars would be on Switch.

I don't think that's particularly fair given that we've had the exact same thing happen before. Given that the Switch will allow for more data to be stored on cartridges. There is the chance at including a secondary region.

However, I do not think it will be Kalos or Kanto if that is the case. While the games are murky on how the Pokemon world is laid out the regional connections have mostly aligned with real world geography. Kanto and Johto's counterparts are actually neighboring regions of Japan. That's part of what inspired the connection they share in GSC.

Unova is said to be quite far from the original four regions, much like NYC is. And while Hawaii is much closer to Japan than NYC is, I think it would a stretch to include Kanto in an Alolan game. And we also have to consider that if Kanto is ever added that Johto is still adjacent to it.

Well XY was about 2 GB and 3DS gamecards are 8GB, by that logic we could have gotten 4 regions on a 3DS game. So while yes there definitely is the space for one I just can't see gamefreak putting in that much extra effort for Stars tbh.

Pretty much the only thing that would be going for Unova being a second region is NY and Hawaii being in the same country irl, but they're not actually close geographically.

If anything would be a second region in SM, the most likely pick would be Kanto (possibly alongside Johto), in my opinion. There's already a lot of Kanto references in the game, might as well throw it in if second region post game is a direction they want to go.

I personally would prefer Unova, though, because Gen V bias.

Please no more 2 regions
I know it's a fan favorite but I think GSC is the blandness and least interesting region because of it.
Your adventure through Johto feels so short and rushed that I barely remember anything about it. It's like they wanted to get you through the main game quickly so they could surprise you with Kanto, again.
Build up a region and make it interesting and tell a story in it.

Please no more 2 regions
I know it's a fan favorite but I think GSC is the blandness and least interesting region because of it.
Your adventure through Johto feels so short and rushed that I barely remember anything about it. It's like they wanted to get you through the main game quickly so they could surprise you with Kanto, again.
Build up a region and make it interesting and tell a story in it.

I agree. I like Johto and GSC, but I am no fan of the two-region structure.

I'd rather want them to focus on improving Alola rather than focus on two regions. There's always room for improvement.

Well it doesn't have to be an older region. It could be a smaller region. GSC and HGSS had two regions so it is not out of the question. Regardless, I stand by my previous opinion on the reasons that Stars would be on Switch.

I'm glad to see you so open minded for once.

I'm willing to bet that if Stars is real, then they will add quite a lot to it. Gamefreak stopped doing third versions to begin with, and I highly doubt that they are going to bring it back without making them newer and better than how they used to do. I think we can expect a great game out of Pokémon Stars, even if it is a third version.

3DS is really being pushed to its limits with Sun and Moon, and it was obvious that Game Freak had to cut corners to keep the games going on this system.
Triple battles, rotation battles, horde encounters, and super training to name a few. With more data able to be stored, they probably could implement things like this again.

I don't miss super training. I don't like being forced to go through it just for some evolution stones in XY

And not just content from the past Gen that was cut either.

I mean why not animate the character opening a gate, or showing the ferries moving across the water (even in a few second cutscene-type deal like the ferries in FireRed/LeafGreen)?..

Speculation of Stars:
  • Necrozma is mascot of the game(s)
  • Necrozma has a new form(s) with a boost to BST.
  • Panola Town would have it's citizens returned after main story is over.
  • More returning characters such as Lance, Steven, Diantha and others.
  • Pokedex is expanded to 400 - 500.
  • Older legendaries appear in game such as Xerneas and Yveltal.
  • Brand new mega evolutions are available such as Johto starters.
  • New exclusive Z moves for pokemon like Turtonator for example.
  • New areas in post game.
All I got so far. Whether it is 3DS or Switch, it is up to GF to decide the fate of the games.

Last edited:
Has anyone opted the possibility that they can simply add more Alola Islands instead of a second region? If Stars is real, I am almost certain that it would be far from your usual third version. Put usual in quotes there, since its been almost a decade since they did that last time. I'm almost certain because of what they din in the Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Technically remakes, yes. But look at how they differentiate from the original. They can do the same with Stars. Start from a different Island, more side quests, bring back gyms, more totems. All possible, but we are to much in the dark to fundamentally speculate on it really.

Triple battles, rotation battles, horde encounters, and super training to name a few. With more data able to be stored, they probably could implement things like this again.

I severely hope they bring all these back, more so the battle formats. Hordes could be improved to be even more convenient for EV training.

Has anyone opted the possibility that they can simply add more Alola Islands instead of a second region? If Stars is real, I am almost certain that it would be far from your usual third version. Put usual in quotes there, since its been almost a decade since they did that last time. I'm almost certain because of what they din in the Ruby and Sapphire remakes. Technically remakes, yes. But look at how they differentiate from the original. They can do the same with Stars. Start from a different Island, more side quests, bring back gyms, more totems. All possible, but we are to much in the dark to fundamentally speculate on it really.
I mean, I get that the Hawaiian islands are constantly growing and sinking due to changes in volcanic activity, but I'm not sure we should expect whole new islands to pop up. That would require a drastic rework of the game's structure.

Also, I still found it weird how the 3 year difference between BW and BW2 led to the development of 3 whole new cities.

Also, I still found it weird how the 3 year difference between BW and BW2 led to the development of 3 whole new cities.
Pretty sure the cities were always there, they just weren't relevant to visit.

Though considering what Pokemon can do, I really don't think its that weird to have entire cities built in a short period of time.

My hope for Stars is that they have an Elite 4 with unique trainers, and not trainers you encountered as Trial Captains and Kahunas...or at least follow up to show who replaced the old Trial Captains/Kahunas from their position. I'd imagine that they can't hold both.

Last edited:
I had an idea. What if Alola Region is converted into Ultra Space over time?
The Ultra Space will be expanding, because the UBs want more space. And soon, the whole Alola Region will be under Ultra Space Area. Ultra Beasts will become capable of roaming around the region, and it will lead to a massive war between the UBs and the Tapus. The Tapus will lose, and over time, people will get used to living in Ultra Space.

The UBs will find a way to fuse with more people, and form 'Grunts' (a la Lusamine-Nihilego) of the UB organisation. The Player's mission will be to clear the trials+gyms fusion, clear the league, and help Alola get rid of Ultra Space energy.
There won't be a villainous organisation, but the UBs will be the villains.

Due to Ultra Space energy, some Pokemon willl develop new Alolan Forms, and new Forms for Lycanroc, and the Starters, which will focus on Stars and light.
Cosmoem will evolve into Necrozma due to this mutation.
This is the (my thought) Storyline of Stars.

I thought that the Fully Evovled starters in the 'Prism' Forms would change their typing. I noticed that the Alolan Starters are strong against their Kalos counterparts. What if the Prism forms are weak to the Kalos Starters?
Decidueye 'Prism' form: Grass/Dark
Incineroar 'Prism' form: Fire/Fighting
Primainrina 'Prism' form: Water/Psychic
Lycanroc 'Prism' form: Rock/Psychic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom