• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dammit why do they have to be classed as legendaries
:(

I think that people who wanted Z won't buy Stars out of spite. If it turns out to be real, I won't complain. I would just buy it.
No just no
GF never promised you a Z versions so you can't get mad at them for not delivering
They didn't promise you a Grey third version either and went with sequels instead

Walking with Pokemon might return. GREAT :D
I had a feeling they would return because if you look at the Pokemon in the over world there were a lot more then normal and more variety.

So here's something interesting... One of the dataminers found out that every Pokemon in Sun/Moon has low polygon models and walking/running animations. If Stars is real, could the walking Pokemon feature return in it then?

Delicioso lol. If anything'd get people to buy Stars, that'd be it. :LOL:

Except Ultra Beasts are Legendaries according to the game's coding. They're in a sub-legendary list that also contains the birds, beasts, and various other trios.

And Type: Null/Silvally

Strictly speaking though, the game doesn't ever call them "Legendary" or "sub-Legendary" or anything of the like. Whereas it does call the Cosmog line and Necrozma "Legendary." So even though "sub-Legendary" is the term used in the coding (i.e. the bits we're not meant to see), in context, the green frame in the Pokédex could just as easily be an indicator of a special Pokémon.

I would literally buy Stars just to have a Rockruff follow me around everywhere.

This scenario could happen, although I anticipate that the group you describe would consist of approximately seven or eight people.
Z was an extremely popular suggestion in 2014-2015. Many people were discussing Zygarde and a possible Z version. Some people even made fake boxarts for Z. Way more people than that wanted a Z version.

Walking with pokemon was nice in HGSS but it can be tiresome at some point in my opinion. We now have 802 pokemon so it would take a bit of work to have each one of them appear in the overworld. We could have a certain batch like Sinnoh games have.

Z was an extremely popular suggestion in 2014-2015. Many people were discussing Zygarde and a possible Z version. Some people even made fake boxarts for Z. Way more people than that wanted a Z version.
People expected a Z version because of Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum (even though Yellow shouldn't count). Everyone thought that BW2 was a fluke. Z to pair with XY made perfect sense. No one expected us to get nothing. That's the only reason that Z was such a popular idea. Look back to circa 2010. You'll see the same thing with Pokemon Grey.
Walking with pokemon was nice in HGSS but it can be tiresome at some point in my opinion. We now have 802 pokemon so it would take a bit of work to have each one of them appear in the overworld. We could have a certain batch like Sinnoh games have.

Eh, I'd prefer they did all or nothing. Amity Square was a glorified beta test of a feature they promptly ditched. If the models are low res then it shouldn't be that difficult to display them onscreen. Certain Pokemon already have overworld models that we see decently often anyways. And if the game's go to the Switch then there's no reason the system couldn't run these extra animations.

That's correct. However, I think the number of people who still hold a grudge about Z not being made, and would vindictively refuse to purchase Stars specifically because of that, is far smaller.

Honestly walking Pokemon was cute but I personally want it to exist as a feature alongside Pokemon Refesh in which you can both walk with your Pokemon and then can use Refresh as well to play/pet/groom your Pokemon. I think that would honestly be the best way to handle it.

It's possible we'll see a limit on who you're able to walk around. Like certain water types that don't make sense to carry behind you I.e Wailmer/wailord
Of course there are some water types that can stay move on land like Staryu, Wooper

So here's something interesting... One of the dataminers found out that every Pokemon in Sun/Moon has low polygon models and walking/running animations. If Stars is real, could the walking Pokemon feature return in it then?

EDIT:
View: https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/805738569071464448

Except Ultra Beasts are Legendaries according to the game's coding. They're in a sub-legendary list that also contains the birds, beasts, and various other trios.

I'm more pissed that they had the models yet couldn't be assed to give any of the legendaries overworld sprites other than Solgaleo/Lunala.

I may not be from Europe, but this is definitely blunt and cold-hearted truth. I empathize with them. An entire continent shouldn't be punished for what only one or two countries have done. Not only that, but I think Canada is just as guilty for this if I remember correctly.

Except it really isn't.

This tenacious myth that an entire region is being punished because some stores broke the XY street date should be put to rest honestly. Sure, I don't have evidence for either side, but still, really? I'm sure there are hundreds of other reasons why the Pokemon games, or games in general, get released later in Europe than a company holding a grudge. Things like distributions, logistics, rating agencies, holiday differences and Arceus forbid localization are more probable reasons.

If Stars would get released later in Europe then so be it, looking at ORAS and SM it would probably just be a few days anyway.

Look on the bright side: A few days I way better then waiting entire year

Back
Top Bottom