• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Delicioso lol. If anything'd get people to buy Stars, that'd be it. :LOL:

It'd certainly work on me (though I'm bias because I love the idea of Xurkitree, Buzzwole, and Guzzlord following me), plus it would go with the general theme of the games, which is the connection between humans and Pokémon if they were to go this route.

If following Pokemon return, make it optional for the people who don't like it or just want it sometimes.

I want to see Trial Captain rematches as daily events in Stars just like gym leader rematches from other games.

I'd totally be down for a return of the following Pokemon feature. I know I've been skeptical of how it would work in a 3D world before, but nowadays I'm more "screw it, it can totally work", lol.

I just want to have a Scyther or Garchomp walking with me again.

I want to see Trial Captain rematches as daily events in Stars just like gym leader rematches from other games.

I'd like that, but hell, why stop there? We really need Trainer rematches all around the region; one of the few things I greatly dislike about SM is that it becomes a pretty dead world once you've cleared the big post-game stuff. Poké Pelago and the Festival Plaza and such help to alleviate this somewhat, but not nearly enough.

Except it really isn't.

This tenacious myth that an entire region is being punished because some stores broke the XY street date should be put to rest honestly. Sure, I don't have evidence for either side, but still, really? I'm sure there are hundreds of other reasons why the Pokemon games, or games in general, get released later in Europe than a company holding a grudge. Things like distributions, logistics, rating agencies, holiday differences and Arceus forbid localization are more probable reasons.

If Stars would get released later in Europe then so be it, looking at ORAS and SM it would probably just be a few days anyway.

I agree with this. Far too many people use this excuse without any real evidence, and it really makes no sense. Why punish an entire continent for the actions of a couple of people who foolishly thought it would be a good idea to release the game in their store a day or two early? And why would they CONTINUE doing that for the next games as well? This argument makes no sense, and I am sure there are actual reasons as to why Europe receives the games later.

This is amazing: Datamined walk/run cycles from SuMo

Basically it has Pokemon walking/running animations, which is found in Sun/Moon data and presumably unused, but this would theoretically mean that Stars would likely have a following Pokemon feature, given Switch's better performance compared to 3DS.

Komala's walking animation is funny, but I like how Golurk does it. Can't wait to see how the larger Pokemon walk with you.

34PAPfmgJfes5o0kH5A1ru9LYYa_o-xUyJITgFuYQsn4RMbBFh_IDh6UdI_Z_7h80dlZIpbCBR5BWwB__AS4Xwu0ips4pSFA=w464-h385-rw

hSOSrnXDeoFleFBYUNbj6xMK-um56z6ISmjHl-ZMtA-6K7DY6IPsMGnEsNt-gWlMLRfPLqS6kYpQXJJjWWeK1BeN_QHO97D0=w427-h385-rw

Thanks for reading.

Except Ultra Beasts are Legendaries according to the game's coding. They're in a sub-legendary list that also contains the birds, beasts, and various other trios.
Doesn't that also have Silvally (and exclude Phione)? Interesting to have confirmation (at least code-wise) on what is and is not a legendary.

I agree with this. Far too many people use this excuse without any real evidence, and it really makes no sense. Why punish an entire continent for the actions of a couple of people who foolishly thought it would be a good idea to release the game in their store a day or two early? And why would they CONTINUE doing that for the next games as well? This argument makes no sense, and I am sure there are actual reasons as to why Europe receives the games later.
This also ignores the fact that Europe has always received games later, so it likely has to do with other factors (e.g., distribution network?). There's only so many games they can ship out at once, and they'll obviously prioritize getting the games out in a country/region with a major shopping holiday coming up.

Canada also has games selling for a much higher price than the U.S. even when accounting for conversion rates...should we start making conspiracy theories about that?

Last edited:
I am very surprised that Gamefreak actually went and took the time to make walking animations of each Pokemon that was honestly Something I thought was dead and buried due to the insane amount of effort it would taken do that with 3D graphics. The fact that all of them of have a walking animation makes Stars all but confirmed in my eyes since why would take the time to make all of those animations and not use them? I've stated in the past that Sun and Moon basically got everything it could out of the 3DS which is why we lost triple and rotation battles. If Gamefreak was intending to have this feature in Sun and Moon then they wouldn't have gone as far. At most they of just made just made walking animations of just a handful of Pokemon just to test the feature on the 3DS. But the fact that they went so far as make one for every Pokemon even though they likely knew early on this couldn't work on the 3DS just adds to the evidence in Stars favor.

I am very surprised that Gamefreak actually went and took the time to make walking animations of each Pokemon that was honestly Something I thought was dead and buried due to the insane amount of effort it would taken do that with 3D graphics. The fact that all of them of have a walking animation makes Stars all but confirmed in my eyes since why would take the time to make all of those animations and not use them? I've stated in the past that Sun and Moon basically got everything it could out of the 3DS which is why we lost triple and rotation battles. If Gamefreak was intending to have this feature in Sun and Moon then they wouldn't have gone as far. At most they of just made just made walking animations of just a handful of Pokemon just to test the feature on the 3DS. But the fact that they went so far as make one for every Pokemon even though they likely knew early on this couldn't work on the 3DS just adds to the evidence in Stars favor.
I have to agree. Like I mentioned earlier, there's no way GF is just going to copy and paste the exact same game as some were worried about. I'm happy the walking with Pokemon feature is returning, hopefully the battle formats too. I'm curious what else they'll b e doing but considering this is the big Switch push, they really have to to the wall with what they can.

I think with the new walking feature leaked it is quite sure that next version will have this but what i guess is that DPP remake coukd happen remember that at sinnoh there is a place you could let your pokemon walk with you at the amity square which they could expand what you think?

P6ZD3nIGTrYKBSs7ICC0lAetRhOmw5GvBdhqzNaSkLuGTxSgIR2XNyI62HvKdakMMGiGJyE5aH-DXZPQ0nBQ60HT1RG5uycl=w1920-h1080-rw-no

This is the most amazing running animation ever, that's some intense anime dash right there.

For all we know these could be made for another scrapped feature or something, though I'm not sure what. Would be so amazing if walking Pokemon returned.

It's pretty common for large ideas in game development to see progress made and then get cut. Sun and Moon already have another example in the form of the golf course

Basically it has Pokemon walking/running animations, which is found in Sun/Moon data and presumably unused, but this would theoretically mean that Stars would likely have a following Pokemon feature, given Switch's better performance compared to 3DS.

Komala's walking animation is funny, but I like how Golurk does it. Can't wait to see how the larger Pokemon walk with you.

34PAPfmgJfes5o0kH5A1ru9LYYa_o-xUyJITgFuYQsn4RMbBFh_IDh6UdI_Z_7h80dlZIpbCBR5BWwB__AS4Xwu0ips4pSFA=w464-h385-rw

hSOSrnXDeoFleFBYUNbj6xMK-um56z6ISmjHl-ZMtA-6K7DY6IPsMGnEsNt-gWlMLRfPLqS6kYpQXJJjWWeK1BeN_QHO97D0=w427-h385-rw

Thanks for reading.

Wow that's really cool. Is that all of them or just the ones they could find?

It does seem strange that they would go to the trouble of making these animations and then never use them. I'm not sure if it says it's coming back but if nothing else it confirms that they have the intent to bring it back at least. (and it's not just some pie in the sky wish people have)

It does make me more excited for a potential Stars game though.

Edit: I saw this and thought it was pretty funny. (wait for the run)

View: http://imgur.com/OBve4TB

Last edited:
Out of the animations, I'd say my favorite is Komala.

Doesn't that also have Silvally (and exclude Phione)? Interesting to have confirmation (at least code-wise) on what is and is not a legendary.

Yeah, Silvally is in the sub-legendary list. As for Phione, it's in the legendary list.

This does not confirm Stars. It could just be dummied out data.

I really question why you ever bothered creating a thread to discuss Pokémon Stars when you have to continue saying that 'Pokémon Stars is not confirmed'. Assume from now on that everyone here knows it isn't confirmed, because, the fact is that everyone here already knows that. This is called speculation.

Regarding your comment that it could be a dummied out idea, that is a possibility. However, Gamefreak would have known, or atleast guessed, that Pokémon Sun and Moon would likely not have effectively used the walking Pokémon feature, due to already reaching the limits of the 3DS, and yet, they still created walking animations for every single Pokémon. It doesn't confirm anything, however, it is a good indicator that Gamefreak are atleast planning on using the feature in the future.

Thanks for reading.
I'm betting it's another thing we're missing out on because the 3DS can't handle it.

It can go join ice climbers and a steady frame rate in doubles in their corner.

Back
Top Bottom