• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All I really want back is difficulty selection, with less dumb unlock requisites, of course.

Black 2 Challenge Mode was one of the most fun of the main stories for me, and it's a good compromise between those who want challenge and those who don't.

Just so long as all difficulties are unlocked off the bat (or at least you can easily restart on hard after clearing Normal) and the key trade system does not return.

There really is no good reason for this to have stayed cut. XY I give more of a pass because simultaneous development, but it's still gone... and I don't know why.

And while they're at it, those little conveniences from BW2 should come back too (namely, habitat listing and the XTransceiver stuff).

Last edited:
And while they're at it, those little conveniences from BW2 should come back too (namely, habitat listing and the XTransceiver stuff).

The Habitat List did come back, sort of... but only for ORAS, as it was built into the DexNav.

It looks like the walking with your Pokemon feature is back. Either that, or it's dummied out data.

It looks like the walking with your Pokemon feature is back. Either that, or it's dummied out data.
Well, currently it IS dummied out data.

I doubt it. Too early. I'm predicting a May-June reveal. Autumn 2017 release.

More likely we'll see a January or February announcement. I say January only because there's a chance it could be tacked onto the big Switch discussion.

Since we're talking features, can we get the PSS back? The Festival Plaza does nothing superior to the PSS. It almost makes things harder. T___T

But I doubt they'll do it since it'd be far easier than building an entire Gen 7 PSS function, but at least make Online easier to navigate~ T___T

I've been a purely handheld gamer to my core ever since the Game Boy Color so my thoughts on Stars would still be riding on whether it's also available to the 3DS. That's a very big factor. If it's Switch exclusive then I'm not gonna bother.

We'll just have to wait and see. Let's hope for the best.

I've been a purely handheld gamer to my core ever since the Game Boy Color so my thoughts on Stars would still be riding on whether it's also available to the 3DS. That's a very big factor. If it's Switch exclusive then I'm not gonna bother.

The rumours say that Stars will be Switch exclusive.

Why do people want to skip Stars if it's Switch exclusive? It'll be the first main HD, console game ever. Maybe the first isn't always the best then. But I would want to be a part of that experience though. :)

Why do people want to skip Stars if it's Switch exclusive? It'll be the first main HD, console game ever. Maybe the first isn't always the best then. But I would want to be a part of that experience though. :)
Because they don't want to buy both game and console when they have a perfectly good 3ds.

Well the switch has a handheld component with a 720p screen.

Huge boost from the 240 of the 3DS.

Because I'm not going to get Stars. PS4 Life.

Because they don't want to buy both game and console when they have a perfectly good 3ds.
Exactly right. I don't see why I should have to buy another console just to play a third version. That's like releasing Black 2 and White 2 for only the 3DS. A jump to another console should wait until Gen VIII's paired versions.

Switch exclusive? I'll just hope Stars is either a side game or that this part of the rumor is false, it's only going to completely alienate the Gen VII fans who don't want a Switch. GameFreak are essentially twisting their hands with this move.

Exactly right. I don't see why I should have to buy another console just to play a third version. That's like releasing Black 2 and White 2 for only the 3DS. A jump to another console should wait until Gen VIII's paired versions.
But then we'll have another Gen VI situation where the game was shiny. It lacked substance though. Rather test the Switch with a third version than jump right into the deep end with Gen VIII.

Switch exclusive? I'll just hope Stars is either a side game or that this part of the rumor is false, it's only going to completely alienate the Gen VII fans who don't want a Switch. GameFreak are essentially twisting their hands with this move.
Stars will be main game and a third version and real.

For goodness sake, not this again.

The goal with Stars is not to sell Pokémon, it does that on practically its own. The goal is selling the Switch, which is a shiny new console Nintendo has to get off the ground.

Why do people assume there's some sort of rule about third versions being on the same console? There is no such rule, thinking there is is just appealing to tradition ("It was always this way, therefore it will stay this way"), which was considered a logical fallacy even before the pattern first broke in Gen V.

Did X/Y alienate fans who lacked 3DS's? You need a 3DS to play them, and the DS had more players while the 3DS needed to sell since it wasn't doing as great as it currently is at the time. Should XY have been limited to outdated hardware simply because people didn't want to buy 3DS's? Should Stars have to be limited to dated hardware because people didn't want to buy Switches?

What makes intergen and intragen splits so different? Both are moving to a new system to sell it.

Gen VII are outweighed by potential market by ten fold. It would be naive to think that Pokemon can rely on Gen VII fans or fans of Gen 6 and stuff. If they are alienated by a potential bigger market then that's life.

I'm wondering if Pokémon Stars could actually be a Pokémon MMO that I, and probably a lot of other people have wanted. It could even be a combination of a third version of Sun/Moon, with the MMO aspect coming in after the "main game" where after the main events happen, you can go to other regions, like Kanto for certain reasons, which would open up the other Japanese regions, or Kalos due to Zygarde. That would only leave Unova as being unconnected, storyline wise, and even that can be explained as Unova (based on New York) being in America, as is Alola (based on Hawaii). Hopefully, if this happens, all the best features of the past generations return, such as Walking Pokémon, Character Customization, Super Training, and Hyper Training, which was introduced this generation. And even better, if the internet capability of the Switch is greatly improved, you could even download future generation content when next generation games are released onto the next handheld console, assuming it won't just be released on the Switch, itself.

Hm... someone before tried arguing that Stars can't be a thing because Necrozma is the prism Pokémon. Well, we know Stars is just a codename for now. I could actually see it being called Pokémon prism or something (lol maybe rainbow XD ). That would be a cool connection. The sun radiates light, the moon reflects light, and a prism refracts light. Idk, I have nothing else to add to this discussion :p

Back
Top Bottom