• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad I managed to finally nail down a full-time job. Now the Switch won't be nearly so cost prohibitive.
Anyway, a little disappointed Pokémon is transitioning to the Switch so soon after I just bought a New 3DS, but I can see why it's necessary after some of the technical issues in SM. Whether it's Stars or something else, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Switch can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it is not. Stars is likely fake. That image could be fake.

View: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/800291109448523777

???
Announcing 'Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series' for 2017 - Telltale
?????

If you're going to say something's fake at least make sure you can prove it.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether GotG being announced is really that much of a boost for the Stars rumor. GotG was a really terribly kept secret and had been known about for months before it's actual announcement.

Someone please enlighten me. How does the EXP Share make the game harder? I thought it made it easier as I didn't have to grind as much as in previous games. Although I'm speaking mainly from my experiences with XY.

It's a difference in experience scaling. In Generation 5 and now in Generation 7, a Pokemon gains different amounts of experience from identical Pokemon based on your Pokemon's own level. This also directly applies to the Exp. Share.

For example, you have a level 5 Mon and a level 40 Mon. They both fight (say you switched in/out/etc.) the exact same level 25 Mon. Because 40 Mon is several levels higher, its experience gain is reduced. Let's say it only gets 500 exp. This helps prevent overlevelling and helps retain the intended "challenge" of the game. The level 5 Mon gets jacked to all hell, because it gains, say, 2000 experience because it's a much lower level than the opponent was. This is done to help catch up baby mons for new players and such, I would assume.

In Gen 6, every Pokemon who fought an opponent (or used Exp Share) will get the same amount of experience, regardless of their level. This made levelling up young'ns a little harder, and getting overlevelled OP mons on your team way easier (their exp wasn't reduced at all).

Overall, the Gen 6 mechanic makes things way easier. Gen 5/7 method is much more balanced, at least for the main game.

Many people are anticipating Stars even though Masuda implied that it doesn't exist. Although, if it does, I won't complain and I'll happily buy it.

Many people are anticipating Stars even though Masuda implied that it doesn't exist. Although, if it does, I won't complain and I'll happily buy it.
As already discussed, that can be seen as him possibly hiding something. In PR work, sometimes people have to lie about a project's existence to lower expectations in order to surprise people and generate more hype when the project is officially revealed. Masuda has done this in the past.

I think the main thing to keep in mind about that interview is that obviously he's not going to admit the next game is real. Sun and Moon only just released a few weeks ago so they want all the attention on them not some game that won't be coming out for another year. Regardless of it being on the Switch or not, it's in GF's best interest to ignore any kind of info on the next game until they're ready to announce themselves. Eurogamer on the other hand has no reason to hold back hence why they can post any rumors they deem real (or fake I suppose) anytime they want. On top of them not needing to hold back in that way they also have credibility from past leaks. It's a bit silly to 100% discount them at this point. Although Caution is a fair way of going about these things. lol

I don't believe it for a second. Nothing would convince me that is real or proof.
@RileyXY1 and @Arceus the Dragon, ain't the whole point of this thread, is to discuss about "star", making speculation, and prediction to this thread, and not proving it's fake. I get what the Masuda said in the Spanish Interview, but that doesn't prove "Star" fake, but not saying it's real either, right now it's just a rumor, What if Masuda is just hiding it, we all know he's not going reveal anything, if it was in development, don't consider "star" fake, just because you saw the interview. @RileyXY1 you'are the one who created the "Star" thread, so why would you call it fake, if you''d created the thread. Everybody don't jump conclusion on "Star" whether if it's real or not, we know anything about "Star" right now it's just a rumor, nothing is confirmed, So just calm down you two.

It's a difference in experience scaling. In Generation 5 and now in Generation 7, a Pokemon gains different amounts of experience from identical Pokemon based on your Pokemon's own level. This also directly applies to the Exp. Share.

For example, you have a level 5 Mon and a level 40 Mon. They both fight (say you switched in/out/etc.) the exact same level 25 Mon. Because 40 Mon is several levels higher, its experience gain is reduced. Let's say it only gets 500 exp. This helps prevent overlevelling and helps retain the intended "challenge" of the game. The level 5 Mon gets jacked to all hell, because it gains, say, 2000 experience because it's a much lower level than the opponent was. This is done to help catch up baby mons for new players and such, I would assume.

In Gen 6, every Pokemon who fought an opponent (or used Exp Share) will get the same amount of experience, regardless of their level. This made levelling up young'ns a little harder, and getting overlevelled OP mons on your team way easier (their exp wasn't reduced at all).

Overall, the Gen 6 mechanic makes things way easier. Gen 5/7 method is much more balanced, at least for the main game.
Oh, you mean how lower-leveled Pokemon get much more experience whereas higher-leveled Pokemon get less?

I've always known that. No I was specifically talking about the new Exp Share mechanics and how that makes the game harder. I still don't understand how it makes it harder, to be honest. In Generations 1-5, I would always have to grind about 20 or so levels by the time I got to the Elite Four. But with the Exp Share, I didn't had to grind at all in XY. It made the game so much more easier for me, and as a result, a lot more fun as I didn't have to spend an hour or two grinding my team.

@RileyXY1, I don't think it's necessary to put up the poll, but we don't know if it's real or fake, it's just a rumor, plus I think 50% of the people would point it real and 50% would point it as fake. So we know know yet.

Well, Stars is officially confirmed real. I'm shocked.
Source?

Because It's not truly "Real" or "fake" right now. It's in that weird sort of in between state where one doesn't know an outcome causing something to be and not be at once.

View: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/800291109448523777

???
Announcing 'Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series' for 2017 - Telltale
?????

If you're going to say something's fake at least make sure you can prove it.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether GotG being announced is really that much of a boost for the Stars rumor. GotG was a really terribly kept secret and had been known about for months before it's actual announcement.

It is fake and i don't have prove anything. Stars is considered fake to me.

It is fake and i don't have prove anything. Stars is considered fake to me.
You're making two different statements here. Either it is fake (despite the apparent fact that you don't have any evidence) or you think it's fake.

But I'd really hate to get back into this discussion. Can't we wait until GF says otherwise?

You're making two different statements here. Either it is fake (despite the apparent fact that you don't have any evidence) or you think it's fake.

But I'd really hate to get back into this discussion. Can't we wait until GF says otherwise?
Doesn't change my opinion. I can't wait to see it prove fake.

Back
Top Bottom