• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or even select trainers you meet across Alola like previous games. The Rotom Dex would tell you if they're ready to battle or something.

Speaking of the 'Dex, I'd like to get an upgrade that essentially makes it like the DexNav.
Including adding the calling feature? Rotom DOES imply he has one whenever Sina contacts you, but it's never elaborated on to my knowledge.

Yeah, and maybe a lot more clothes than what we already have? Even something like Dragon Ball Xenoverse has a TON of outfit choices. I don't see any reason not to include it here.

I really want the PSS and O-Powers back. They won't be, but I can dream. Also Move Tutors and an expanded Pokédex. The selection for Sun and Moon was ridiculous.

I've always known that. No I was specifically talking about the new Exp Share mechanics and how that makes the game harder.

Nobody ever meant that the Exp. Share makes the game harder when you use it. What they meant, more specifically, was that the Exp. Share in Gen 7 was toned down. The Exp. Share in Gen VI made the game extra easy, whereas the Exp. Share in Gen 7 was more moderate in practice.

I came up with my speculation and prediction for Pokemon Stars
  • Pokemon "Star" is just a codename for "Sun and Moon for Nintendo Switch, but it feels like a expanded version.
  • Pokemon "Star" supposed to come out summer 2017 but will be later cause they took a break to polish up Sun/Moon
  • Pokemon "Star" still have the expanded story, involving Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Necromza.
  • Poke bank will work with it letting you transfer over Pokemon
  • It will be using new assets which possibly means that they created new models or polished up old models just for the Nintendo switch
  • There's a new evil team (Which we don't know who it is yet), but Team Skull will appear, and the Aether Foundation will also appear too.
  • It also expanded the story of XY, which mean we'll be able to go back to kalos region, though you'll be encountered by Team Flare, and Malva resigned the Elite Four, and became to the new leader of Team Leader (Also to find is Lysandre is alive or not)
  • These games could contain both Gyms, and Island trials, and would focus on the best things of Kalos and Alola.
  • New PCs, some new characters are added, some SM characters have left Alola.
  • Since Pokemon Z episode didn't appear in SM, I think it'll in Pokemon Star, involving Zygarde.
  • Walking with your Pokemon will appear in "Star"
  • The Battle Tree has some new characters added (Steven, Lance, and Zinnia)
  • The Pokemon League is now well established, and has a new Champion, and the position isn´t vacant, like it was in SM before the Player became the first Champion ever.
  • Star might have a larger Regional Pokedex than SM (probably up to 400 - 500) , and Star will have National Pokedex again
  • The Ultra Beast will have there Side Story.
  • Older legendaries appear in game such as Xerneas and Yveltal.
  • Brand new mega evolutions are available such as Johto starters.
  • The UBs will find a way to fuse with more people, and form 'Grunts' (a la Lusamine-Nihilego) of the UB organisation. The Player's mission will be to clear the trials+gyms fusion, clear the league, and help Alola get rid of Ultra Space energy.
  • Pokemon willl develop new Alolan Forms, and new Forms for Lycanroc, and the Starters, which will focus on Stars.
  • Lillie returns from the Kanto region in the Post-game, to see how you're doing, and the first time she'll challenge with her Z-form
  • Chinese leak which got a lot of stuff right said crystals change Pokemon shape like Ash Greninja and almost all Pokemon can be ridden. So maybe we will get Z-Forms and Pokemon ride maybe?
  • Random leaks mentioned no gyms and Oricoro and that the looker, blue, and Cynthia would appear. It got a lot correct but some info isn't present such as Zinnia, AZ, and Lance appearing, there being a 2 stage Ice/Ghost snowman, the S.S Anne appearing, or the 2 stage cat Pokemon with a gimmick. Maybe we will get some of this in Pokemon Star?
  • The 25 cameos leak did get some things right and other things sort of right. What they got wrong though is that Ekans and Dodrio would get Alola forms, Marshadow has a new type that is unique to itself, and there are 25 cameos. Maybe in Star there will be many more cameos, some more Alola forms, and maybe Marshadow will have a new form with a new type? Maybe type less? Since that is now possible thanks to one of the new moves that removes The riddler leaker who got a ton of stuff right hinted that the starters to in fact have a secret and they said that it has nothing to do with moves (Possibly meaning Z-Moves) but it's not 100% certain what they said cause of possible translation errors. They did say though that the starters secret was scrapped so maybe we will actually get to see the starters secret in Star?fire type.
  • Stars might have the Starter's split evolution with different type (In Sun and Moon, Decidueye (Grass/Ghost), Incineroar (Fire/Dark), and Primarina (Water/Fairy). In Star, they'll have a split evolution Decidueye (Grass/Flying), Incineroar (Fire/Ground), and Primarina (Water/Fighting).
  • Pokemon "Stars" might have some connection and hints toward DP remakes.
Some of it are from me, and the three are from @PkmnTrainerV. I'll give credit to @PkmnTrainerV, nice man :) What do you think?

I came up with my speculation and prediction for Pokemon Stars
  • Pokemon "Star" is just a codename for "Sun and Moon for Nintendo Switch, but it feels like a expanded version.
  • Pokemon "Star" supposed to come out summer 2017 but will be later cause they took a break to polish up Sun/Moon
  • Pokemon "Star" still have the expanded story, involving Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Necromza.
  • Poke bank will work with it letting you transfer over Pokemon
  • It will be using new assets which possibly means that they created new models or polished up old models just for the Nintendo switch
  • There's a new evil team (Which we don't know who it is yet), but Team Skull will appear, and the Aether Foundation will also appear too.
  • It also expanded the story of XY, which mean we'll be able to go back to kalos region, though you'll be encountered by Team Flare, and Malva resigned the Elite Four, and became to the new leader of Team Leader (Also to find is Lysandre is alive or not)
  • These games could contain both Gyms, and Island trials, and would focus on the best things of Kalos and Alola.
  • New PCs, some new characters are added, some SM characters have left Alola.
  • Since Pokemon Z episode didn't appear in SM, I think it'll in Pokemon Star, involving Zygarde.
  • Walking with your Pokemon will appear in "Star"
  • The Battle Tree has some new characters added (Steven, Lance, and Zinnia)
  • The Pokemon League is now well established, and has a new Champion, and the position isn´t vacant, like it was in SM before the Player became the first Champion ever.
  • Star might have a larger Regional Pokedex than SM (probably up to 400 - 500) , and Star will have National Pokedex again
  • The Ultra Beast will have there Side Story.
  • Older legendaries appear in game such as Xerneas and Yveltal.
  • Brand new mega evolutions are available such as Johto starters.
  • The UBs will find a way to fuse with more people, and form 'Grunts' (a la Lusamine-Nihilego) of the UB organisation. The Player's mission will be to clear the trials+gyms fusion, clear the league, and help Alola get rid of Ultra Space energy.
  • Pokemon willl develop new Alolan Forms, and new Forms for Lycanroc, and the Starters, which will focus on Stars.
  • Lillie returns from the Kanto region in the Post-game, to see how you're doing, and the first time she'll challenge with her Z-form
  • Chinese leak which got a lot of stuff right said crystals change Pokemon shape like Ash Greninja and almost all Pokemon can be ridden. So maybe we will get Z-Forms and Pokemon ride maybe?
  • Random leaks mentioned no gyms and Oricoro and that the looker, blue, and Cynthia would appear. It got a lot correct but some info isn't present such as Zinnia, AZ, and Lance appearing, there being a 2 stage Ice/Ghost snowman, the S.S Anne appearing, or the 2 stage cat Pokemon with a gimmick. Maybe we will get some of this in Pokemon Star?
  • The 25 cameos leak did get some things right and other things sort of right. What they got wrong though is that Ekans and Dodrio would get Alola forms, Marshadow has a new type that is unique to itself, and there are 25 cameos. Maybe in Star there will be many more cameos, some more Alola forms, and maybe Marshadow will have a new form with a new type? Maybe type less? Since that is now possible thanks to one of the new moves that removes The riddler leaker who got a ton of stuff right hinted that the starters to in fact have a secret and they said that it has nothing to do with moves (Possibly meaning Z-Moves) but it's not 100% certain what they said cause of possible translation errors. They did say though that the starters secret was scrapped so maybe we will actually get to see the starters secret in Star?fire type.
  • Stars might have the Starter's split evolution with different type (In Sun and Moon, Decidueye (Grass/Ghost), Incineroar (Fire/Dark), and Primarina (Water/Fairy). In Star, they'll have a split evolution Decidueye (Grass/Flying), Incineroar (Fire/Ground), and Primarina (Water/Fighting).
  • Pokemon "Stars" might have some connection and hints toward DP remakes.
Some of it are from me, and the three are from @PkmnTrainerV. I'll give credit to @PkmnTrainerV, nice man :) What do you think?

Again, all good things but a bit much for one game. I'd love to see a lot of this, but it seems unrealistic.

Also, when they said Marshadow would have a unique type I think they meant it would have a unique type combination, which it does. It's the only Pokemon that is Fighting/Ghost.

So... Earlier, I suggested an element where Lillie plays a role in the story, having matured in the 2 years since she left. However, her house is not in order, as her mother is still recovering from the events of the first game & may never regain all her faculties, while Gladion vanished after the destruction of the Aether Foundation.

While trying to rebuild her old life, the player goes on a series of non linear quests to help restore the Foundation as she is put in charge by Wicke while her mother maintains s figurehead spot. These quests can be done in any order, and range from gathering energy components, recruiting wayward members, or performing good deeds.

As you progress, you are introduced to Lusamine, as she struggles to move around. It turns out the Nihilego toxins can damage the body on s cellular level, meaning she's frail. She could be in a wheelchair, or to go sci-fi, has a Darth Vader type life support suit to help minimize body stress. She still has her Nihilego, & calls it Friend, but her extremist stance has since mellowed to where she sees beauty in everything but has accepted that it is fleeting. Talking to Lillie & Wicke will explain what happened after they arrived in Kanto & found out that Bill didn't have the technology when they arrived & met him, so her recovery is still slow. However, Lillie expresses that her mom will be fully healed soon & that, although she left a black mark on the Foundation, she deserves a second chance. But, for now, they need somebody strong & she views this as the ultimate test.

As you complete these missions, outside of the standard Trial/Gym stuff, you run into this syndicate. They are a foreign faction that have sought Aether technology & research, and don't ask for anything. As s result, they have info on the Ultra Dimension & also have the final Type: Null ever made. The researchers want to make it reach it's origin of Type: Full without all that bonding crap (Type: Full & Silvaly are different in theology as Type: Full was meant to be the beast that could defeat the Gods and nothing more), & clone it. You'll actually run into members who have Type: Nulls on their team!

Their goal is to oppress the world by controlling all aspects of society, & their leader is a "by all costs" type of guy.

As for Gladion? Well... He went into isolation & has not been heard from in over a year. Knowing that they could find him if he moved back to civilization, he instead chose to live in seclusion on Poni Island. His first encounter will be LESS friendly than "Get out!"; he will physically attack the player! You'll have to earn his trust through missions of his own; as you complete them, he will describe his life & what happened that fateful day & curses becoming open with his heart as a result. Telling him about his family falls on deaf ears; this hostility will actually have him disown his "naive sister & delusional megalomaniac of a mother" the first time they are brought up.

But... Eventually, the family must be reunited, as their strength is required to help fight off the new threat. This would be full circle for this storyline as a broken household finally heals where Lusamine is willing to sacrifice her own life to battle the new leader, only to be stopped by her children.

Of course... If Nebby is involved... Would it be Solageo or Lunala? That's something that should be involved here.

Well... That's my boneheaded idea. Still trying to see where Guzma can be shoehorned. He owes Aether nothing but may do something as a soft spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't Gladion going to take over Aether while his mom recovered

Wasn't Gladion going to take over Aether while his mom recovered
Yes.

But in this idea, the Foundation was caught off guard by this syndicate, who employed a blitzkrieg. Gladion hurried to fight them using his Sivally & took out several grunts, but was caught off guard by the leader, who took advantage of its RKS System to defeat it. He was then forced to see the destruction of the island as they slashed & burned after stealing their quarry.

As the smoke cleared, the Foundation looked to Gladion for support, only for him to walk away. While he had that vow, Gladion is also very temperamental & viewed this as a personal failure of his because he always believed that power only mattered yet was do helpless, so his reaction would likely mimic what he had done in the past. It also would have him question being an outgoing person with his feelings, too, so that's why I want to see some additional hostility.

Again, there's a ton of flaws here, but I would like to see one criminal syndicate drive another group to ruin & you can help them out in rebuilding while thwarting the evil guys.

Back
Top Bottom