• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must say this thread has become so much better now that it's not a constant circular discussion over stars being fake.

What I really hope for is the ability to save teams to a Joy con so you can bring it along with you outside to battle wherever there is a switch.

Here's another question: Let's just assume that Pokémon Stars is the name of the project in which the third version is the cornerstone. If Pokémon Stars is indeed just a single third version comparable to Yellow, Crystal, Emerald or Platinum versions instead of sequels like B2W2, is it possible that we might get Switch ports down the line of Pokémon Sun and Moon? Now, I know the argument concerning Sun and Moon's compatibility basically boils down to Pokémon Bank and all that sort of stuff, but what about the fundamental aspect of trading between players in Pokémon games? Because outside of Trade Evolutions, what difference would it even make trading between two versions that are essentially the same exact game?

Now yes, I know that it probably would not be a smart marketing decision to rerelease Pokémon Sun and Moon on the Switch and have that overshadow Pokémon Stars. Maybe they end up doing this quietly. Could even utilize Cloud Saves even to transfer your Save Files over from your 3DS games to the Switch if possible.

Gen 4 remakes are also a possibility so as to circumvent this little issue. Though I would like the idea that Sun and Moon, at the very least, could be ported over to the Switch eventually, if Stars turns out to be true, anyways.

And on a side note, what Pokémon do you guys think might get new Alolan forms in Stars? Perhaps water Arcanine and fighting Alakazam? I know, I know; but if we can get new Mega Evolutions in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, surely, we could get new forms of existing Pokémon? I doubt we'd be getting new species of Pokémon in Stars (never happened before, and I doubt it will ever happen in general), so I'm not predicting a new dolphin Pokémon unless that's a new Necrozma form (and even then, I think Wishiwashi School Form might have been the dolphin from the Chinese leak). Though I prefer the Godzilla comparison for Necrozma. Especially since this might actually turn Necrozma into a Psychic/Dragon-type, which we've never had that kind of typing before (maybe as a rival to Perfect Zygarde, even).

Here's another question: Let's just assume that Pokémon Stars is the name of the project in which the third version is the cornerstone. If Pokémon Stars is indeed just a single third version comparable to Yellow, Crystal, Emerald or Platinum versions instead of sequels like B2W2, is it possible that we might get Switch ports down the line of Pokémon Sun and Moon? Now, I know the argument concerning Sun and Moon's compatibility basically boils down to Pokémon Bank and all that sort of stuff, but what about the fundamental aspect of trading between players in Pokémon games? Because outside of Trade Evolutions, what difference would it even make trading between two versions that are essentially the same exact game?

Now yes, I know that it probably would not be a smart marketing decision to rerelease Pokémon Sun and Moon on the Switch and have that overshadow Pokémon Stars. Maybe they end up doing this quietly. Could even utilize Cloud Saves even to transfer your Save Files over from your 3DS games to the Switch if possible.

Gen 4 remakes are also a possibility so as to circumvent this little issue. Though I would like the idea that Sun and Moon, at the very least, could be ported over to the Switch eventually, if Stars turns out to be true, anyways.

And on a side note, what Pokémon do you guys think might get new Alolan forms in Stars? Perhaps water Arcanine and fighting Alakazam? I know, I know; but if we can get new Mega Evolutions in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, surely, we could get new forms of existing Pokémon? I doubt we'd be getting new species of Pokémon in Stars (never happened before, and I doubt it will ever happen in general), so I'm not predicting a new dolphin Pokémon unless that's a new Necrozma form (and even then, I think Wishiwashi School Form might have been the dolphin from the Chinese leak). Though I prefer the Godzilla comparison for Necrozma. Especially since this might actually turn Necrozma into a Psychic/Dragon-type, which we've never had that kind of typing before (maybe as a rival to Perfect Zygarde, even).

The Latis were Dragon/Psychic.

That could work, Since Nintendo Switch doesn't have Backward Compatibility to 3ds or Wii u, it's likely possible
I think we likely to see Gen 4 remakes on Switch, since DPPl are playable on 3ds, maybe GF would do something special for DPPl, which I can guess they'll let you transfer the pokemon from DPPl and HGSS into DP remake, I don't know what type of method they'll but it's not using Pokebank

I want to see a couple of thing in "Star"
  • More Alolan forms (Water Arcanine, Fighting Alakazam, etc.)
  • New Mega Evolutions (Johto Starters)
  • New Mechanic Z-forms
  • Split evolution line for the Starters
  • New third form for Lycanroc
  • New form for Marshadow
  • Necrozma getting a new form, that's not UB form

Stars might not even be real. But now, share your ideas for what you want Stars to be like if it is legit.

@RileyXY1, you're still not letting this "Star being fake" thing, aren't you. I know it's speculation, I'm starting to think it's real to me, I thought it was fake at first, but I have been looking around the internet, and they keep putting up hints on "Star", there's no telling what star is, either is port to sun and moon, third game or sequel. So we'll have to see what happen in 2017, and we might get more details on Nintendo Switch on January 12 2017

I remember a while ago, someone on vp pointed out that Necrozma has pieces that seem like they could form a dinosaur/dragon. The head/body piece is very dragon like if you really think of it. I do feel like if Necrozma gets an expanded role, its likely to get an alternate form.

I remember a while ago, someone on vp pointed out that Necrozma has pieces that seem like they could form a dinosaur/dragon. The head/body piece is very dragon like if you really think of it. I do feel like if Necrozma gets an expanded role, its likely to get an alternate form.
Ooh give me the link to vp, I wanna hear it!
Are you going to do this every page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is getting annoying, plus you did create the thread, making it a discussion

Stars might not even be real. But now, share your ideas for what you want Stars to be like if it is legit.
Not to be impolite or a backseat moderator, but what exactly was the point behind this post?

For the topic, though, I think a new concept to add on to (or replace a position in) the Pokémon League (namely Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion) could be interesting. Perhaps an entire replacement to the League, like the Trials, but considerably more similar to the aforementioned League.

Big long post

Of course... If Nebby is involved... Would it be Solageo or Lunala? That's something that should be involved here.

Well... That's my boneheaded idea. Still trying to see where Guzma can be shoehorned. He owes Aether nothing but may do something as a soft spot.

I was just thinking about S&M and how I'd really rather have a sequel than a third version or DP remakes. I think you're idea is great, my only real dissent is that I really don't want a story that dark. I honestly was heartbroken enough by the ending of S&M, I really want there to be a sequel where Lillie and Gladion (and their Mother) have found happiness and some other person in the story attempts to do whatever evil involving the UB's/Aether Foundation/Team Numbskull

How about Prof. Kukui be the evil dude in the sequels? Dude was useless already in S&M. Or how about Mohn? That dude has got to have lots of free time running the Poke Pelago. Enough free time to plot to take over the world.

Ooh give me the link to vp, I wanna hear it!
Sorry, but I don't think I could find it again there. It was a very long time ago, like datamining season I wanna call it? I could look around tumblr to see if its still around or anything.
02e[1].png
Also can we please not go back to the Stars is 100% fake argument. We've had a good day or two full of productive conversations.

What I want in Stars
  • Hopefully the Switch can provide enough room so there's less lag. I like the Battle Royal concept itself - I just find the horrible lag annoying.
  • I want GameFreak to bring back difficulty modes. They did it for B2W2, so they can do it again. It'll make everyone happy and stop the complaints about the games being too difficult or too easy.
  • Do something about the SOS battles. Restrict it to the Adrenaline Orb or something. Or allow ball throwing when there's multiple pokemon on the field.
  • No more Kanto, please. I know people love Kanto and all the nostalgia, but there's such a thing as going overboard. I'm starting to think they're fearing the games might not be successful if there's no Kanto in it. It feels like Kanto nostalgia is their one lifeline they're connecting to every game.
  • More clothes for the male characters. Please more clothes for the male characters.
  • Bring back all the mega stones.
  • Give us a place to grind to level 100. Or daily/weekly/monthly battles against NPCs. Rematches that aren't restricted to the Elite Four

Speaking of grinding to level 100, I'd actually really love it if friend safaris would return. I had one that had Pokemon like Blissey and Audino and those were excellent for grinding. About 1500+ for each one I'd take down. It might have been like 2000 cause if I remember, Pokemon in XY gained more EXP if you had full affection from them on Pokemon-Amie. I'm not 100% sure if that was the case though.

I hope that we can get all of the outfit colors in this game. Also, the game will look much sharper considering it's made for the Switch. Also, I believe that the walking with your Pokemon feature will return.

On the one hand, I'd like something equivalent to DexNav back. Specifically the ability to find out just what unique species you already caught. On the other hand, even for a "Third Edition" that seems like a pipe dream.

On the one hand, I'd like something equivalent to DexNav back. Specifically the ability to find out just what unique species you already caught. On the other hand, even for a "Third Edition" that seems like a pipe dream.
Yes. Sadly, DexNav appears to be an ORAS exclusive feature.

Back
Top Bottom