• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they did go back to having Pokemon Gyms, I think these places would be the best places to have a gym. Hau'oli City, Heahea City, Konikoni City, Malie City, Tapu Village, Royal Avenue, and Seafolk Village. These are all cities that either have empty lots or construction sites. The question though is, what about the last one?
If there is a last one. Maybe another change in 8 to 7 gyms?

If there is a last one. Maybe another change in 8 to 7 gyms?

That would seem stranger than returning to gyms, period. Especially given that there were 8 Trials.

Assuming that Stars does not include new areas at the expense of making other unassailable (very unlikely given both G/S and B2/W2 having done exactly that), I think that Po Town might potentially be the 8th gym.

Otherwise, it might pop up on a previously assessable town.

That would seem stranger than returning to gyms, period. Especially given that there were 8 Trials.

Assuming that Stars does not include new areas at the expense of making other unassailable (very unlikely given both G/S and B2/W2 having done exactly that), I think that Po Town might potentially be the 8th gym.

Otherwise, it might pop up on a previously assessable town.
There are 7 Trials. Fairy does not count, because the Z-Crystal isn't in a pillar. It is given to you like the Poison Z-Crystal, I think.

So 7 gyms wouldn't be so strange at all. Guess people don't like change. :p

7 Trials + 4 Kahunas + 7 Gyms = 18

So perhaps the seven gyms, if there will be, will have the rest of the Z-Crystals?
Would they create 7 new characters at the expense of giving the trial captains a bigger role? Battling them is optional and pretty pointless.

Yeah, there's none on Royal Avenue or Mount Hokulani. There is one in Tapu Village, though. So there are seven in total.

Hau'oli City: Between Malasade Shop and Police Station
Heahea City: Right next to the Pokémon Center
Royal Avenue: Right beside the Malasade Shop (little nook)
Konikoni Town: Next to the Pokémon Center (right next to the lighthouse)
Mount Hokulani: Right next to the Pokémon Center (in front of the bus)--it's completely fenced off
Malie City: Among that square of buildings leading up to the library--once again, it's completely fenced off
Route 15: Located on one of the largest islands
Seafolk Village: On the Starboard side of village opposite Pokémon Center

And no, I am not counting Tapu Village or Ancient Poni Path as empty lots as much as they are the remains of some ancient ruins. Still, I suppose one could look at these two locations as possible gym locations as well, especially given just how out-of-the-way you may need to go just to face Plumeria if on Route 15 (might make for a good location to face Nanu as an interim gym leader, however, if the fenced lot on Mount Hokulani is just that...a fenced lot).

Mount Hokulani: Right next to the Pokémon Center (in front of the bus)--it's completely fenced off

You mean the spot to the left of the guy on the Mudsdale?

mounthokulani.jpg

Personally, it hadn't even occurred to me to consider that one of the vacant lots, but I guess it could be, yeah.

And no, I am not counting Tapu Village or Ancient Poni Path as empty lots as much as they are the remains of some ancient ruins. Still, I suppose one could look at these two locations as possible gym locations as well, especially given just how out-of-the-way you may need to go just to face Plumeria if on Route 15 (might make for a good location to face Nanu as an interim gym leader, however, if the fenced lot on Mount Hokulani is just that...a fenced lot).

I do agree that the Ancient Poni Path one is probably just ruins. But I think the one in Tapu Village is a lot more conspicuous... and not "ruin-ey" enough to be ruins. Although in fairness, it does seem oddly close to the Route 15 lot.

I was randomly searching up the The Officla (Gen VI) future speculation thread.
Just about time Sun and Moon were announced (or rather, the logos were leaked) , a User (@Blazing Charmander to be exact), made an interesting observation.... (since the quote function wasn't available in the tread, I decided to copy-paste it)...

Sun.

Moon.

Star?...
300px-Kalos_alt.png
Phew, what a curveball. I actually can't get my head around these titles being the announcement in tomorrow's Direct. 'Z' went far down in my estimations after the 'Rainbow' leak, and now these crop up and very much have the feel of a new generation. Game Freak are on record as saying that they wanted to tie up Gen VI in a unique way though, so maybe these are another spin on the traditional third game (complete with the Strange Souvenir region?).

Bring on the Direct!"

So, basically the user does a not-so-random guess on the third version title. The guess also turns out to be the name Stars, and the user observes that the Kalos Region is shaped like a star.
I know this sounds like a Wild Speculation but it sort of supports my theory of how Stars could be a XY and SM game. The theory is as follows... (I really need to make a pastebin or something)

"I posted my views on Pokemon Star in the Generation VII confirmed thread, so I'll just copy-paste them here, adding some more bits regarding the 3DS...

Heading onto Pokemon Star, I think it can work if the same game is released for Nintendo Switch and the 3DS. I've got a theory that it might be the 'Parent Game' of XY and SM some people were taking about. The game could incorporate both their 'Star' regions- Alola and Kalos into one game. This game would contain the highlights of both Kalos and Alola. It could act as a 'Semi-Generation', introducing some more Megas and Alola forms. I would also like to see expansion on the Battle Bond, with more starters added which can have this as an ability.
Xerneas and Yevtal could get 'perfect forms', and there could be something in the way of a third legendary to complement Solgaleo and Lunala.

The Switch would be able to handle these games, I don't know about the 3DS, though. Pokemon Star(s) is just my idea of an unpredictable 'Epic' game. Pokemon Star could be the true anniversary game.

These games could contain both Gyms, and Island trials, and would focus on the best things of Kalos and Alola. They could expand on SM and XY's storylines, adding more areas, and maybe we could meet Lillie again?

It would be one epic game, acting as a bridge between XY and SM. This idea of a 'Semi-New Generation' would be surprising.

And, maybe they would create a 3DS version of these games, or the games could be used on a 3DS?

Stuff that I didn't add in the previous post...

I think this game will be heavy on lore and various forms of Pokemon. I think we'll see Alolan Forms and Megas from other regions. I think Pokemon will try to increase its sales, by luring all kinds of people to their games- be those be genwunners, or people who like to way of Kalos, and Unova.
This game should have the focus on all regions, and it'll have the chance to be one epic Pokemon game.

However, I see these games at the earliest in the end of 2017"

I think the very idea of Alola adding gyms, and esoecially re-titleling trial captains as gym leaders, is bizarre. Trial Captains have been an inteinsic part of Alola's culture for who knows how long, and I'm just not sure what adding gyms would contribute to the story or world or how/why they would make that jump in-game. The League was something they could relatively tack omln at the end to create a sort of end goal for all the trainers who beat the Island Challenge, but how would gyms fit into that structure?

I think the very idea of Alola adding gyms, and esoecially re-titleling trial captains as gym leaders, is bizarre. Trial Captains have been an inteinsic part of Alola's culture for who knows how long, and I'm just not sure what adding gyms would contribute to the story or world or how/why they would make that jump in-game. The League was something they could relatively tack omln at the end to create a sort of end goal for all the trainers who beat the Island Challenge, but how would gyms fit into that structure?

I think they could do a Tradiitonal vs Modern storyline for Stars. Like some could consent to become gym leaders, but others would maintain their trial captain status. Overall, a new storyline for Stars.

Rumor: Laura Kate Dale on the Switch: clarified leaks, bits of new info - Nintendo Everything

As I said in the other thread, we have new rumors about getting 20 new Pokemon for Stars, but the original leaker of Stars does not believe it.

I think it's possible that these are 20 megas or Alolan forms instead of actual new Pokemon.
If this leak is true I think that's very possible if not likely the case. Maybe a new legendary or something, but I think the bulk will be Alola variants and potentially Megas.

Okay first of all, please proofread this. There's a lot of spelling errors here.

Anyway, they may be required to by the Pokemon League, every region that has a League also has gyms, and Alola just got theirs, so maybe after the protagonist becomes Champion they're starting to replace trials with gyms as a necessary step in the region's development to gain the respect of other regions. And again, with trials being similar to gyms already, they could easily convert them into gyms and even adapt some elements of trials into the gyms, retaining Alola's unique culture. Maybe you could still have to go to Trial sites and complete missions before the gym leader allows you to challenge them for example, or the trial sites themselves could be the gyms instead of using buildings.

I already posted my thoughts on that rumor in the rumor thread but the tl;dr is, I agree with @lavandula that I don't think they will make 20 100% new pokemon.

Rumor: Laura Kate Dale on the Switch: clarified leaks, bits of new info - Nintendo Everything

As I said in the other thread, we have new rumors about getting 20 new Pokemon for Stars, but the original leaker of Stars does not believe it.

I think it's possible that these are 20 megas or Alolan forms instead of actual new Pokemon.
What if one of the twenty Pokemon is a new Mythical? Maybe it can be the star of 2019's film with Mewnium-Z being 2017 and Marshadow being 2018?

This way they can give us another set of games, maybe Sinnoh remakes, for 2018 before a break in 2019. Gen 8 then in 2020 with Kanto sequels for the 25th anniversary.

That would make Gen 7 the longest generation ever. But it could buildup a fan base for Gen 8.

This way they can give us another set of games, maybe Sinnoh remakes, for 2018 before a break in 2019. Gen 8 then in 2020 with Kanto sequels for the 25th anniversary.

That would make Gen 7 the longest generation ever. But it could buildup a fan base for Gen 8.

Considering how similar the graphics in Gen 5 were to the graphics in Gen 4. We might get Gen 5 and Gen 1 remakes within the same Gen. Which would be a bit of a stretch but would actually fit in considering both the original Gen 1 and Gen 5 only had Pokemon from their own gen in their regions. Gen 5 almost served as a 'soft reboot' being apart from all the old regions in the game.

I wonder if they will try and tie in the plot of Gen 1 and Gen 5?

@lavandula, Well I'm not buying the whole "20 new pokemon in stars", GF always reveal new pokemon in a new gen, not introduce more in third game or sequel. I don't know about new megas or alola forms, I'm just thinking out lot, what do you think?

@lavandula, Well I'm not buying the whole "20 new pokemon in stars", GF always reveal new pokemon in a new gen, not introduce more in third game or sequel. I don't know about new megas or alola forms, I'm just thinking out lot, what do you think?

Probably be like the XY to ORAS situation where ORAS got a handful of new Megas. So that means 20 new Alolan Variants for Kanto *twirls finger* whoopee.

Back
Top Bottom