• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nintendo isn't gamefreaks boss,they can take pokemon anywhere they want to.

No they can't. Game freak only owns part of the Pokemon Franchise. Nintendo and Creatures inc own just as much of the Pokemon franchise as Gamefreak does, and there is likely something in one of the contracts that state that all Pokemon games can only be created for Nintendo consoles. Game freak definitely can't take Pokemon wherever they want.

Lol if it hooks up to a TV it's a console.

And if you can play it in your hands anywhere you want, then it is a handheld, so what is your point exactly? It is already confirmed that the Nintendo Switch is a console/handheld hybrid, so I fail to see what you're attempting here.

No they can't. Game freak only owns part of the Pokemon Franchise. Nintendo and Creatures inc own just as much of the Pokemon franchise as Gamefreak does, and there is likely something in one of the contracts that state that all Pokemon games can only be created for Nintendo consoles. Game freak definitely can't take Pokemon wherever they want.

And if you can play it in your hands anywhere you want, then it is a handheld, so what is your point exactly? It is already confirmed that the Nintendo Switch is a console/handheld hybrid, so I fail to see what you're attempting here.
If they can only make games for Nintendo then why is there a Pokemon go?

Nintendo might own a share of Pokemon but I doubt it considering when go came out Nintendo stock shot thru the roof until everyone found out they didn't own pokemon and weren't making money off go.

Nintendo might own a share of Pokemon but I doubt it considering when go came out Nintendo stock shot thru the roof until everyone found out they didn't own pokemon and weren't making money off go.

As you can see in the opening screen of Pokemon go, it is a joint project between Niantic co. And TPCi (The Pokemon Company International- Which includes all the shareholders of Pokemon). Niantic decided to make an application, and TPCi allowed it, and the application gives TPCi credit.

I also guess that TPCi may have a share in Pokemon go, and have a small share of its profits, but don't quote me on that...

As you can see in the opening screen of Pokemon go, it is a joint project between Niantic co. And TPCi (The Pokemon Company International- Which includes all the shareholders of Pokemon). Niantic decided to make an application, and TPCi allowed it, and the application gives TPCi credit.

I also guess that TPCi may have a share in Pokemon go, and have a small share of its profits, but don't quote me on that...
I believe what Nintendo told their share holders was that they make minimal profits off of go.

So they probably have a small owner ship in pokemon, because they were also saying Nintendo was only pulling in a minimal amount of the money go was bringing in.

But we all know how loyal Japanese companies are, unless Nintendo goes out of the console business GF won't publish games anywhere else even tho they could.

Pokemon go only exists because Nintendo decided to go mobile,so it gave GF the opening

But we all know how loyal Japanese companies are, unless Nintendo goes out of the console business GF won't publish games anywhere else even tho they could.

Did you suddenly change your opinion? You were arguing that Pokemon could move to the PS4, and suddenly you say that GF won't do that?

Did you suddenly change your opinion? You were arguing that Pokemon could move to the PS4, and suddenly you say that GF won't do that?
Could and would are two different things.
I only used the ps4 as an example arguing against the just because it hasn't happened don't mean it will argument.

I hope that, if Stars exists, they add more ways to lower the chances of an opponent calling for help.

I hope that, if Stars exists, they add more ways to lower the chances of an opponent calling for help.
Personally, I'd hope that they make it Adrenaline Orb only, BUT make it so that the calling for help happens at a set rate (say every 3-5 turns, the game checks if there's two there and if not, the Pokémon present will always call for help unless statused) and always works (so no "it's help didn't appear"). Would be a significantly less luck-based method of portraying the mechanic.

I once had a Ditto kill itself with struggle before it managed to call for help.

Which would make it inconvenient for people searching for SOS-only Pokemon or better EVs. They need to fix a bunch of stuff with SOS battles, not just that.

Which would make it inconvenient for people searching for SOS-only Pokemon or better EVs.

Not really though, if you want that you just use an Adrenaline Orb, which you already should be doing if you're actively looking for SOS-Battles. But without an Adrenaline Orb, the calling rate could be a lot lower imo. The idea's fun, but a wild Pokémon almost always calling an ally when you're trying to catch it is annoying as hell.

I really like Glaceon Mage's idea though: make it Adrenaline Orb only, get rid of the SOS Battle exclusive Pokémon and get rid of the "help didn't appear" nonsense. That would make it perfect I think. But just lowering the calling rate when you don't use an Adrenaline Orb would already help a lot.

Not really though, if you want that you just use an Adrenaline Orb, which you already should be doing if you're actively looking for SOS-Battles. But without an Adrenaline Orb, the calling rate could be a lot lower imo. The idea's fun, but a wild Pokémon almost always calling an ally when you're trying to catch it is annoying as hell.

I really like Glaceon Mage's idea though: make it Adrenaline Orb only, get rid of the SOS Battle exclusive Pokémon and get rid of the "help didn't appear" nonsense. That would make it perfect I think. But just lowering the calling rate when you don't use an Adrenaline Orb would already help a lot.
Yeah, that sounds about better (of course, assuming you mean "get rid of the SOS-exclusive Pokemon" as in "make them regularly available in the wild" :p).

Gamefreak didn't even develop Pokemon GO, they were only involved with the project to a small degree. Gamefreak in no way decided on their own to go against Nintendo and ask someone to develop a game for mobile. Whatever your point was with this (which I don't really understand what it was exactly), it is invalid. As I stated before, Gamefreak can't just go and develop Pokemon Games by themselves for another console. It is Nintendo and Creatures inc together with Gamefreak that make up the Pokemon Company, and therefore, they have to be united on their decisions.

Shoot, if Stars is for the Switch, how about new Pokémon exclusive to Stars? Not just Alolan forms, but undiscovered entries.

Shoot, if Stars is for the Switch, how about new Pokémon exclusive to Stars? Not just Alolan forms, but undiscovered entries.

In that case, they'd be forced to release Marshadow.

That seems unlikely to happen and if it did would likely tick off the players if they handled it like Or/As (In which only a grand total of 2 of the Mega Evolutions introduced in those games cannot be used in X/Y). Exclusive Alola Forms or Mega Evolutions are more likely because they don't add a space to a Pokedex.

Then again the existence of Mythical Pokemon already proves that Game Freak is willing to taunt players with empty gaps that can't be filled normally, and there is a slight possibility that they would release an update with data for the new pokemon but I wonder if that is even possible given the limited space without going over the edge of the 3DS's memory limits (though I guess we'll have to see the Bank update for that answer).

Since when has Game Freak cared about ticking off people? :p

Well I could make an Appeal to Tradition and simply say that they always get all the new pokemon of the generation out into the headlining games. But that would be very flimsy as they "always" used gyms, have the Legendary Pokemon be single stage pokemon, lock the shiny charm behind the national dex, and a whole slew of things that they did not do in sun and moon.

Plus it would be an interesting marketing push. Completionists would had otherwise been able to get the Shiny Charm without catching a single pokemon if they already done so in gen 6 and Sun and Moon or want to get into the competitive side, and the Shiny Charm itself is easier to get by virtue of requiring half as many mons as usual. Which means those kind of players would have little reason to get Stars unless they don't have gen VI games and Bank. Having 20 exclusive pokemon that counts towards the pokedex from Stars onward would give them a reason to buy the games now instead of waiting for the next generation to appear.

On the other hand, if they did do this then that might probably hurt them in the long run. I can see some people pass up whatever headlining pairs of games they bring out from that point because they might think that the headlining games would not introduce all of that generation's pokemon and that the 3rd version might have the "true" pokedex with all of that generation's pokemon listed. Sun and Moon already get accusations of incompleteness as is without adding 20 brand new mons in the mix.

I still find it unlikely, but not impossible, not in the generation that did what we previously thought impossible.

Last edited:
I find it strange that it could be 20+ new Pokemon. The plus could possibly indicate more than 20 and not just 20 exactly. So we could possibly be having 25 new Pokemon for example. :|

Back
Top Bottom