• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm starting to think that "stars" will not be the first pokemon game for switch, because of this ‘Pokemon Stars’ News Update: Players Waiting For Release Date On Nintendo Switch, But Experts Believe It Could Be A Different ‘Pokemon’ Game, maybe I'm wrong on this one, what do you think?

I'm going to be blunt: This looks like something I wrote while just idly speculating on this thread. I really have trouble considering it any more serious than my own idle speculations, and those could be disproved tomorrow with me not even blinking.

Take it with a grain of salt, just like you would any speculations by me or anyone else who posts something that vague.

In today's world anything posted online is perceived as fact by half of everyone.

Even if stars is in development it doesn't mean anything until we get a release date.

I mean 2/3 of the Wii u's developed games never came out,don't get your hopes up for any game till an official announcement of release.

According to the rumor, Stars was in development alongside Sun&Moon. Well, an interview just came out claiming that SuMo was in development since 2013. I highly doubt that they were working on a Switch game then.

Last edited:
Y'know, I wonder if they'll include a Pikachu with Ash's hat from the 20th movie in the next main series game, assuming these guys will be sticking around.

I hope that PokeDaringu is a new sort of spinoff. We've had so many Mystery Dungeons already. Let's give that series a break for a while.

Yeah, it'll pop up when the generation is close to an end as it usually does. I dunno why expect it so early.

Y'know, I wonder if they'll include a Pikachu with Ash's hat from the 20th movie in the next main series game, assuming these guys will be sticking around.

They didn't allow the other special Pikachu/Pichu variants to be transferred forward. (and the one special pokemon varient they did allow in SuMo, the Eternal Flower Floette is X/Y's Azure Flure at this point.)

I mean 2/3 of the Wii u's developed games never came out,don't get your hopes up for any game till an official announcement of release.
Source? Nothing proven without source.

According to the rumor, Stars was in development alongside Sun&Moon. Well, an interview just came out claiming that SuMo was in development since 2015. I highly doubt that they were working on a Switch game then.
But they could've even started developing when Nintendo Prompted them to develop a game for Switch, by which time SM would be halfway, and Stars would've begun, making it developed 'alongside' SM.

According to the rumor, Stars was in development alongside Sun&Moon. Well, an interview just came out claiming that SuMo was in development since 2015. I highly doubt that they were working on a Switch game then.

Development alongside SM can mean many things. SM was technically in active development until like July-September 2016. So if Stars was started around summer, which is 100% in Switch range, then it would technically be a Switch game developed alongside SM.

I'm starting to think that "stars" will not be the first pokemon game for switch, because of this ‘Pokemon Stars’ News Update: Players Waiting For Release Date On Nintendo Switch, But Experts Believe It Could Be A Different ‘Pokemon’ Game, maybe I'm wrong on this one, what do you think?

Experts?

05fcc170-82ee-0132-43d5-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Development alongside SM can mean many things. SM was technically in active development until like July-September 2016. So if Stars was started around summer, which is 100% in Switch range, then it would technically be a Switch game developed alongside SM.
I bet that much of it was in development in 2015, when they probably have not heard of the Switch. Also, I highly doubt that GF would make a Pokemon game for a home console. Sure it's portable, but it was advertised as a home console with portable capabilities.

I bet that much of it was in development in 2015, when they probably have not heard of the Switch. Also, I highly doubt that GF would make a Pokemon game for a home console. Sure it's portable, but it was advertised as a home console with portable capabilities.

GF has gotten developer units before (like the 3DS) so it's not out of the question that they'd be able to develop for the Switch even that early. It's not like they learned about when we did. Also I think you need to consider the idea that GF doesn't really have much of choice when it comes to what they develop Pokemon for. If and when Nintendo discontinues the 3DS GF will need to move onto their next platform. If the Switch is really the thing Nintendo plans on being their main system (which combines both home console and handheld) then GF has no other choice, but to develop for it. Ultimately it's up to Nintendo if there will be another dedicated handheld system and GF really has no other options other than to go where they can. Staying on the 3DS for any amount of time more is really not much of a choice. If the Switch is the next thing then choosing to stay on a system that is being left behind is not good for business.

GF has gotten developer units before (like the 3DS) so it's not out of the question that they'd be able to develop for the Switch even that early. It's not like they learned about when we did. Also I think you need to consider the idea that GF doesn't really have much of choice when it comes to what they develop Pokemon for. If and when Nintendo discontinues the 3DS GF will need to move onto their next platform. If the Switch is really the thing Nintendo plans on being their main system (which combines both home console and handheld) then GF has no other choice, but to develop for it. Ultimately it's up to Nintendo if there will be another dedicated handheld system and GF really has no other options other than to go where they can. Staying on the 3DS for any amount of time more is really not much of a choice. If the Switch is the next thing then choosing to stay on a system that is being left behind is not good for business.

I would agree, except GF has started developing for non-Nintendo consoles. Two games so far, but I kinda suspect that if they decide they don't want to deal with developing for the Switch there is nothing Nintendo can do about it.

I do honestly think GF started looking for other options as soon as they received their Switch development kit. Because, really, I don't think they trust Nintendo home consoles.

I would agree, except GF has started developing for non-Nintendo consoles. Two games so far, but I kinda suspect that if they decide they don't want to deal with developing for the Switch there is nothing Nintendo can do about it.

I do honestly think GF started looking for other options as soon as they received their Switch development kit. Because, really, I don't think they trust Nintendo home consoles.

Well yeah I didn't mean they CAN'T develop for other companies/systems. However, Pokemon will only ever be on Nintendo systems as it's partly owned by them/ So GF can't just pick up shop and move with the franchise. As for GF and home consoles I think it has less to do with trust and more to do with the idea that Pokemon does VERY well on handheld systems. It's not like it's ever been on a home console before so we really don't know, but considering the Switch is a hybrid I'd say now is as good as any time to jump in and try it out. Although I will say that GF is very set in their ways. It took Iwata basically scolding them into making a real 3D game for them to make that jump so.....lol

I really don't see game freak breaking their "All games of one generation are on one platform rule." I really don't see the last game on the 3ds being anything other than a pokemon. Yeah a game like Fire emblem Echoes could be one of the the last games but it was still announced recently. So I think while the 3ds is on it's way out we still got a few games to go. Even if it's less than four.

Also no No Mario x Rabbids rpg

I really don't see game freak breaking their "All games of one generation are on one platform rule." I really don't see the last game on the 3ds being anything other than a pokemon. Yeah a game like Fire emblem Echoes could be one of the the last games but it was still announced recently. So I think while the 3ds is on it's way out we still got a few games to go. Even if it's less than four.

Also no No Mario x Rabbids rpg

GSC already broke any hypothetical "all games on one platform" rule. GS are Game Boy games, Crystal only works on Game Boy Color

GSC already broke any hypothetical "all games on one platform" rule. GS are Game Boy games, Crystal only works on Game Boy Color

Though there is the marketing to consider, and this is the only case of that alleged rule being broken. (and GSC being the generation before the initial cutoff point).

On the other hand I think Gen V had a similar soft split in terms of hardware (with the 3DS getting a certain app that was meant to work with the games as well as certain features only working on the DSi and beyond)

The GB/GBC line was a lot murkier compared to the gbc gba or gamecube wii etc. I don't feel the need to justify that statement.

If anything a modern equivalent would be stars being n3ds exclusive. Hell the comparison gets closer when considering outside of Japan the GBA came out before crystal.

When was ORAS announced? It's been awfully quiet in terms of Pokemon news, we were spoiled in the lead up to the release of SM, but now its back to eerie silence.

If other games are going to be released this generation, I am going to assume Nintendo/GF will be off-cycle with their traditional releasing timeframes.

When was ORAS announced? It's been awfully quiet in terms of Pokemon news, we were spoiled in the lead up to the release of SM, but now its back to eerie silence.

If other games are going to be released this generation, I am going to assume Nintendo/GF will be off-cycle with their traditional releasing timeframes.

ORAS was announced in May of 2014, released November of that year.

I say wait and see. If there's no announcement by June, then panic.

Back
Top Bottom