• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would it be a remake.... It just came out....

And what are the Sinjoh ruins?

I think he might be reffering to 3rd versions. NVM read the relevant context and it might techiclay be considered a remake since was released later than the games of refernce, though it is stil lrather early since the generational gap is only at 1 at most, and D/P, B/W and possibly B2/W2 still need to be remade.

The Sinjoh Ruins are the remnants of a civilization that migrated from Sinnoh to Johto. Only accessible to HG/SS players that had obtained an Event Arceus and brough them to the Ruins of Alph. Its only purpose besides lore and Cynthia cameos was to allow players to get one of the D/P/Pt mascots.

Both Platinum and Black/White 2 were only revealed four months ahead, so if the next game were to be a third version that is released at the end of the year, then an announcement at E3 would not be late at all. They were both revealed early in the year because they actually released early in the year. Platinum was revealed in May, while releasing in September, so if Stars would release in November/December even an announcement in July would still be possible.

So no, not all opportunities to announce the game have already passed. Hell, E3 is about announcing new games, so to say that E3 is not a possibility is quite ridiculous. Other Nintendo games get announced at E3, Pokémon can easily be one of them despite them never having done that before. Like I mentioned before, it could be that they don't have much else new to announce, so they're saving this for it.

Yes, it could be a break year, but it's way too early to already claim that, even May isn't over yet. And people would be disappointed about that without being hyped too, so please just let people have their fun, we have to do something while we wait :p

If E3 comes and goes with no reveal then people should start to worry. Otherwise there's still plenty of time to announce something. We'll just have to be patient.

Watch GF troll us all and announce Pokemon Prism, a third version pairing for Sun/Moon with Necrozma as the mascot character :p

How would that be a troll, though? That's pretty much what this Stars rumour is - Stars is said to be a third version to Sun and Moon, and Stars is said to be codename after all. So if the game is real it could be called Prism.

Nevermind. I just realised you meant troll us by announcing something when people were saying it's a break year. My bad :p

Watch GF troll us all and announce Pokemon Prism, a third version pairing for Sun/Moon with Necrozma as the mascot character :p
I named the third version prism first in my head

You guys are too hyped. You'll be disappointed when you find out that this year will be a break year. :)
I'd like to see your reaction if an announcement is indeed made :whistle:
@Soki proved that it isn't late yet.

You guys are too hyped. You'll be disappointed when you find out that this year will be a break year. :)

It's called speculation, as in the thing this thread was specifically created for.

I highly doubt that we'll have an announcement at E3. All opportunities to reveal a game have already passed, in my opinion.

We still have plenty of time before e3 until something can be announced. The evidence that a Nintendo Direct may be upon us is still there, plus, they could be waiting until just after the e3 event to make a Pokémon announcement, in order to not kill the hype on their e3 announcements. There is most definitely still opportunities available for an announcement. You're jumping the gun, suggesting otherwise.v

I bet that the next new Pokemon game, if there is one, will be on the 3DS. Nintendo is putting too much on the 3DS to kill it now by moving one of their best selling handheld franchises off of it.

I think my hope has faded for there being any major Pokemon game releases this year. Even the non-existent "Pokemon Z" had some correlate happenings in the Pokemon world to drive the rumors.

There really isn't anything substantive to Pokemon Stars.

I think my hope has faded for there being any major Pokemon game releases this year. Even the non-existent "Pokemon Z" had some correlate happenings in the Pokemon world to drive the rumors.

There really isn't anything substantive to Pokemon Stars.

I dunno, there being an amount of very obvious empty lots present in SuMo where something is being built definitely seems to me like a hint that more is going to be done with Alola. Just one empty lot would be fine, but there's multiple of them throughout the region and they stand out a lot, so that's definitely suspicious. And there's the walking Pokémon animations that haven't been used in SuMo which may hint to walking Pokémon being a thing in the next game. And well, there's an actual rumor of it.

Z has never been more than pure fan speculation, iirc mostly based on people thinking that Kalos was empty, boring, had some inaccessible buildings and that more needed to be done with it. Which I agree with, but afaik there wasn't a single actual hint towards Z actually being a thing at all.

I dunno, there being an amount of very obvious empty lots present in SuMo where something is being built definitely seems to me like a hint that more is going to be done with Alola. Just one empty lot would be fine, but there's multiple of them throughout the region and they stand out a lot, so that's definitely suspicious. And there's the walking Pokémon animations that haven't been used in SuMo which may hint to walking Pokémon being a thing in the next game. And well, there's an actual rumor of it.

Z has never been more than pure fan speculation, iirc mostly based on people thinking that Kalos was empty, boring, had some inaccessible buildings and that more needed to be done with it. Which I agree with, but afaik there wasn't a single actual hint towards Z actually being a thing at all.
I don't know if the next game takes place in Alola, Since the movie promotes the game, and Judging by the trailers, it's a retelling story of Kanto, but so far we seen Popular Sinnoh Pokemon Piplup and Lucario, but also we seen Cross uses Incinerorar and Lycanroc (Bulbapedia). If the movie took place in Alola, and the movie focus on Solgaleo, Lunaala and/or Necrozma, then the next game will be in Alola. So before they did deleted XY announcement trailer for the next upcoming but people think it would Pokemon "Z" but instead we got ORAS. So I don't know if the next game will be in alola, if it's alola sequel, they can wait another year (I'm still doubting on alola third game, because GF pull the same stunt on "Gray" and "Z", the codename "Stars" might not turn out what it seems, i think they moved on from the third game anyway)

I'm thinking that this new movie is just to celebrate the anniversary. I'm also still thinking that we'll be having a break year.

There's also another possibility and that is that the movie is just a movie for the sake of celebrating the anniversary and has nothing to do with the next game at all :p
If it's was the next game would be n Alola sequel/third game, then why are GF and Nintendo are taking so long to announce the game, They did announce ORAS in early May right out of the blue, so why are they holding the announcement back, after the release of Sun/Moon, the rumor "Stars" was put out in the open, If they already knew that "stars" might turn to be a alola third game, they would have announce by now. If GF is doing something different for pokemon, then they want to surprise us.

I don't know if the next game will be in alola, if it's alola sequel, they can wait another year (I'm still doubting on alola third game, because GF pull the same stunt on "Gray" and "Z", the codename "Stars" might not turn out what it seems, i think they moved on from the third game anyway)
i feel the same way. the last "sister" game we got was pokemon platinum which was 9-10 years ago. i guess the pokemon company figured that selling just one game doesn't rake in enough sales as much as two separate versions could.

If it's was the next game would be n Alola sequel/third game, then why are GF and Nintendo are taking so long to announce the game, They did announce ORAS in early May right out of the blue, so why are they holding the announcement back, after the release of Sun/Moon, the rumor "Stars" was put out in the open, If they already knew that "stars" might turn to be a alola third game, they would have announce by now. If GF is doing something different for pokemon, then they want to surprise us.

One reason could be they're holding the announcement back because they're saving it for the E3.

Another could be that they're not holding it back at all and will announce it four months ahead (in June/July), like they did with Platinum and BW2.

It is not too late yet at all, you're all just impatient ^^;

One reason could be they're holding the announcement back because they're saving it for the E3.

Another could be that they're not holding it back at all and will announce it four months ahead (in June/July), like they did with Platinum and BW2.

It is not too late yet at all, you're all just impatient ^^;
If the next game would take place in alola, and we get alola sequel, don't you think they'll wait another year for it, like they did in Black 2/White 2 and if it as a third game to Sun/Moon, don't you think they'll pull that same stunt they did on Pokemon "Grey" and "Z", how do we know if they GF aren't trying to surprise us again.

Back
Top Bottom