• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we'll just see i guess. who knows what gamefreak has in mind. i'm more concerned about the game being released on the switch rather than the 3DS, although that's just because i don't have one :^(

probably not going to remake alola, we've got hints of kanto (lillie moving to kanto, main character from sun/moon is from kanto, all alolan forms are kanto pokemon), johto (walking sprites for all 802 pokemon, spiky eared pichu menu sprite), and sinnoh (lucario and piplup owned by the deuteragonists in the new movie)

i'd be fine w any of the four options above tbh, E3 can't come sooner.

How can they pull a Grey and Z 'stunt' if those games didn't exist? Those games were no more than people's fragments of imagination.
But Did GF moved away from Third game, If they want another pokemon game, don't you think they want to play a different story instead of the same story from the previous with different material and another focus on the Legendary. A third game is a improvement version of the original, especially it's on a different console, which doesn't make since. GF aren't trying to be predictable again. They wanted to do something different, instead of going back to same format before.

Isn't there some irony in the fact that people saying "Pokemon is never revealed at E3 so it must be a gap year are forgetting that usually gap years are every four years not every other year.

Essentially their logic boils down "because this event is unlikely to happen that means another unlikely event will happen.

Haven't said that Game Freak do seem to have been getting lazy of late. Not adding as much content, as many new Pokemon etc so maybe they will start having more and more breaks as well

a list of the possibilities for the new pokeyman game:

Best Ending:
we get diamond and pearl remakes.

Good Ending:
we get kanto/johto remakes.

Neutral Ending:
we get a sun/moon sister game or sequel.

Bad Ending:
we get any of the above, but they're only on the switch.

Worst Imaginable Ending:
pokemon sun/moon for the switch with updated graphics.

True Ending:
no pokemon game this year.

Best Ending:

Good Ending:

Neutral Ending:

Bad Ending:

Worst Imaginable Ending:

True Ending:

If you ask me,

True Ending: Who knows

Best Ending: We get any new main series Pokemon games for a Nintendo system. (I would prefer a game on 3ds, but if one comes to Switch I'd be fine with that. I don't have a Switch but I plan on getting one eventually, once my finances are better.)

Neutral/Good Ending: We get an announce of a game for later this year or next year. (At least we would be in the know. This guessing game is agonizing.)

Bad/Worst Ending: No game this year. (This would suck, but hey that's life sometimes.)

Isn't there some irony in the fact that people saying "Pokemon is never revealed at E3 so it must be a gap year are forgetting that usually gap years are every four years not every other year.

Essentially their logic boils down "because this event is unlikely to happen that means another unlikely event will happen.

Haven't said that Game Freak do seem to have been getting lazy of late. Not adding as much content, as many new Pokemon etc so maybe they will start having more and more breaks as well
I'm pretty sure that many people just think that it's impossible for a Pokemon game to be announced during E3 or even after, as it's usually announced within the first 6 months.

IMO, If we get a break year, at least it'll take my mind off of pokemon, because I'm tired of getting up in the morning, checking on serebii and see if we are getting any pokemon game announcement. If there's a chance we are getting something, I don't care what game it is, or what system it'll be on, I'm gonna get it. All they need to do is announce the game already.

I'm just gonna give my reasons for why I'm skeptical about Stars.

1. It would involve switching (didn't intend for that pun) consoles mid-generation. The playerbase would be split, people would have to buy a new console, and some families with multiple children may not have the money to buy two or more Switches. It's a bad business decision right now, so I think Gen VII should be finished on the 3DS.

2. GAME FREAK tends to wait until a console has a large install base before making a core series game. They made Gen III spinoffs on the DS until 2006 (2007 outside of Japan) when Diamond & Pearl came out. Gen V got spinoffs on the 3DS until X & Y came out two years after the 3DS was released.

3. A third version of a Pokemon game hasn't been made since 2008 (2009 outside of Japan). They don't sell as well as original games or remakes. Third version content like move tutors, an improved plot, and more available Pokemon could easily be added in a patch to Sun & Moon, or implemented into the sequels/remakes of the generation. A big selling point for Pokemon is having two versions to pick from.

4. The core philosophy behind Pokemon is that it's meant as a handheld game, one you can take with you. It was meant to encourage socialization with others in the physical world. Sure, online play changed this, but making the game a home console experience would change it even more. It wouldn't feel like Pokemon.

5. The New Nintendo 2DS exists, which means Nintendo has no intention of ditching the 3DS family just yet. Having the rest of this Pokemon generation on the 3DS would be a nice farewell.

All of this being said, I'm okay with having a Switch Pokemon game. I just don't think we're getting one this early. Also, I'm a sucker for Sinnoh nostalgia, so we'll probably see that first.

#sinnohconfirmed

I'm just gonna give my reasons for why I'm skeptical about Stars.

1. It would involve switching (didn't intend for that pun) consoles mid-generation. The playerbase would be split, people would have to buy a new console, and some families with multiple children may not have the money to buy two or more Switches. It's a bad business decision right now, so I think Gen VII should be finished on the 3DS.

2. GAME FREAK tends to wait until a console has a large install base before making a core series game. They made Gen III spinoffs on the DS until 2006 (2007 outside of Japan) when Diamond & Pearl came out. Gen V got spinoffs on the 3DS until X & Y came out two years after the 3DS was released.

3. A third version of a Pokemon game hasn't been made since 2008 (2009 outside of Japan). They don't sell as well as original games or remakes. Third version content like move tutors, an improved plot, and more available Pokemon could easily be added in a patch to Sun & Moon, or implemented into the sequels/remakes of the generation. A big selling point for Pokemon is having two versions to pick from.

4. The core philosophy behind Pokemon is that it's meant as a handheld game, one you can take with you. It was meant to encourage socialization with others in the physical world. Sure, online play changed this, but making the game a home console experience would change it even more. It wouldn't feel like Pokemon.

5. The New Nintendo 2DS exists, which means Nintendo has no intention of ditching the 3DS family just yet. Having the rest of this Pokemon generation on the 3DS would be a nice farewell.

All of this being said, I'm okay with having a Switch Pokemon game. I just don't think we're getting one this early. Also, I'm a sucker for Sinnoh nostalgia, so we'll probably see that first.

#sinnohconfirmed

1. That is a concern for families with more than one child. They would have to fork over hundreds of dollars or just have one Switch that the kids take turn playing.
2. It is a trend that I can see GF still doing because they want to stay on what's marketable.
3. That is why I believe they don't make third versions anymore. They don't sell as well as the other games.
4. It's a console with portable capability. But it isn't as portable as the 3DS. It's a bulky tablet with a horrible battery life. I heard Joe Merrick couldn't fit one in his bag.
5. The announcement of the 2DSXL proves that there is still a market for both the 3DS and traditional handhelds in general. Kimishima has confirmed that he is considering a true 3DS successor.

Best ending: We get a new main series game and we can speculate about it for more than 3 months.

Ok ending 1: We get a SM port and we can speculate on it for 1-2 months.

Ok ending 2: We get an inovative spin-off for 3DS with good story and graphics.

Bad ending: We don't get anything.

Worst ending: The only two games for this year are Pokemon Rumble Switch and Pokken Switch, the latter is just a port with Bounsweet instead of Pikachu Libre.

If there really is a shortage of Switches, it would mean that there will be a big problem if they try to put Pokemon on it.

Why would parents need to buy multiple Switches? You can make multiple accounts on one Switch, so you even only have to buy one game and everyone would be able to play it. If the Switch wasn't so expensive it would almost be a cheaper option, cause with the 3DS you do have to buy multiple games because there's only one savegame and it saves to the cartridge.

EDIT: yeah ok just realized there's trading/battling with each other involved, so not sure how that would work indeed...

Fair enough, though this also falls under: just because they haven't done it before, doesn't mean they won't do it now.

I agree that a third version on the 3DS wouldn't be made, because it can indeed easily be patched (though ORAS and XY has shown that GF doesn't really care about patches). However, a third version on the Switch would be a whole different story, cause it would have better graphics, you can play it on the tv, console-only gamers can finally play a Pokémon game, etc.

Well it's a good thing that the Switch is also a portable handheld then.

Again fair enough, though just because Nintendo doesn't have the intention to ditch the 3DS, they could still be planning to ditch Pokémon on the 3DS. There's lots of other games still releasing on the 2/3DS, Pokémon isn't specifically needed to keep it alive a while longer.

Also, I'm a sucker for Sinnoh nostalgia, so we'll probably see that first.

#sinnohconfirmed

100% agreed

Best Ending:

Good Ending:

Neutral Ending:

Bad Ending:

Worst Imaginable Ending:

True Ending:

Personally,

Best Ending:
Kanto/Johto sequels

Good Ending:
Sun/Moon sequel

Neutral Ending:
Diamond/Pearl remakes

Bad Ending:
Break Year

Worst Ending:

True Ending:
Unknown

Back
Top Bottom