• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It could be the option of it not being exactly how they say it is, but then that begs the question of how reliable the initial rumor even is. If they're wrong about the main idea of the game then they may be wrong about a game even existing. OR the info they were given was completely wrong, but coincidentally there is actually a game this year

Last edited:
It could be that option, but then that begs the question of how reliable the initial rumor even is. If they're wrong about the main idea of the game then they may be wrong about a game even existing. OR the info they were given was completely wrong, coincidentally there is actually a game this year
Or that Codename "Stars" relate to something else.

If Stars is real (which I'm about 50% convinced of, myself), then I think it will be a third version, just as the report says - the only question in my head is, to what extent will it be augmented? Will it be essentially just a copy/paste of SM? Will it add a few extra features, like Crystal? Or will there be a rather large stimulus of added features?

It could be the option of it not being exactly how they say it is, but then that begs the question of how reliable the initial rumor even is. If they're wrong about the main idea of the game then they may be wrong about a game even existing. OR the info they were given was completely wrong, but coincidentally there is actually a game this year

It could also be the option that "Stars" has the same setting as SM (takes place in Alola), but with a generally different story-line/path to follow. That would shake things up quite nicely from the traditional follow-up game formula.

But again if "Stars" relates to something else then why would they say it relates to a typical 3rd version? Why would their sources say that to them?
Hello, GF like to surprise the fans and troll them. They want to get them hyped up with rumored third game, and fans like to throw speculation. The last thing they want to do a predictable, Do we believe it'll be a third game, since GF had done one since Platinum, I don't know if they'll go back to the old format again. The only the thing the care about is Sells. In Gen 5, the fans were expecting Pokemon "Grey" to Black/White, but instead we got Sequel, Black 2/White 2 and Fans were also expecting Pokemon "Z" to XY, but we didn't get anything, not even a Kalos Sequel. Both "Grey" and "Z" were both pure speculation for the fans that wanted to happen. Now this time "Stars" is still a rumor, yes Eurogamer did said it's in development alongside with Sun/Moon, especially they throw out hints towards "Stars". Is it possible that GF and Junichi Masuda are trolling us, I mean we don't know if "Stars" is something that the fans were expecting.It's possible GF and Junichi Masuda like to get the fans hyped up by throwing out the rumor game, and say it's in development (which is a smart way to think the fans that the game is coming), but when the announcement comes, boom the fans did not expect a game they wanted. That's a surprise.

Here are the list of trademark from Bulbapedia that haven't been used:
  • Pocket Monsters: Topaz (Japanese: ポケットモンスタートパーズ) [application number 2002-063587, registration number 4677891]
  • Pocket Monsters: Tourmaline (Japanese: ポケットモンスタートルマリン) [application number 2002-063588, registration number 4684698]
  • Pocket Monsters: Moonstone (Japanese: ポケットモンスタームーンストーン) [application number 2002-063590, registration number 4684699]
  • Pocket Monsters: Brown (Japanese: ポケットモンスター茶) [application number 2008-093270, registration number 5222905]
  • Pocket Monsters: Grey (Japanese: ポケットモンスター灰) [application number 2008-093272, registration number 5222907]
  • Pocket Monsters: Vermilion (Japanese: ポケットモンスター朱) [application number 2008-093273, registration number 5222908]
  • Pocket Monsters: Purple (Japanese: ポケットモンスター紫) [application number 2008-093274, registration number 5222909]
  • Pocket Monsters: Crimson (Japanese: ポケットモンスター紅) [application number 2008-093275, registration number 5222910]
  • Pocket Monsters: Scarlet (Japanese: ポケットモンスター緋) [application number 2008-093276, registration number 5222911]
  • Delta Emerald[7] (Japanese: デルタエメラルド) [application number 2014-035118, registration number 5701924]

It could also be the option that "Stars" has the same setting as SM (takes place in Alola), but with a generally different story-line/path to follow. That would shake things up quite nicely from the traditional follow-up game formula.

Wouldn't that basically be a sequel?

Hello, GF like to surprise the fans and troll them. They want to get them hyped up with rumored third game, and fans like to throw speculation.

GF didn't spread this rumor tho. They don't create rumors for their games. The idea are a random employee leaked this info to Eurogamer. That's not a strategic thing for them to use to get hype up. If it was up to GF (if Stars is even real) they wouldn't want us to know about it at all yet. I think you're putting too much stock in the idea that GF has anything to do with leaks

I've mentioned many times I have neither system. I don't want any 3DS I'll purchase now to become obsolete with one game. Also, I don't like the older artsyles so I don't have any incentive to play the old DS games.
Also, I'd rather not spend on a 3DS only to find that they made the Switch (pun intended) to a new system.
oh, okay.

"switching" (it's so punderful!) the main series between consoles mid-generation doesn't make sense to me though. the best possible option to satisfy both sides is to make a 3ds and switch port of the new games i guess.

ofc, switch is the better option considering graphics/size the console is able to handle. i'm just being a saltball because i don't have one.
$300 isn't too bad tbh but as an unorthodox portable console-type thing(?) offers a dilemma. to play other games and trade and battle with my family members we would need multiple, which would equal $1,200 for each individual switch. the games will cost about $60, so that's another $180 spent. my family isn't in the best financial situation right now and i don't have a job (besides art commissions? nobody commissions me though) i know the world doesn't evolve me and the fact that i can't get one doesn't affect the market as a whole but footage/gameplay of the new game WILL be everywhere and i'll feel insanely wracked with jealousy. i had that happen with ORAS on the FIRST day the games were released and all my friends were playing them; i rushed to game stop the next day and bought a copy of omega ruby despite christmas being only a month away.

What if Pokemon stars was actually a Pokemon stadium type game. It could be named stars if it was a Pokemon Tournament style game with all gym leaders and E4 trainers?

I think that the next games are paired versions because they get more sales than one game.
By that logic, we should stop getting single third versions. Suggesting it's better we get paired third versions from now on?

Oh man, I don't know if I can think of something that would be more pointless than slightly-different dual versions of a game that is already, for the most part, pointless.

That being said, if Stars were a paired game, I suppose it would make at least some sense. Pokémon games are known for coming in pairs, and it'd be their first foray onto the Switch. So a Sun & Moon pair for the Switch... I guess I could see that. And Stars, or the idea on paper anyway, is at least more useful than most other third versions.

Yeah if it releases on the Switch, the goal is probably for the game to make people actually buy a Switch. Releasing it on the 3DS too would kind of defeat that purpose. BotW got a dual release but I think that's mostly because the game was supposed to be released on the Wii U in the first place. If Stars exists it's probably made for the Switch, as I doubt they were planning a third version on the 3DS as that seems to not be their thing anymore.

The person who discovered the Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese leaks said that a hacker said that we may get Pokemon news tomorrow.

We are not sure if it is STARS though.

PS: He later then said that the hacker mentioned was @SciresM instead of some Chinese hacker.

EDIT: PokeJungle said they confirmed that SciresM wasn't talking about Pokemon.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/JynxClub/status/865500766701625344

We are not sure if it is STARS though.

PS: Yes, this is screenshotted from my facebook..
He doesn't want to be world famous, but he is famous in Hong Kong.
That's why he asked me not to tell overseas people what his name is.
He's the exact same person who discovered the Chinese leaks.

we need to rumors/leaks thread again!

The Chinese leaker? If that's true, there may be a 50% chance there maybe something tomorrow. I was just waiting for some info, since my summer breaks have started!
First day of summer breaks with the Chinese leaker.

I think there may be a fair chance that it's Stars related.

Back
Top Bottom