• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean a Pokemon game in general. There's no doubt that Gen 8 will be on the Switch. I believe that it will come out in either 2018 or 2019.
So you're saying that as time passes, the end of the series is most likely, but there's no doubt gen 8 will happen? Your wording is conflicting with each other.

Also, we're not dismissing the possibility of gen 7 on the Switch. In fact, the more time passes, the less of an opportunity to make a 3DS game and put a third version on the Switch. Unless you're suggesting GF should outright skip the third versions for the second straight time, which isn't too likely.

I'm still wondering what lillie meant by "Z-powered form", I don't want to bring up the "Z-Forms" speculation again, but is it likely they'll be a thing for the next game or does "Z-powered form" means something?

You're reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into it here. It's just Lillie making a joke about how her change in appearance/attitude was like a Z-power.

That said, I'm not against Z-Forms being a thing.

So you're saying that as time passes, the end of the series is most likely, but there's no doubt gen 8 will happen? Your wording is conflicting with each other.

Also, we're not dismissing the possibility of gen 7 on the Switch. In fact, the more time passes, the less of an opportunity to make a 3DS game and put a third version on the Switch. Unless you're suggesting GF should outright skip the third versions for the second straight time, which isn't too likely.
Actually, it is likely, because do we think they'll go back to third game, especially it's on a different. The only thing they care about is sells. The paired games, and remake sells a lot better than third games, if they go back to the old format, don't you think the sales would decrease, meaning kids have to buy a Switch to play a third game, which doesn't make sense.

Actually, it is likely, because do we think they'll go back to third game, especially it's on a different. The only thing they care about is sells. The paired games, and remake sells a lot better than third games, if they go back to the old format, don't you think the sales would decrease, meaning kids have to buy a Switch to play a third game, which doesn't make sense.
But the 3DS can't stay afloat forever, and it's been established plenty of times (unless I missed something) that Sun and Moon are implied to have driven the 3DS to its limits with the lag and removed battle types. Adding more is a struggle, I think.

And while a third version on the Switch is out of the ordinary for Pokemon standards, it's not too bad of an idea. More room for more features (more than usual for third versions due to the change to a console), and it'd help boost Switch sales. It's also no big deal if parents have to buy multiple Switches for multiple children, since that's always what they've done for handhelds.

But the 3DS can't stay afloat forever, and it's been established plenty of times (unless I missed something) that Sun and Moon are implied to have driven the 3DS to its limits with the lag and removed battle types. Adding more is a struggle, I think.

And while a third version on the Switch is out of the ordinary for Pokemon standards, it's not too bad of an idea. More room for more features (more than usual for third versions due to the change to a console), and it'd help boost Switch sales. It's also no big deal if parents have to buy multiple Switches for multiple children, since that's always what they've done for handhelds.
1. The old 3ds push it's limit not the new 3ds, which kids need to upgrade too
2. If the 3ds won't be a while longer why announce the N2DS XL, 3ds era might be here for a little longer, maybe the next pokemon game will be N3DS/N2DS XL exclusive
3. If parent want to buy multiple Switches for kids, it's like spending $900 or $1,200 for four switches altogether, do you think the parents would pay that much for kids
4. I'm still not convinced of them going back to third game format, they want to boost the sales of pokemon games, having a third game especially, on a expensive system, would decrease the sales.

I'm more confident in Sinnoh remakes than any other game, mainly because of the intense Sinnoh references we are getting, from in-game's lack of Gen 4 to the movie itself featuring Lucario and Piplup as one of the Pokemon that Ash's companions have. While I usually don't talk about my opinion on Pokemon Stars, I'm pretty neutral on it.

I'm still wondering what lillie meant by "Z-powered form", I don't want to bring up the "Z-Forms" speculation again, but is it likely they'll be a thing for the next game or does "Z-powered form" means something?
Either she likes to joke around, she's insane like her mom, or legit thinks she's a super saiyan
Btw, I'm back

I was talking about having a new Pokemon game this year, not a new Pokemon game in general.

I still think a Kanto revisit/sequel is most likely. And hell, it could simultaneously be a sequel to SM if they work it right.

we really need the common questions and answers at the OP
Is it possible they'll do a pokemon game on Switch mini instead of regular Nintendo Switch?
If it's for Switch mini, it's also for regular Switch. Limiting it to Saitch mini would cause such an outrage which would be 10x more than rage of Pokemon moving from 3DS to Switch.

I mean Nintendo are used to pokemon being on handheld, but they never done a main series on console, but only on spin-offs games.
@mods, can we please nominate this thread for Guinness book of world records for the maximum times a single thing has been said?

If the main series be on a console, then how will we trade pokemon and battle other trainers?
It. Is. Possible.

When it comes to a console like Xbox One and PS4, you always require a Internet to play, not to mention paying for a membership card to play with other player.
I remember answering this question at this thread, maybe to you. Please read posts before posting.
MOST games would require payment. Not ALL games. Hell, Pokemon might be the only game for which they changed the wording.

Plus aren't Nintendo, GF, Pokemon Company to make a game that suppose to target for kids, okay yes teenagers and adults can play it, but they are worried about the cost of a system. Not only you have to pay $300 ($400 in walmart and gamestop), but you have pay $60 for each game and pay $50 (still free right now, but it'll change in later 2017) for the membership to play with others.
1. The Switch membership is said to cost max. $25 and not $50. Don't spread misinformation.

I don't think the parents will able to afford the game and system for the kids. They wouldn't mind paying for Nintendo 3ds, 3ds xl, N3DS XL, 2ds, and N2DS XL. So maybe they'll do a pokemon game on Switch Mini to reduce the cost of the Switch to help kids buy it better, instead of paying up $500-$600 for it. Which is a reason they should hold off of putting pokemon on Switch.
Your Switch mini paragraph makes this entire para invalid since Mini will be cheaper.

I really wish people wouldn't repeat the same (and false) things over and over again.... I'm getting pissed off. Time to block some users, I guess.
@BlindCaptainDrip If the 3ds era is over, why would nintendo announce a N2DS XL we just have Nintendo switch for two months and then they announced the upgraded version of 2DS, which indicate that the 3ds era is still alive and won't be going away for a while.
DSi and Gameboy Micro(?) would like to have a word with you.

2. If the 3ds won't be a while longer why announce the N2DS XL, 3ds era might be here for a little longer, maybe the next pokemon game will be N3DS/N2DS XL exclusive
3. If parent want to buy multiple Switches for kids, it's like spending $900 or $1,200 for four switches altogether, do you think the parents would pay that much for kids
4. I'm still not convinced of them going back to third game format, they want to boost the sales of pokemon games, having a third game especially, on a expensive system, would decrease the sales.
1. False. Lag is is reported on New 3DS too. It would be worthless to upgrade. Better upgrade to the Switch.
2. DSi and Gameboy Micro would like a word with you.
3. You suggested Switch mini, which makes this a non-issue.
4. Then explain why XY was released, since according to your logic, new Games on new systems=less sales.

(Also, do you seriously read the posts which you quote? I'm not sure)

The lag and all other problems are very much present on the New 3DS too, only slightly less. It pushes the limits of the New 3DS too.

IMO that would be worse than make it Switch exclusive. People would have to buy a new device for $200 that will probably hardly have any new games after this year, only for them to have to buy another new device (the Switch) for $300 the year after that because Pokémon will be on it then. Making it Switch only instead of New 3DS only would save people the most money in the long run.

Third games cost a lot less effort, as most of the game already exists. They only have to tweak it a bit instead of having to make a whole new game. So earning less for them hardly matters. Furthermore, the Switch is very popular, loads of people already have one and if a Pokémon games comes out on it, loads of them would buy it. Being able to play a main Pokémon game on a console is a thing I've seen a lot of people ask for. I doubt Nintendo/GF cares about those few 3DS owners who can't afford a Switch, they'll make enough money from it without them.

we really need the common questions and answers at the OP

That would only help if people would actually go back to the OP regurlarly to read it, which I very much doubt :p

Last edited:
I feel this thread is getting full of salt.... I hope I don't get high BP from all that repetition.
(I think I may work on writing a FAQ which could be stuck up somewhere for this thread, from where people could simply quote the answers to same question that is asked again and again)

I feel this thread is getting full of salt.... I hope I don't get high BP from all that repetition.
(I think I may work on writing a FAQ which could be stuck up somewhere for this thread, from where people could simply quote the answers to same question that is asked again and again)

I already edited this in the post above, but how many people do you expect to go to the OP regurlarly to actually see those questions? Maybe like...one :p Even then, it won't stop anyone from repeating the questions, because the answers simply don't satisfy them. People just need something to talk about while we wait, let them. If you don't like the repeating questions, you could just not respond to it or scroll past it, it's a lot less effort than making a FAQ.

I already edited this in the post above, but how many people do you expect to go to the OP regurlarly to actually see those questions? Maybe like...one :p Even then, it won't stop anyone from repeating the questions, because the answers simply don't satisfy them. People just need something to talk about while we wait, let them. If you don't like the repeating questions, you could just not respond to it or scroll past it, it's a lot less effort than making a FAQ.

I get you, but people simply don't post reasons for why are the answers not satisfying. Some just repeat their questions. (Not mentioning names here, but some users don't seem to be reading the posts they quote from what I infer).
I just thought of making one since it'd be one less effort to write for someone. We cannot get quality answers till the 'other side' actually explains why aren't my (and other users') answers satisfactory.

I intended the following scenario.
User1: Posts a repeated question.
User2: quotes from FAQ.
Here the things branch out

Scenario 1 answer is satisfactory, argument ends.
Scenario 2 answer is not satisfactory, reasons are given, and talk resumes.

Also, it becomes annoying to be discussing a game, and such posts just deceive people. I've seen such repetitive posts taken as fact sometimes, making us required to answer them to have a sensible discussion.
(For ex. The general consensus that the Switch cannot communicate with 3DS is almost commonplace).
I think I'll try to ignore.

New Topic: What amount of changes do you expect in Stars from SM? Minor, major, or a story overhaul?

Oh come on i am dying for more Lillie news!!!

OK if the new game is just a 3rd ver like what Platinum is to DP, I hope they make the battle facility the cruise ship and invite major gym leaders from past games and also past player characters back with redesigns that put them in beach gear. It can be one massive cruise party. IDK how they can switch up the games. Maybe more battles with the trial captains in the post game? Have Mina invite you to carry out a test run on the trial that she designed in the post game?

Oh come on i am dying for more Lillie news!!!

OK if the new game is just a 3rd ver like what Platinum is to DP, I hope they make the battle facility the cruise ship and invite major gym leaders from past games and also past player characters back with redesigns that put them in beach gear. It can be one massive cruise party. IDK how they can switch up the games. Maybe more battles with the trial captains in the post game? Have Mina invite you to carry out a test run on the trial that she designed in the post game?

1. I don't think everyone should be wearing beach gear. There is always a Snape-styled person present among us...
2. The beach wear might strain the everyone rating Pokemon games strive for.

Back
Top Bottom