• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
????

And how is beach wear not family friendly?

Harry Potter character Severus snape always wore black robes. I just said there might be strong-willed/disciplined gym leaders who wouldn't change to beach wear and appear to be enjoying.

Having aall gym leaders in beach clothing wouldn't look too child friendly to conservative cultures, I guess.

Harry Potter character Severus snape always wore black robes. I just said there might be strong-willed/disciplined gym leaders who wouldn't change to beach wear and appear to be enjoying.

Who would those be? Moprty and Koga?

Having aall gym leaders in beach clothing wouldn't look too child friendly to conservative cultures, I guess.

It's not like it's all bikinis... :D They can still wear T-shirt/Shirts and shorts if they like.

Who would those be? Moprty and Koga?

It's not like it's all bikinis... :D They can still wear T-shirt/Shirts and shorts if they like.

There should be something beach related... you reminded me that it is surprising that beaches are not mentioned prominently. They just seem to go on and on about being a tourist place, but Hawaii is a tourist region for it's beaches AFAIK.

New Topic: What amount of changes do you expect in Stars from SM? Minor, major, or a story overhaul?

Besides the obvious (Necrozma being the focus)?

Honestly It depends.

If Necrozma is shoehorned is as yet another evolution of Cosmoem, and if the story is akin to a typicla 3rd version, then the story woudn't change that much. It would still be about the story of one girl's family drama revolving about a nebula with an aversion to bags { :p) wile a recent immigrant does the Trials as a side story (Its debatable whether Sun and Moon handled this better or worse than say, Final Fantasy XII)

If Neceozma turns yout to be a completely different pokemon and/or the games are sequels. The dynamic changes. Nexcrozma has no pre-evolution to serve as a macguffin so Lillie might need a new reason to rebel against her mother and leave Aether (and even if she doesn't Necrozma's take the limelight makes it less likely that we can battle, let alone catch Cosmog's final evolutions, or rather, Nebby's final evolutions). I can see Lillie's character developing differently if Lusamine was going after Necrozma in addition to or instead of Cosmog.

In the case of sequels? Well by that point it'd be a new story by definition. So major changes are there by default.

Last edited:
If the next pokemon game will be announced at E3 (Which will be the first time), something big is coming for pokemon, because they want to surprise us by announcing it at e3 or a little later of the year. I'm guessing they're doing something they never done for pokemon before, something we're not expecting, changing the concept, breaking the pattern. Who knows. If the next pokemon game doing the big change, what change do you want for pokemon?

Judging by how much the Anime has deviated from the storyline, maybe GF will troll us and drop a surprise set of prequel games for SM haha

You know, the existence of Rockruff has disproven that Anime-is-Game's-Prequel theory.
The only way to make prequels interesting would be to time travel, and witness the 'original' Solgaleo/Lunala.

You know, the existence of Rockruff has disproven that Anime-is-Game's-Prequel theory.

I don't think anybody means prequel in the sense that it would fall within the same canon as the games. It's more of like a prequel in a very lose sense where we find out why Lillie ranaway with Nebbie in the game.

Even so, I don't see how Prof Kukui can't get another Rockruff. It's a common Pokemon.

It's more of like a prequel in a very lose sense where we find out why Lillie ranaway with Nebbie in the game.

We already know why Lillie ran away with Nebby, though. She felt bad for it and wanted to help it get back to its home. That's not something that needs an entire game in order to explain.

Oh I was just talking about the anime and whether it could be a prequel to the game. That said, I don't think prequel games are necessary. I also don't see how a pokemon game can tell a prequel story either. A sequel is a better bet.

I don't think a Lillie-Prequel will be anymore interesting. I'll stick with my time-travel idea, where the PC possibly witnesses the evolutionary path of an ancient Cosmog, at a time when UB are prevalent in Alola due to some reason (which I've not thought in depth, but could do with Kalos's 3000 year-ago war).

Necrozma will be awake from its slumber at the time, and will intervene with Cosmog evolution. The various UB will act as totem Pokemon minus Z Aura, with some regular Pokemon as sidekicks which we battle before the real thing.
There will be no real champion, with Necrozma and its allies fulfilling the role.

This time the player's victory will be important in the sense that, if they lost, there will be an alternate reality where UB are prevalent in the present world, and are in war with humans and regular Pokemon.

This would also be a way to introduce the era variants suggested by a user. [EDIT: the user is @Silktree, who suggested it at some other threads] We could also get another Lycanroc form which was existing in the past due to the prevalence of Wormhole energy.

Last edited:
The only way to make prequels interesting would be to time travel, and witness the 'original' Solgaleo/Lunala.

I don't understand what Rockruff has to do with anything. Also, my comment was mostly a jest not meant to be taken literally.

If there's a third version of SM, his would the time be set compared to RL? Would the game be set 6 hours after your time, or 6 hours before your time?
If Nebby's final form is Necrozma, how would you get Solgaleo and Lunala? Instead they would appear as wild Pokémon, or you get that Cosmog from another universe? If so, what would determine it's final form? I guess it would depend on the time when it evolved.
What would the name of the Altars be Called? Altar of the Eclipse?
I think there could be the potential to have a versions of SM.

Pokemon Eclipse sounds like a great name for a third game.

And no way Nebby is going to become Necrozma. They look nothing alike.

If there's a third version of SM, his would the time be set compared to RL? Would the game be set 6 hours after your time, or 6 hours before your time?
If Nebby's final form is Necrozma, how would you get Solgaleo and Lunala? Instead they would appear as wild Pokémon, or you get that Cosmog from another universe? If so, what would determine it's final form? I guess it would depend on the time when it evolved.
What would the name of the Altars be Called? Altar of the Eclipse?
I think there could be the potential to have a versions of SM.
I never said that Cosmog will evolve into Necrozma. The thing in my mind was:
Ancient Cosmog>Ancient Cosmoem> Solgaleo/Lunala depending on version.
Necrozma will intervene/interfere in this evolutionary path, maybe taking a villainous role.
The altar names will remain the same, and the time will be the same +/-12hours depending on version.

Pokemon Eclipse sounds like a great name for a third game.

And no way Nebby is going to become Necrozma. They look nothing alike.

See my response to @QueenEevee. Also, I think the games will be named Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse, paired games.

What's with this ancient pokemon thing that so many of you are so into?
Was there any overt indication of ancient civi/time travel in SM?

I'd like Blue Moon and Red Sun (assuming that they are sequels set in Kanto) but those are already used for some Mega Man games. I guess Red Moon and Blue Sun could work too since they're both um astronomical occurrences as well. Solar/Lunar Eclipse sounds like a mouthful.

What's with this ancient pokemon thing that so many of you are so into?
Was there any overt indication of ancient civi/time travel in SM?

It is said that Solgaleo and Lunala create a Cosmog as a part of 'next generation', (not sure on that) also Necrozma is said to be in a slumber for a long time. So, I decided to merge the two points for a plot.

Back
Top Bottom