• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Off topic: we now have a power cut so I'm spending the night on Pokemon sites lol.

Hype for tomorrow! I'm hoping for something for a Switch.
I actually bookmarked some comments round here to quote if Stars finally becomes a thing for giggles. Hope I'll be able to quote those things tomorrow lol

When I lose hope, Pokemon brings it back
Pokemon Direct 6/6 at 10 EST! Either Pokemon Stars or Gen 4 remakes. Really hyped up, Nintendo, now I need to wait for about 16 hours...
It's time again :))

https://i.********/vp/1496672648648.jpg
kinda looks fake tho

Unlikely to be remakes if it's big enough for a Direct.
Junichi Masuda even retweeted the Direct in all available languages.
It's likely to be a really big thing.

Well there is still a remote chance that the first Pokemon Switch game will be Masuda's success in making the stadium series have a purpose again i.e. just make potential ideas for postgame content it's own game.

or you know an Alola follow up on 3ds is still possible

I wanna point out that it has been confirmed that Monster Hunter XX does have connectivity between the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch. This means it is possible for them to create a form of connectivity between consoles and that they might be able to develop a way for us to move our Pokemon to the Switch.

Haha I doubted myself at the very end but I was vindicated.

There is no way Gamefreak would jump ship during the first year in which shadows of Valencia came out and the New 3ds came out!

VICTORY!

Stars does exist, it's just that late into its development it was splitted into two versions, just like all Pokemon games.

There's no reason to close this thread, it dies when it dies. If people still want to discuss stuff about it they should be free to.

I don't care that USUM aren't Switch games because I'd find them massively underwhelming anyway, but in Eurogamer's defense, that "Switch TBA" slip-up in the press release does imply that at some point, a Switch version was considered. Otherwise, it's a strange coincidence.

A fifth Alola version for Switch in 2018 would be ridiculous should it turn out that the Stars idea hasn't been completely buried. But it makes no difference to me, so whatever. I am not sure I will get a Switch at all given Game Freak's track record (SM were the only 3DS games I somewhat liked).

I don't care that USUM aren't Switch games because I'd find them massively underwhelming anyway, but in Eurogamer's defense, that "Switch TBA" slip-up in the press release does imply that at some point, a Switch version was considered. Otherwise, it's a strange coincidence.

A fifth Alola version for Switch in 2018 would be ridiculous should it turn out that the Stars idea hasn't been completely buried. But it makes no difference to me, so whatever. I am not sure I will get a Switch at all given Game Freak's track record (SM were the only 3DS games I somewhat liked).

Nintendo are handling it very badly, they discontinued the Wii U really early on, upsetting a lot of their fans who actually had gone and bought the thing, and now the switch seems full of Wii U ports, further confirmed today. Game Freak had a chance to be at the forefront, but instead, they once again opted, to be one of the last to make the... wait for it... switch.

Back
Top Bottom