• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon: Stars of the Global Stage (sign ups and discussion)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
(This RP is rated E10+)

The Premise:

In Unova (and elsewhere) Pokémon Musicals are some of the hottest entertainment, a spectacle where human and Pokémon perform together to tell some of the world's best known fairy tales and adventure stories, as well as lesser known fairy tales and stories inspired by fairy tales.

Those that have traveled to Unova to see the musical describe it as "the show of all shows." In addition to music dancing, and acting, many musicals feature martial arts, acrobatics, stage combat and stage archery, and even live Pokemon (even if they don't play an active role in the show).

To participate in the Musicals, one signs up to audition at a theater, then auditions to determine what kinds of roles they are suited for, as well as chemistry with others. Groups of people can audition together, and then have their role types determined separately.

Role types only have to be determined once--the information is then shared among the other theaters in the world. A performer is not squarely set within their determined role type--they may be asked to play roles outside their role type; if the Musical requires it.

Performers (participants in the Musical Challenge) earn Star Pins for a Spotlight Button if they do well in a performance--those that earn a Star Pin in every theater in a region (which can be anywhere from eight to sixteen depending on the region) go on to perform in the Grand Musical or the Grand Revue (depending on which version of the challenge you're on) during the Pokémon League.

For the most part, boys, girls, and Pokemon share the stage together in the Musical. But there is a girls only (and those that identify as female) subset of the Musical called the Pokemon Revue, which is a separate challenge that follows the same rules as the Musical.

With the growing popularity of the Musical (and its sister challenge the Revue), people in other regions have requested, begged and pleaded for the musical to come to other regions. This year, Champion Lance has announced that Kanto will be the first region outside Unova to receive the Pokemon Musical and the Pokemon Revue as journey options, for those trainers that don't want to try for Badges or Ribbons.

You play the role of an aspiring performer setting out on Kanto's inaugural Musical Challenge--What ups and downs await you on your road to superstardom? Will you make friends, or bitter enemies? Will you become one of the musical's many stars, or will you be relegated to MyTube videos?

What to Expect on this Adventure:

The RP is broken up into episodes--each episode is a different show you will be performing (so Pallet Town is one episode, Viridian City is an episode, and so on) There are sixteen possible theaters in Kanto you can perform in, and you need at least eight Star Pins to join the Grand Musical/Grand Revue.

Most of the time, an episode will play out in a standard fashion--you arrive in a location, go to the theater and learn what show you will be performing there. Auditions will take place offscreen, but the players will be given roles based on what their strongest role type is (determined at the start of the challenge)

While I have all the scripts for the show, I will be feeding the players their lines so the characters know what they are (and how the songs go)

There will typically be three rehearsals for a show, and then you perform it. Those that perform their roles the best get Star Pins.

You are more likely to get Star Pins if:

--you play the best known role
--you say the show's best known line
--do well singing
--pull off a dance, fight scene or act very well
--You satisfy a Patron Challenge

While most performances are straightfoward enough, you may get a Patron Challenge--the Gym Leaders and some other prominent characters count as Patrons, and they may ask you do something specific during the show (so for example, Brock may challenge you to play an instrument during the show during the Pewter City episode). If you satisfy the Patron Challenge, that goes towards your Star Pin score.

In between parts of a performance and on the road, you are free to explore town or explore the area--you may find Pokemon to catch or unlock a sidequest.

Once an episode ends, Star Pins will be awarded, and a leaderboard will be posted. Those that get at least eight Star Pins go on to the Grand Musical/Grand Revue during the Indigo League, where Lance is your Patron. His challenge is highly challenging, but worth your while.

Those that do well are crowned Grand Performers--a title they hold for life.

To join in, sign up with the following info:

Character's name:

Character's age (anywhere from age 12 to 17 is fine)

Character's physical appearance:

Character's personality:

Character's known history:

Character's Pokémon (if any--any of the 890 known Pokémon are okay to use, within reason. Legendaries are only allowed if you can come up with a good backstory as to how you got it):

Character's talents (do they sing well, dance well, play an instrument, act well, etc?)

Last edited:
Is this still going I like this idea
I want to sign up

Character's name: Rebecca

Character's age: 16

Long brown curly hair, green eyes, pale skin
Normally wears a light blue jacket with pink buttons and short white skirt, pink scarf, pink gloves and brown hiking boots

Character's personality: Rebecca is a girly girl
Normally shy but rather friendly when she gets to know people unless aggravated

Character's known history: Rebecca is a 16 year old girl from Nuvema town in the Unova region, she is best friends with Rosa.
Her first Pokemon was Minccino nicknamed Charlie
While on her journey she caught a lot of Pokemon
She heard about the Musical Challenge from her mum who thought Rebecca would be a Coordinator, Rebecca decided to to take on the Pokemon League instead but has competed in a few contests

Pokémon:
Minccino(Charlie) (Female)
Samurott(Oscar) (Male)
Lilligant(Lily) (Female)
Druddigon(Rocky) (Male)
Liepard(Bella) (Female)
Elgyem(Roswell)

She has a lot of other Pokemon from the other regions but when in her home region she rotates her Unova Pokemon and the 6 I put are the ones I’m using

Talent: she is a really dancer (ballet)

Last edited:
  • Staff
To join in, post here with the following info:

Character's name:

Character's age (anywhere from age 12 to 17 is fine)

Character's personality:

Character's known history:

Character's Pokémon (if any--any of the 890 known Pokémon are okay to use, within reason. Legendaries are only allowed if you can come up with a good backstory as to how you got it):

Character's talents (do they sing well, dance well, play an instrument, act well, etc?)

Alright, I will sign up because it seems interesting
Name: Adam
Appearance: Short spiky jet black hair, black eyes, wears a green coat and black cap ( like Red) , wears black denim jeans and wears green sneakers
Personality: A short tempered but confident person. Always gives one final shot when he knows he is gonna lose.
Known History: Adam was just like any other Pokemon Trainer with his Pokemon team ready to fight. However after collecting all gym badges, Adam realized something.
He was not having fun battling and he always had a theory, if you do not have fun then don't do it. So he was about to go home and get a real job, until Kanto said that they were having Pokemon Musicals!
Since he lives in Hoenn, Unova was far away, but now he could have fun doing Pokemon Musicals.
Pokemon:
Shiftry: Grass/Dark(Miracle Seed) Chlorophyll
Xatu: Psychic/Flying(Leftovers)Magic Bounce
Houndoom: Dark/Fire(Charcoal)Flash Fire
Scizor: Bug/Steel(Silver Powder) Technician
Steelix: Steel/Ground(Weakness Policy) Sturdy
Aerodactyl: Rock/Flying (Mega) Tough Claws

Aerodactyl was his starter since on his 11th birthday, he announced he wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer and since his dad was keen on the idea he gifted him a Aerodactyl since he worked as a
arceologist. Later on in Kalos, he also found a mega stone in the grass.

Talents: Ever since Adam was a kid, he played drums because he used to live in Galar before moving to Hoenn, and being an avid fan on battles he watched the Pokemon battles on TV. His favourite Pokemon was Rillaboom and so he took on drumming.
He is also great at Pokemon Battling since he began his journey as a trainer.

This is my first Roleplay post so I might not be too good at it but I hope I do well.

Last edited:
Sign me up! Also, since this outta be a Multiverse Crossover, this will take place two years after the events at Camp Faith (Magical Pokemon Quest: The Prologue). Also, I'm mostly available Mondays through Fridays.

Character's name: Abigail Rosa Mercia (but only put 'Abigail' unless mentioning the full name, OK?)

Character's age: 12

Character's physical appearance: Pokemon Trainer Abigail Rosa Mercia (Main Outfit) by Latis2454 on DeviantArt (Hope it's OK!)

Character's personality: Very Cheerful and Friendly, but can sometimes fight the MEAN way

Character's known history: Abigail Rosa Mercia was a special Pokémon Trainer. A Magic Trainer, that is. Like all Trainers, she fought her way to getting all eight badges and entering the Pokémon League. Unlike everyone, though, she also helped a lot of people than simply go on a journey. Sadly, half a day after defeating her rival Castiel in the League, Rithcie, her beloved Pikachu, dies, leaving the girl mute and silent until her arrival at Camp Faith. Afterward, and thanks to a lot of extra challenges (including the worldwide Pokémon Musical), Abigail becomes her cheerful self once more. Eventually, after four years, she will join Team PokéFaith on their travels around the world.

Character's Pokémon: Vultales the Vulpix (Fire and Ice Type) + (F) (I'll give you what the Vulpix looks like soon.)

Character's talents: Dancing (Ballet); Baking PokéPuffs, PokéBlocks, and PokéPoffins; Singing

@Abigail Rosa Mercia

It's mostly good, but your signup is Pending:

Can you include a little written description along with your character's picture?
The standard Pokemon listing still applies in this world, so a dual typed Pokemon will not work. I can compromise by giving her the normal Vulpix and an Alolan Vulpix, if that's okay.

@Abigail Rosa Mercia

It's mostly good, but your signup is Pending:

Can you include a little written description along with your character's picture?
The standard Pokemon listing still applies in this world, so a dual typed Pokemon will not work. I can compromise by giving her the normal Vulpix and an Alolan Vulpix, if that's okay.

OK, then. That wasn't my best effort anyway. Vultales, the CROSSBREED Vulpix (Fire and Ice type), will rather support her Trainer during times the two RENTAL Vulpix (Flameo the male Fire-Type Vulpix and Snowball the female Ice-Type, or Alolan, Vulpix) are unable to continue. She's just a back-up. If you don't want her, though, I'll put a little side-note later.
As for my character, Abigail has dark aqua eyes and puts her brown hair into a ponytail and has bangs. Her outfit is a pink sleeveless dress with a white zipper that is under a black jumpsuit (?) (sleeved). Unless she's in any challenge (Gyms, Musicals, Colosseum, Contests, Showcases, and Trials), there is a yellow waist-bag she also wears. I forgot the style of the shoes, but they're red, pink, black and white.

Last edited:
Ok ill join
Name: Cobers John Wilson
Appearance: Always wears pajamas, nightsuit, has white short hair. He also wears slippers with a spinarak - man design.
Personality: He is very sleepy and likes to carry a blanket in case he feels sleepy.
History: He used to work as a safari zone employee since they basically do nothing so that he could sleep, but his mom told him to do something productive so he had to participate
in he musical.

Pokemon:
Slaking (Choice Band)
Spinda
Exploud
Snorlax
Jigglypuff (Everstone)

Despite being a sleeper, he actually has a formidable team. He does like normal types and slakoth was his starter since both related to each other.

Talents: Sleepwalking, eating, singing songs because he has learnt from his Jigglypuff ( he does not make everyone sleep though), sleepdancing and of course sleeping!

I know it's an obscure character but I really wanted to make a funny character for some reason.

Name: Cobers John Williams
Appearance: He has white hair with brown eyes. He wears a plain white t- shirt and white trackpants. He wears grey crocs and has a knit grey cap.
History: He used to work as a frontier brain in Hoenn before going to Sinnoh to fulfill his dream of being the champion there as in Hoenn, the champion Steven used steel and rock types making it really hard for his normal type Pokemon to stand a chance. But during the flight from Hoenn to Sinnoh the plane crashed,but thankfully his Snorlax used psychic to keep the plane afloat for a while just before crashing so everybody could get off and they landed in Kanto. He was worried but then they announced musicals and he fell in love with them so he joined
Pokemon:
Slaking
Spinda
Snorlax
Wigglytuff
Komala
Watchog
Slakoth was his starter and he caught Jigglypuff which evolved into Wigglytuff in Kanto.
Talents: When Wallace was a gym leader Cobers John Williams defeated him and to congratulate he taught him how to dance.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom