• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

Sketch

Vintage
Reaction score
We ask that you join the IRC Chat to discuss the episode rather than make a thread about it. This thread will serve as the official Pokemon Sunday discussion thread... and it will be locked when the actual show is on. This is to cut down on spammy posts. We did the same thing when HGSS was about to come out in Japan.

You can get to the IRC Chat by clicking... well, IRC Chat in the bar at the top of the page. Then hit "Join Chat". Hope to see you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: For those of you tuning into Pokemon Sunday tonight:

Bulbagarden would like to further request its users to please not tune into Pokémon Sunday through any of the popular web feeds, unless you happen to understand Japanese (in which case, contact us and we'll hook you up for live translation). Having thousands of people on these fragile live feeds only disrupts things for those of us who do understand it and are trying to bring the news to all of you. The less people on the feeds, the clearer screenshots we'll get, and the sooner you'll have your news.

Re: Pokemon Sunday Discussion Thread

That brief video...was amazing. I predicted it, but seeing it is another thing.

Also, wow, Tokyo Tower is purty....

Well the video in question was intresting. we now know that the camera will indeed move. And that circle city is just plain awesome.

Okay, I didn't have many doubts about the graphics anyway, but that video erased any that remained - that looked just spectacular.

I always watch pokemon sunday, like the latest one, the city in circle, i would want that they show how it goes on the new battle field in video like the new city

When was it on? Why is it on so early in Japan? Wouldn't a prime time material show be on later, like 6 p.m., or 5 a.m. for us?

When was it on? Why is it on so early in Japan? Wouldn't a prime time material show be on later, like 6 p.m., or 5 a.m. for us?

it's 7.30 in japan, i'm in italy so i watched it on 00.30

It's on around 7:30am-ish in Japan, which is around 11:30 GMT. I can't remember the time difference between the UK and US though. It's also on early because it's a show targeted for young children.

I always watch pokemon sunday, like the latest one, the city in circle, i would want that they show how it goes on the new battle field in video like the new city

My reaction to seeing it: "Oh...my...God."

It's a kid's show. Sunday morning's pretty ideal for that kind of thing.

Also, I don't always enjoy the bits in between the anime and the news at the end, but all the different-color stuff in this episode was amazing, especially the foods. (I want a white strawberry now. >.>)

Pokemon sunday comes on at 7:30 am in japan. Because Japanese time is ahead of our time, it comes on about 14 hours earlier here, at around 5:30 central time during daylight savings time.

Looks like we'll have only 4 way movement in gen 5.

Again...

Pokemon sunday comes on at 7:30 am in japan. Because Japanese time is ahead of our time, it comes on about 14 hours earlier here, at around 5:30 central time during daylight savings time.

Looks like we'll have only 4 way movement in gen 5.

Again...

But the camera moves, and that alone opens up a ton of possibilities. Just imagine the kind of weird perspective puzzles they could pull off in Gyms now.

It's a kid's show. Sunday morning's pretty ideal for that kind of thing.

Also, I don't always enjoy the bits in between the anime and the news at the end, but all the different-color stuff in this episode was amazing, especially the foods. (I want a white strawberry now. >.>)

And Wedensday night is not perfect? Also, most people should live in EST, or for now EDT, so that means it is -13 hours, which means 7:30 turns into 6:30 on the opposite scale.

Aw, I didn't know there even was a Pokemon Sunday big deal thing. Like, I didn't even know there was anything special. Now I'm all behind.

So they had actual gameplay??

Which protagonist did they show? It's hard to tell. It looks like White, the boy.

Aw, how cute. Do I see Pikachu poster on one of the buildings? There really is a difference between the game and anime designs..
I wonder if you can enter any of those allys..

It was the girl. That was pretty cool I suppose. Was the music in game? If so, it hasn't evolved too much. But still pretty catchy at least. The fact they showed a still picture of that pokemon battle irritates me. like they're mocking me. =P

Back
Top Bottom