• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

I don't know.

QdSrK.gif

Oh my god I need that video now

Shell Blade is the signature move of the Mijumaru line. It's very good early on in the game due to its above-average base power. However, the time that Mijumaru might learn this move through level-up could be when the option for it to evolve is present.

Besides, it's not like the player will automatically receive better physical STAB moves like Waterfall early on in the game.

You have to make due with what you have.

Chrononeko is probably not one to have good defense.

In Choroneko's defense, it's a Level 10 pokemon being hit by a STAB attack with 75 base power from a Level 17 Mijumaru.

wow this new episode was cool! I really like N's battle song, i hope we hear more of it later on in future videos. Not truly new but it made me want the game even more!

By the way did anyone notice that N was in the crowd during the plasma's speech? lol i didn't notice till i looked backed and saw his black cap.

For anybody that hasn't seen the PokeSunday stream, it's filb.de now.

By the way, Masuda shown the two different box arts. Did he elaborate on them?

By the way, Masuda shown the two different box arts. Did he elaborate on them?

Dunno.

What I do know is that Oha Suta is on right now. Nothing so far, they've shown one commercial we've already seen.

They are showing things all week. if this thread becomes a waiting game I will close it.

Hey, what is Piramekino? Serebii says that it is showing Pokemon B/W info all week as well, but I've never heard of it. :0

So I jsut saw the Oha Suta footage... those hosts are creepy.

Anyways, the fire bomb (as I'm calling it) move is awesome. It just looks so amazing.

Anyways, the fire bomb (as I'm calling it) move is awesome. It just looks so amazing.

Thank you filb.de for uploading that video, you don't disappoint.

Anyway yeah I agree Ryuutakeshi, "fire bomb" was pretty awesome. It's a shame we only saw what it to Pokabu but since Pokabu is resistant it sort of looks like it could be a powerful move. It looked like it would take 2/3's of Tsutarja, maybe even knocking it out.

Probably will definitely be a broken move though unless you and your opponent have resistant to fire Pokemon.

Although if this is Victini's signature move (complete burn can apparently be taught by Hihidaruma) then one small complaint is that it hurts you. So actually Victini might want to be paired up with Flash fire Pokemon, they would make the ultimate combo. Victini starts off with fire bomb, flash fire activates, and well there you go.

Oh wow, that move was cool. It's a shame it hurts your own team members though.

Oh wow, that move was cool. It's a shame it hurts your own team members though.

Seems to me that this Flame Bomb attack is going to be similar to Discharge. It hits all pokemon on the field except the user and has a 30% chance of burning them. If by any chance the secondary effect percentage is lowered, I'll be sad. The attack animation looks cool, btw.

Seems to me that this Flame Bomb attack is going to be similar to Discharge. It hits all pokemon on the field except the user nd has a 30% chance of burning them.

So what you're suggesting is a Fire-type equivalent to Discharge?

Why, that's a great idea! So great, in fact, that they already did that. Lava Plume, anyone?

With a mustache.

So what you're suggesting is a Fire-type equivalent to Discharge?

Why, that's a great idea! So great, in fact, that they already did that. Lava Plume, anyone?

Fire Bomb is a fire-type attack that hits everything else on the field. What exactly will be the difference between this attack and Lava Plume? It could have lower chance of burning in exchange for more power.

In double battles, both attacks appear to function the same.
It'd be a different story if we saw both attacks in a triple battle.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that'll be the clincher -- hitting all Pokemon or only the standard 3 Pokemon in a triple battle.

Back
Top Bottom