• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Sunday Discussion Thread

Man, that was amazing. The still pictures we had before did not do the city justice.

You know, the technology that the camera moves is not new for the DS at all.

Guys, about :10 into the video...what could that glowing entrance at the right be?

God, I keep watching it over and over, I can't stop. D: The music is amazing, it sounds like it's a bit higher quality than the past games, but it's hard to tell.

The movement still looks really sluggish just like Gen IV. What a disappointment.

This is still a beta..

Anyway, what are on those billboards? I see a Pikachu, a soda can and..A Piplup? It's something blue anyway.

Which protagonist did they show? It's hard to tell. It looks like White, the boy.

It might be the girl too... I thought I had seen a ponytail bobbing up and down, but I couldn't tell for sure.:sweatlol:

This is pretty awesome... even though it's somewhat-short footage, we get our first gameplay video before we get more CoroCoro news next month regarding these games.

is it just me or did the blue thing next to the gate DorianBlack pointed out look mapish?

is it just me or did the blue thing next to the gate DorianBlack pointed out look mapish?
looks like a map of the city

It's probobly the city map. Hence why it's round, and has those plain roads coming out from it. Still interesting though. The city is big enough to require a map.

It's definitely a map, and from the looks of it, the city has multiple bridges over water leading to it. Maybe it's a hub of the region.

It's probobly the city map. Hence why it's round, and has those plain roads coming out from it. Still interesting though. The city is big enough to require a map.

All the cities in Gen. IV had map signs like that, though - you just had to go up and read them to see the map.

You know, now that I look more closely at the city shot, I notice that the road leading in seems to be off center if the road below the player is part of the same road. Maybe the entire thing does rotate as you walk around the perimeter.

I got it right.

still 2D sprites, very bad.

I'm glad we're getting gameplay footage to hold us over until next month's info leak. Hopefully we'll be getting battle footage sometime soon.

That said, holy freak that city looks amazing. I get a New York-ish vibe from it. And it must be a pretty huge city considering how they didn't even circle it.
I really love how the camera actually moves with you.

Oh, and that map looked like a turtle when I first saw it. Is the city itself shaped like a turtle, or does the map just look like that from a distance?

finally a city that has its own map in-game and isn't some poor representation of major buildings roads, like when you zoomed into the map in RSE {i think its RSE anyway}

It's a kid's show. Sunday morning's pretty ideal for that kind of thing.

Also, I don't always enjoy the bits in between the anime and the news at the end, but all the different-color stuff in this episode was amazing, especially the foods. (I want a white strawberry now. >.>)
Yeah, I found that really funny...especially the rainbow roses and rainbow tulips =3

Glowing entrance might be the "gate" to the city.

This might be a perspective constructed for the city exclusively.

Glowing entrance might be the "gate" to the city.

This might be a perspective constructed for the city exclusively.

Yeah, I'm thinking this exact kind of camera movement may be rare, otherwise it'd be tricky to plan out routes in a way that you don't end up seeing them from multiple perspectives. But I wouldn't be surprised if diagonal shifts like the ones that look necessary to go onto those bridges happen a lot in normal routes.

city.png

I screenied this for one purpose, and that is that I noticed the top of the skyscraper that has the pokecenter at it's base. Is that a Pika billboard?

Back
Top Bottom