• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Sunday Discussion Thread

or maby black and white is able to take key items from your heart gold and soul silver games like a sort of wireless pal park

A side-note, but who here has a feeling this/those new Pokemon will be revealed on the official website before Pokemon Sunday? ((This is under the assumption Pokemon Sunday will show the pokemon and not the silhouettes of them.))

A side-note, but who here has a feeling this/those new Pokemon will be revealed on the official website before Pokemon Sunday? ((This is under the assumption Pokemon Sunday will show the pokemon and not the silhouettes of them.))

Not me. I believe it is too early for a website update.

The only problem is the lack of movie merchandise hints. Munchlax was revealed in May 2004 and still managed to have its movie debut two months later; the unveiling of Sky Forme Shaymin preceded the movie premiere by a mere month.

Both of those Pokemon were hinted at before May while there has been no Hints in Merchandise or on the Movie Website of them Debuting a New Pokemon in the Movie.

Some pattern will be broken: Hinting at movie Pokémon via merchandise or showcasing newly revealed Pokémon in movies whenever possible (until the movie has premiered and the ship has sailed). Breaking the first pattern makes more sense to me.

I bet 2 pennies and a half eaten donut that this Pokemon will have no connection to the movie at all. Anyone want to call or raise the bet? :D

Some pattern will be broken: Hinting at movie Pokémon via merchandise or showcasing newly revealed Pokémon in movies whenever possible (until the movie has premiered and the ship has sailed). Breaking the first pattern makes more sense to me.

The thing is though I highly doubt they would keep a New Forme so Secret!
Say if they Revealed Zoroark in February but Zorua wasn't Revealed till Next Month, I could understand that because Zorua is a New Pokemon and a bigger deal then a New Forme but a New Celebi Forme wouldn't be so Hush-Hush.
Movie Merchandise is already starting to be Released, adding in a New Forme months after the Merchandise is odd without any hints especially considering if Celebi gets a New Forme it will probably play a lesser role then Zorua and Zoroark will.

Is it so hard for people to believe the New Pokemon to be Revealed might not Debut in the Movie.
I know this is somewhat unlikely too but if anything they might Reveal a Pokemon who will play a Big Role in the Games and show it in Next Year's Teaser Trailer just like the First Movie 10 Teaser Trailer showed Dialga and Palkia Silhouetted even though they were Revealed that Month.

Last edited:

The thing is though I highly doubt they would keep a New Forme so Secret!
Say if they Revealed Zoroark in February but Zorua wasn't Revealed till Next Month, I could understand that because Zorua is a New Pokemon and a bigger deal then a New Forme but a New Celebi Forme wouldn't be so Hush-Hush.
Movie Merchandise is already starting to be Released, adding in a New Forme months after the Merchandise is odd without any hints especially considering if Celebi gets a New Forme it will probably play a lesser role then Zorua and Zoroark will.

Is it so hard for people to believe the New Pokemon to be Revealed might not Debut in the Movie.
I know this is somewhat unlikely to but if anything they might Reveal a Pokemon who will play a Big Role in the Games and show it in Next Year's Teaster Trailer just like the First Movie 10 Teaster Trailer showed Dialga and Palkia Silhouetted even though they were Revealed that Month.

I totally agree with you. I googled the Amazon.jp website for the new movie 13 merchandise and there's no other hidden Pokemon left. They've recently released the Movie edition kids set..

kidzmovie2010.jpg

All the major/supporting Pokemon are always included in the year's movie edition kids set. I would find it hard to believe for them to neglect leaving any other new Pokemon, be it a new form, out of the set. Case closed!

I bet 2 pennies and a half eaten donut that this Pokemon will have no connection to the movie at all. Anyone want to call or raise the bet? :D

Count me in son.... but I'm gonna have a full donut instead...:XD2:

I totally agree with you. I googled the Amazon.jp website for the new movie 13 merchandise and there's no other hidden Pokemon left. They've recently released the Movie edition kids set..

kidzmovie2010.jpg

All the major/supporting Pokemon are always included in the year's movie edition kids set. I would find it hard to believe for them to neglect leaving any other new Pokemon, be it a new form, out of the set. Case closed!

I think so too... I wonder what the Mismagius and the Mightyena is supposed to belong to in the movie anyways? Other than that, yeah... I haven't seen any clues like that either indicating that this upcoming new Pokemon will be in the movie.:-/ Or they could pull a fast one on us and have it appear in the movie, it's hard to say unless they say more stuff about it when they reveal it.

I have a feeling that if it IS in the movie, it will be in the Pikachu preshow, not the actual movie itself. I know they've milked merchandising for the Pikachu shorts before, but it's the only way they can work it out so all the main movie Pokes are in the merchandise. So I'm betting that it will be in the preshow, just for the fun of it.

Does anyone have a gut feeling the mascot characters (under the assumption they fall under a legendary trio) will look a bit like Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina? I can't help but feel they will, except being black and white.

Does anyone have a gut feeling the mascot characters (under the assumption they fall under a legendary trio) will look a bit like Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina? I can't help but feel they will, except being black and white.

What gives you the feeling three pokemon we haven't seen yet will look anything like the gen IV mascots?

has anyone noticed on the generation opening movies its a humanoid Pokemon and old legendary
lucario and mystery of mew
Zoroark and celibi
sorry for the off topic-ness it just occurred to me

back on topic i say it may be a munchlax like one where its in the movie but has very little influence

Nope.
Why do you think that?

Last edited:

has anyone noticed on the generation opening movies its a humanoid Pokemon and old legendary
Zoroark and celibi

Latios and Lati... oops

Zoroark and celibi

back on topic i say it may be a munchlax like one where its in the movie but has very little influence

Yeah, I noticed it. Also Mew and Celebi are grouped together in the same legendary group (at least by fan listing)

So the next gen will have a human-like canine with Jirachi...

I have considered this, only my thoughts go all the way back to Lugia and Ho-oh. All the signature legends have had a blue one, and the other one is red. Groudon and Kygre, obvious enough. Dialga and Palkia. Dialga still fits the form, but for Palkia, pink is a form of red. Will this pattern continue? If so, how will it play out? Black and red/white and blue? Or Black and blue/white and red?

Now that I've said that, I'm beginning to doubt there is much on the card after looking at it for so long. Does it really matter what is on it, though? We will get starters and legends eventually, what is one more pokemon to satisfy our boredom?

black and red, blue and white.

A winner is me.

I` rather not have any of the mascots having any blue or red colour on them..They`ve been on almost one or the other cover poke(a shade of them atleast)

I think so too... I wonder what the Mismagius and the Mightyena is supposed to belong to in the movie anyways?

I recall seeing a poster with Mismagius. Or at least it's pre-evolution.

The mascots will probably have black and white on each of them. Most mascots, if not all of them (I'm pretty sure it's all of them), have the same tint as their respective games.

Back
Top Bottom